Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Caim

Arcane
MIYAZAKI ALREADY SAID IT'S ABOUT THE SIZE OF LIMGRAVE.
Stop yelling, nobody's deaf.
Memehackzaki also said that ER would be about 30 hours long. How did that turn out?
Plus they showed some underground area so it's not just Limgrave. It's Limgrave surface area plus an underground area (possibly just as large) plus whatever.
You can finish ER in 30 hours (if you ignore the side content that bloats the game to 100+ hours)
You can finish ER in 30 minutes (if you speedrun)

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Finally finished the last part of Consecrated Snowfield (the invisible assassin-infested town). Miquella's Haligtree is up ahead. Might just finish this playthrough in time for Shadow of the Erdtree. I'm back in it, boys!

20240524_210541 - Copy.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MIYAZAKI ALREADY SAID IT'S ABOUT THE SIZE OF LIMGRAVE.
Stop yelling, nobody's deaf.
Memehackzaki also said that ER would be about 30 hours long. How did that turn out?
Plus they showed some underground area so it's not just Limgrave. It's Limgrave surface area plus an underground area (possibly just as large) plus whatever.
You can finish ER in 30 hours (if you ignore the side content that bloats the game to 100+ hours)
You can finish ER in 30 minutes (if you speedrun)

You can finish ER in 1 minute (if you uninstall)

9ted6

Educated
Glad we're getting a whole DLC focused on the retarded uwu femboy character.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Obviously. What else would they make it about?
Aliens? Astel? Rot god? Dark Moon? Blood Star? Dragon God? Frenzied flame god? Formless mother?
Nah brah, "dear miquella, oh dearest miquella....". As per Malenia.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Miquella being a femboy is the only part that's retarded about that character, everything else is quite interesting. Japs just can't help themselves, it seems.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I think it's just a play on the old concept of the divine androgyne. I seriously doubt this has anything to do with current year homo faggotry. I remember this kind of stuff being in animes as far back as the 80s it's very old in Japanese pop culture.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Androgenous men have been seen as appealing in Japanese culture for a long time. It's why it's so common among anime/game villains. Something along the lines of 'Only a chump needs brute force to win, a real badass can win while barely touching you.'

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I think it's just a play on the old concept of the divine androgyne. I seriously doubt this has anything to do with current year homo faggotry. I remember this kind of stuff being in animes as far back as the 80s it's very old in Japanese pop culture.
I also think it's a holdover from Japan's pagan heritage more so than wokinista moderntardism. I still hate it.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Wow, I was really struggling at named dragon hunting in this game until I started using Rock Sling, now I've killed all of the ones you can meet up to the capital. I also beat down the Omen King with it first try. Most of the higher-level magic that I've been trying out is utterly useless in comparison. I don't even have a magic boosting flask or talisman setup. I imagine if I actually equipped the meteorite staff and tweaked my loadout it would be utterly broken (unless there's a lot of stuff that can actively resist large chinks of physical damage).

9ted6

Educated
It's pretty gay to me regardless and whatever From's intent was I can't not see it as a fetish thing. Japanese folklore has so many masculine figures in it that I don't think having femboy traps goes too far back beyond relatively recent anime. Though like Skinwalker I don't think the intention was wokeness.
Miquella being a femboy is the only part that's retarded about that character, everything else is quite interesting. Japs just can't help themselves, it seems.
Gwyndolin too. There's no real reason for the backstory note of him being raised as a daughter. It's never explained and doesn't serve any real purpose to his character or the story and only really makes Gwyn look like a creep.

They did the same thing with Margott or w/e his name is when it was revealed his entire character and motivation all along was wanting buttsex with Miquella, though I don't know if that was something From wanted or GRRM wanted.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
it might come as a shock for some of you, but beauty standards are not the same everywhere in the world
it's specially different in the east
talking about Japan specifically, this fact should be immediately apparent once you learn that the classical metaphor for the masculine warrior ideal is the cherry blossom ffs
a feminine youthful look is their equivalent of Schwarzenegger at his peak for us

if anything, the buff, square-jawed, grizzled man is what they nowadays associate with homosexuality

if anything, the buff, square-jawed, grizzled man is what they nowadays associate with homosexuality
yes, the girly looks of the shoujo manga male character types are mostly the product of fiction wrote by women for women. gays prefer more macho types.
ackshually, this also happens in the west if you think about it

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
They did the same thing with Margott or w/e his name is when it was revealed his entire character and motivation all along was wanting buttsex with Miquella, though I don't know if that was something From wanted or GRRM wanted.
Well, at least with Mohg, it is implied he is trying to become the new equivalent of the Elden Lord, and needs Miquella as his divine "consort"... because that's just how things work in this universe.

Gwyndolin is just a femboy for the sake of having a femboy. And then he gets partially consumed by black sludge. Weird.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Gwyndolin too. There's no real reason for the backstory note of him being raised as a daughter. It's never explained and doesn't serve any real purpose to his character or the story and only really makes Gwyn look like a creep.

Wasn't it something to do with Gwyndolin having an affinity for the moon / night, in contrast to the rest of the family being sun gods? So it was basically Gwyn doing all but outright disowning him?

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Gwyndolin's lower body consists of serpents, I think it's implied that he is the hybrid child of Gwyn and Seethe the Scaleless. Somehow.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

100% that was Martin's idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom