Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

9ted6

Educated
All the artistic and aesthetic debates aside I think the bottom line is Gwyndolin and Miquella are designed the way they are for no reason other than uwu femboys. Just like Priscilla is uwu fluffy dragon girl. Gwyndo and Priscilla in particular stand out badly from other designs in DS1.

The only reason Gwyndo was raised a girl and Miquella is a twink is because they wanted to cater to fujoshis and fanfic writers since the fanbase writes 95% of the lore for them anyway. It's the team sacrificing the aesthetic and story for bland waifubaiting. What other reason could there be?

As Lyric also showed the trend of feminized men in Japan is a very recent thing and clashes pretty hard with historical Japanese art. Whatever their reasoning it wasn't because of traditional Japanese culture.

Meshugger

Novice
All the artistic and aesthetic debates aside I think the bottom line is Gwyndolin and Miquella are designed the way they are for no reason other than uwu femboys. Just like Priscilla is uwu fluffy dragon girl. Gwyndo and Priscilla in particular stand out badly from other designs in DS1.

The only reason Gwyndo was raised a girl and Miquella is a twink is because they wanted to cater to fujoshis and fanfic writers since the fanbase writes 95% of the lore for them anyway. It's the team sacrificing the aesthetic and story for bland waifubaiting. What other reason could there be?

As Lyric also showed the trend of feminized men in Japan is a very recent thing and clashes pretty hard with historical Japanese art. Whatever their reasoning it wasn't because of traditional Japanese culture.
Considering how feminine boys/men are portrayed, both in From Software games and in history and folklore at large, as tragic characters of which were the result of scandals and heresies alike I would say that your conclusion comes more from other sources which are neither beneficial for you for the ones creating them.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Serious question: What the hell does any of this have to do with Elden Ring? Why don't you start a new thread? e.g. Lyric Suite's autistic musings about why feudal Japanese men didn't dress like femboys.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Serious question: What the hell does any of this have to do with Elden Ring? Why don't you start a new thread? e.g. Lyric Suite's autistic musings about why feudal Japanese men didn't dress like femboys.

Maybe go back to when the argument started?

We were discussing Miquella being an homofag and whether that meant FromSoft was chasing after modern trends. Some of us argued Miquella being some kind of fem-twink has nothing to do with modern homo ideology, and it's more of a reflection of an aspect of Japanese culture that has nothing to do with teh gay or anything like that.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Maybe go back to when the argument started?

We were discussing Miquella being an homofag and whether that meant FromSoft was chasing after modern trends. Some of us argued Miquella being some kind of fem-twink has nothing to do with modern homo ideology, and it's more of a reflection of an aspect of Japanese culture that has nothing to do with teh gay or anything like that.

I believe you guys got lost in the weeds somewhere, but fair enough. Nothing much to discuss atm anyway.

Silva

Arcane
You faggots got all butthurt by my praise of Lies of P, but the truth is: it's got the super tight combat and tense moment to moment play that makes DS1 and BB so awesome.

Only place Elden Ring has any of that is Leyndel and it's sewers.

Just sayin.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
You faggots got all butthurt by my praise of Lies of P, but the truth is: it's got the super tight combat and tense moment to moment play that makes DS1 and BB so awesome.

Only place Elden Ring has any of that is Leyndel and it's sewers.

Just sayin.
Nobody is butthurt over Lies of Piss. It's just another failed Soulsborne ripoff.

I played it, it's 6/10 at best. Combat felt far from "super tight" to me and some of the bosses there were more irritating than the most bullshit fights in ER. I don't think I will ever learn to love constant delayed "gotcha!" attacks.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Yeah, not watching any of that.
Even though it contains new footage? Okay, TL;DW then:

• Interviewee recapped how the DLC was accessed.
  • Got 3 hours of total playtime, but was asked not to stray beyond the area of the first map fragment.
  • Fought main bosses "Twinmoon Knight Relana" and "Divine Beast Dancing Lion".
  • Dancing Lion boss constantly switches between elements every 30/60 seconds.
  • Footage showed a new grab attack of the Lion.
  • Relana is apparently a gank boss that summons firestorms.
  • Over 100 new weapons.
  • New "Martial Arts" weapon type, there's one that scales more with strength and another with dexterity.
  • Footage of perfumes being used as their own weapon shown.
  • Interviewee's favorite was the dexterity Martial Art.
  • Wicker Man enemy isn't a boss, large wandering enemy roughly on the same level as the wooden golems in the base game.
  • Two Legacy Dungeons available at the start of the DLC, an abandoned castle and a castle currently under siege.
  • Abandoned castle had a gloomy atmosphere, feels "infested", lots of clambering over and around ruins.
  • Besieged castle feels more active, similar to Stormveil, mentions of monster infighting between two factions.
  • Interviewee found the luminescent worm creatures, they are passive.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I'm gonna miss out on the expansion because I can't hold a fucking job. Do tell me how glorious it is bros.
:negative:
Maybe you shouldn't have bought Stellar Blade twice?
121fdc89-2c4b-47b6-a3e9-c36571ad6839_text.gif

That was actually a good burn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom