Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

As an aside anybody catch the video below?

60 iframes on a jump is fucking crazy, no wonder jump grug is a viable playstyle.
"Locking on is a trap." NO SHIT. Been like that since DS2.

Every dumbass in this thread needs to watch this.
It's always been like that. Locking on is unreliable, and you have to couple that with FROM's shit camera positioning and angles. Learning to manage without using it is almost as critical as learning to parry.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Yeah these are not good fights. I'm jumping on the fuck From Software bandwagon. Messmer and Gayus are especially bad. I beat both but I didn't have any fun doing it or felt any satisfaction afterwards. Also I broke my tv remote chucking it at the wall. Stupid fucking fisheye chinks.

Dr1f7

Scholar
gayus sucks ass that charge is impossible to dodge i gave up on him
i enjoyed messmer tho he was def. the toughest of the ones i've beaten so far, but also the most fun

Zeriel

Arcane
I think it's just a play on the old concept of the divine androgyne. I seriously doubt this has anything to do with current year homo faggotry. I remember this kind of stuff being in animes as far back as the 80s it's very old in Japanese pop culture.

You can make a fair argument that the old concept of the "divine androgyne" was just antiquity bros being pervs though.

Mauman

Scholar
I think it's just a play on the old concept of the divine androgyne. I seriously doubt this has anything to do with current year homo faggotry. I remember this kind of stuff being in animes as far back as the 80s it's very old in Japanese pop culture.

You can make a fair argument that the old concept of the "divine androgyne" was just antiquity bros being pervs though.
Alternatively, Miyazaki wanks to berserk.

Zeriel

Arcane

Alternatively, Miyazaki wanks to berserk.

I'm not saying Miyasaki cares about that. Dude wants to see feet and femboys, but even the concepts from the old days... if you look at Greeks banging boys nonstop, it's not exactly hard to draw a line of perversion there.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Oh great. Now the faggots are posting complete bullshit about raping children again. All we fucking need.

Anime is gay, so you are you. Get yourself a nice rope and wearing round your neck until you turn blue.

Reinhardt

Arcane
As an aside anybody catch the video below?

60 iframes on a jump is fucking crazy, no wonder jump grug is a viable playstyle.
"Locking on is a trap." NO SHIT. Been like that since DS2.

Every dumbass in this thread needs to watch this.
It's always been like that. Locking on is unreliable, and you have to couple that with FROM's shit camera positioning and angles. Learning to manage without using it is almost as critical as learning to parry.
wait, there is locking on?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Abyssal Woods sure is fun. Big, empty, no horse allowed, and shitty fucking stealth sections where you die on sight. Wow.

I am so fucking close to uninstalling this piece of shit.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Abyssal Woods sure is fun. Big, empty, no horse allowed, and shitty fucking stealth sections where you die on sight. Wow.

Parry one of them once with the buckler and kill him to get the talisman. Then use assassin's gambit to run past everything.
Too late, I ran through it the hard way. I didn't know you could kill them.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Parry one of them once with the buckler and kill him to get the talisman. Then use assassin's gambit to run past everything.
Too late, I ran through it the hard way. I didn't know you could kill them.
aren't you bestest and strongest player on codex?

Odoryuk

Educated
gayus sucks ass that charge is impossible to dodge i gave up on him
It is very much possible to dodge and the hippo boss previously should have prepared you for it

Well, it's kinda hard to aim thrusts without that shit.

Locking on is a tool. Sometimes you can use it, sometimes you can't. Playing without locking or only with locking is unviable. I still don't understand why people still argue about this.

abija

Prophet
Well as expected nerf wasn't needed. You level plenty and last location was the only part of the game that didn't feel undertuned numbers wise. None of the bosses were hp sponges...

Hell Swarm

Learned
Locking on is a tool. Sometimes you can use it, sometimes you can't. Playing without locking or only with locking is unviable. I still don't understand why people still argue about this.
People saying use no lock on are always colossal weapon users who can aim their attack direction. They're wearing basically no armour and closing fights out in like a minute. They have no idea what lock on is used for and when you should and shouldn't use it. They run in circles, get a hit in then run to the other side of the arena and repeat.

abija

Prophet
"People saying use no lock on are always colossal weapon users who can aim their attack direction."

Can't all melee aim their attack direction?

Hell Swarm

Learned
"People saying use no lock on are always colossal weapon users who can aim their attack direction."

Can't all melee aim their attack direction?
No. You can move your body to attack forward but DS2 introduced a specific mechanic for large weapons where the direction you push the stick changes where you attack.

Silva

Arcane
The art direction here is through the roof. That climbing of the dragon peaks where you see the eldritch finger monuments below in the distance is absolutely breathtaking and eerie. Somehow it evoked on me similar feelings to seeing the navigator ship remains in ALIEN.

Next time I want a Miyazaki + Ridley Scott coop.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I play with a pad and quite often don't use lock on, whether I'm using a colossal weapon or not. It's true that colossal weapons can change attack aim direction during the wind up, but you can always change your facing before swinging. The only thing that colossal attack aim does is make it so you aren't super screwed with your weapon's slow ass swing compared to everything else.

Lock on is a hindrance rather than help for big enemies in particular, especially ones that hop around a lot. e.g. dragons, ulcerated tree spirits, etc.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
The problem is you can't use the face buttons and control the camera at the same time unless you curl your hand up over the controller like a ghoul which is uncomfortable, gay looking and will probably eventually cause something bad to happen to your joints or nerves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom