Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Nathir

Liturgist
Well I'm at the last boss right now. Not sure what I expected but definitely not this before the DLC released. Will see how the story ends after killing him.

Mortmal

Arcane
btw why the fuck isn't there anyone to summon in any of the dlc
Oh, it's easy to answer. You need to fulfill the NPC quests to have them as summons. I ended up with no one to summon too. The quests can be broken by just walking toward the Shadow Keep.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The quests can be broken by just walking toward the Shadow Keep.

It advances the quests but it doesn't necessarily break them. I was able to finish all the NPC questlines despite getting unexpectedly hit with the enchantment breaking on the way to the Shadow Keep before I'd even spoken to half of the NPCs, but I did look up guides straight after I got the message because I panicked and thought I'd messed everything up so I knew where to find them after that. The real point of no return is burning the sealing tree, that's when you lose the ability to complete all the quests associated with Miquella related NPCs.

Hell Swarm

Learned

It advances the quests but it doesn't necessarily break them. I was able to finish all the NPC questlines despite getting unexpectedly hit with the enchantment breaking on the way to the Shadow Keep before I'd even spoken to half of the NPCs, but I did look up guides straight after I got the message because I panicked and thought I'd messed everything up so I knew where to find them after that. The real point of no return is burning the sealing tree, that's when you lose the ability to complete all the quests associated with Miquella related NPCs.
Is there a complete NPC quest line walk through any one? I missed them first time round.

Dr1f7

Scholar
btw why the fuck isn't there anyone to summon in any of the dlc
Oh, it's easy to answer. You need to fulfill the NPC quests to have them as summons. I ended up with no one to summon too. The quests can be broken by just walking toward the Shadow Keep.
i mean players for co-op, not the npc summons
i think it's cuz i'm level 70 everyone else is prolly out of summon range for me

but yeah the npc quests break if you kill like the 3rd boss lmao
that's why for fromsoft games you always need to play with a guide

Odoryuk

Educated
Why the fuck didn't I play offline, the messages spoiled me where to use the gesture. The same happened in DS3 as well.
Must be nice getting there by your own.
In my defence I used this gesture almost everywhere and at some point decided that Marika statues were useless for that, despite the gesture's name

Anonona

Learned
I think is not that bad, after all one of the reasons Souls games are so obtuse with its secrets has always been to promote players using messages to help each other find very well hidden secrets. It did lead to a very nice sense of community back when Demon's Souls released.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
By far my most hated aspect of the DLC so far is the Furnace Golems. Easily the most tedious, annoying, poorly designed enemy Fromsoft has ever conceived. I've gotten to the point where I won't even fight them, because not only is it far from fun, but the rewards do not outweigh the pure annoyance I feel while doing so.

After reading about bosses in the DLC, I think I'll be skipping it. Not interested in even more spastic bosses and delayed combos.

If From Soft wants to chase "pro" players, its their decision. Hope they don't mind loosing the "casual" crowd's money.

They chased the autistic crowd who think they can dodge everything pressing the roll button. If you use a shield, every boss is bearable. Asmongold killed the final boss in a couple of tries, under twenty minutes. Meanwhile, others have spent hours and hours trying to dodge everything.
The key ER gameplay mechanic to understand is enemy startup frame reaction. If the opponent is coded to punish the early frames of a chosen action you're in for a challenge (normally a combination of timing/spacing/positioning) if not you'll crush them if you've played this type of game before. The weapon art/block/jump vs attack/roll/parry dichotomy.

As an aside anybody catch the video below?

60 iframes on a jump is fucking crazy, no wonder jump grug is a viable playstyle.

After reading about bosses in the DLC, I think I'll be skipping it. Not interested in even more spastic bosses and delayed combos.

If From Soft wants to chase "pro" players, its their decision. Hope they don't mind loosing the "casual" crowd's money.

They chased the autistic crowd who think they can dodge everything pressing the roll button. If you use a shield, every boss is bearable. Asmongold killed the final boss in a couple of tries, under twenty minutes. Meanwhile, others have spent hours and hours trying to dodge everything.
The key ER gameplay mechanic to understand is enemy startup frame reaction. If the opponent is coded to punish the early frames of a chosen action you're in for a challenge (normally a combination of timing/spacing/positioning) if not you'll crush them if you've played this type of game before. The weapon art/block/jump vs attack/roll/parry dichotomy.

As an aside anybody catch the video below?

60 iframes on a jump is fucking crazy, no wonder jump grug is a viable playstyle.

Wasn't jump attack the way to exploit the game since day one? It's stayed that way it seems.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Why the fuck didn't I play offline, the messages spoiled me where to use the gesture. The same happened in DS3 as well.
Must be nice getting there by your own.
In my defence I used this gesture almost everywhere and at some point decided that Marika statues were useless for that, despite the gesture's name
I assume this is why I missed like 3 fucking bosses in Shadow Keep. I wonder what else I have missed. I never use gestures. I didn't even know this was a thing.

Vorark

Erudite
Radahn is based though

He's a victim. Gets space std, dies, is ressurrected into a repurposed deceased body only to be made consort of a twink, dies again. Poor fellow.

It's really weird. I managed to finish a few questlines despite saving at the first site of grace in the final dungeon, way past the Shadow Keep. Namely Ansbachs's, Redmane gal, that guy near St Trina and Igon. Probably missed a bunch of dialogue though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom