Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
They've been getting lazy with everything.

Nathir

Liturgist

The GEQ could even be an entity inside Melina just like Messmer's base serpent. Who knows.

This were my thoughts aswell. Based on my understanding so far I think its most likely the GQE was either Marikas twin sister or another part of her like Radagon is. Melina is 100% Marikas daughter, but born from some kind of magical means, like the ember egg. That's why she says she doesn't have a mother and was born at the erdtree.

Marika defeated the GQE and sealed her into Melinas closed eyeball. If you release the rune of death, the GQE becomes unsealed aswell and takes over.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Hang on a sec... Gloam Eyed Queen = GEQu

GEQu is pronounced similarly to GEK

GEK could be written GECK

Suddenly everything makes sense, she's actually just a device for rehabilitating a post-apocalyptic wasteland and Myazaki is actually Tod Howard in a mask.

I should make a lore video and post it on youtube immediately!

Reinhardt

Arcane
those red pipo, fingers or something, are perfect demonstration of how retarded modern fs combat is. please tell me they are in game to make fun at average souls player with constant circus rolling around. i miss nioh human fights.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
those red pipo, fingers or something, are perfect demonstration of how retarded modern fs combat is. please tell me they are in game to make fun at average souls player with constant circus rolling around. i miss nioh human fights.
That's caused by invulnerability frames. If you can hit rolling enemy, then they are strongly motivated to avoid rolling into wrong direction.

Or I can post about 1000 Racoon videos that are rather nice examples of how Elden ring players are playing the game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And lets not forget about these big goats.

edit: When I tried to find funny video with that big goat, I found a discussion about heaviest DS set with ninja ring with Chaos dagger +15.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After reading about bosses in the DLC, I think I'll be skipping it. Not interested in even more spastic bosses and delayed combos.

If From Soft wants to chase "pro" players, its their decision. Hope they don't mind loosing the "casual" crowd's money.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
After reading about bosses in the DLC, I think I'll be skipping it. Not interested in even more spastic bosses and delayed combos.

If From Soft wants to chase "pro" players, its their decision. Hope they don't mind loosing the "casual" crowd's money.

They chased the autistic crowd who think they can dodge everything pressing the roll button. If you use a shield, every boss is bearable. Asmongold killed the final boss in a couple of tries, under twenty minutes. Meanwhile, others have spent hours and hours trying to dodge everything.

Hell Swarm

Learned

The casual market keeps buying it with no intention of finishing it.

They chased the autistic crowd who think they can dodge everything pressing the roll button. If you use a shield, every boss is bearable. Asmongold killed the final boss in a couple of tries, under twenty minutes. Meanwhile, others have spent hours and hours trying to dodge everything.
I use a shield. I still think the last boss is unreasonable. It'll be nerfed pretty hard soon any way.

Nathir

Liturgist

It really isn't that bad. I still have to reach the last boss though.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finally figured out what was causing those weird frame pacing issues. It wasn't the expansion or new patch or anything, it was a program I'd installed since I last played ER that was causing some sort of conflict. Any time it's not running, it's fine. If it's running and active, such as when I tab out to a second window, it causes ER to stutter.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Elden Ring is the easiest souls game. There's nothing in this game like the anor Londo rooftop gauntlet. Very open and freedom to grind as much as you want.
Used to play the old Souls games a ton. Have made almost no progress in Elden Ring. Possible that an open world makes it harder for people like me who find most open worlds boring and aren't gonna wander for hours and hours, hitting one brick wall after another, for better gear. I did really get into Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, but the open world had more to offer than just fighting. Also think it's much more the animations just being so bullshitty now. The prolonged windups that suddenly go very fast, the attacks suddenly changing directions, the surprising range of the attack... Anyway, I hate you people. I don't know if you just say "It's the easiest" because you really believe it, but you enable FromSoftware to keep doubling down on the BS, when they should be making a new system. Or you say "Just adapt," enabling. You can adapt to anything, but the inbred design will become more and more rigid if you just excuse it all with that attitude and consume.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Also, grinding like that is no way to play an RPG. If specializing the difficulty for players who already know the systems well has made the game so inaccessible that even the more hardened of them have to grind (and look up secrets, the other frequent suggestion) for the first time, it's time to try something new.

DemonKing

Arcane
Haven't had much chance to play but haven't found the difficulty so bad so far. Killed the Lion Dancer after only a few tries. Rellana Twin Blade took a few more but only because it took me a while to work out you had to dodge that big BS twin moon attack she does to avoid damage...

Hell Swarm

Learned
Would be really nice if faggots could stop joining the thread to say "I just started the DLC. I don't see the problems with it at all" as if the entire discussion isn't around late DLC bosses being bullshit not the tutorial stuff.

Almost beat big Mogh at SL1 tonight but it really shows how badly designed the systems are in Elden ring. Depending on where bleed and frost proc (using claws with both status) completely changes the fight. If they proc right phase 2 starts with him at 25% life at most. If it procs wrong it starts with him at 75% health. Doing exactly the same tactics with the same summons but it makes a world of difference. Phase 1 just doesn't exist with this build. You enter, hit the shackle once and you have him stun locked into doing his counting shit while you beat on him. He has to count every step before he can enter phase 2 so if you can keep procing the count down and don't stand in front of him he's completely defenseless. If you use the shackle to proc the first one you can get into phase 2 without you or your summon taking a hit. I'm positive with the right procs I could kill him before he enters phase 2. Maybe eating a +stamina item would give me the extra few hits to make it happen. Either way it's fucking ridiculous how much damage you can do at SL1 in this game. It sounds stupid but I'm having to do practice runs with the +blood damage talisman and the +damage at full health talisman to figure out which combo works best so I can get the best phase 2 health pool. Stacking both doesn't seem to be the way to go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom