Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elex 2 VS Elden Ring

Which one will likely be better?

• Elex 2

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 106 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This is going to be kept split I see.

Did I see a mutant Rhino mentioned. But no hippos to be found? I doubt either game will have that.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I doubt either gane will have that.

41ub40vO+JL.jpg

I think we have a winner :smug:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Should've ended the poll at 50 votes each so it would be perfectly balanced. We were so close to world peace.

kalash19

Novice
Believe me, i didnt say ranged or caster build in Elden Ring isnt viable. I just want to say they are very boring and limited in combat style, lackluster when comparing to melee weapon builds. Elex probably be better in this.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think spamming Plasma blob, PSI Launcher black holes or flamethrower to stunlock enemies is particularly interesting or creative.

kalash19

Novice
I don't think spamming Plasma blob, PSI Launcher black holes or flamethrower to stunlock enemies is particularly interesting or creative.
Ranged build: Elex let you aim and shot with ranged weapon in third person perspective like normal TPS game while Elden Ring force you to use target lock and clunky 1st view for aimed shot.

Caster build: Magic in Elex is probably better in diversity and more flexible in casting for the same reason mentioned above.

I love the setting and world of Elden Ring, looks splendid on 4K HDR 55. And really dense packed world, and lots of small tangents. I found a bridge that was destroyed, and looked a round and found a small path in a cliff that you could follow to circle through. Really nice attention to detail. But it still runs on their ass old engine, but it works and they got the game released atleast. They really made a good blend of gameplay mechaniques with ashes of war that gives attribute scaling + weapon art that you can change around from weapon to weapon. Also feels natural that the consumables are craftable now.

But it is kind of easy. I picked the Prophet because I wanted to role play Muad'Dip in his hermit incel phase. And honestly with the spear alone, especially with horsie I can scewer all enemies that I met. Just some timing and spacing and you can push through, dark souls combat. Honestly Sekiro had a more fun and unique combat, a lot more intense.

Looking forward to ELEX II and getting killed by anything that moves, unironically. This game really is like I memed, some casual fun for the weekend.

Renevent

Cipher
Loving the game as well, and yeah it looks absolutely glorious. The attention of detail in how they crafted the world is awe inspiring. Most open world games lead you by the hand to it's "secrets" whereas Elden Ring tries to hide it's secrets and you really have to pay attention to the terrain and environment. It also runs great/smooth for me, although I have a great PC (Windows 11/16GB Ram/i9 12900k/RTX 2080).

Normal enemies are easy especially if you've already played the previous games. It's the same combat system for the most part so not sure why this is a surprise to anyone, especially folks who've spent hours and hours mastering the previous games. That said the bosses I've encountered are challenging as expected (need to learn their attack patterns) and I've run into many world bosses/enemies that are clearly too difficult to even attempt at the start. I'm sure there are people that can, but for instance, if you can beat the gold mounted knight at the start of the open world right off the bat you clearly a Dark Souls master and I'm not sure what From could have done to make that any more difficult.

Anyways highly recommended, it's already shaping up to be my game of the decade and I have barely scratched the surface.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I am hoping Elex 2 ramps up the challenge quite a bit. I am disappointed in Elden Ring's difficulty.

FriendlyMerchant

Since today's the day, which one should I purchase totally legally through one of several convenient, fair, and reliable software vendors commonly available such as Steam or GOG? Elex or Elden Ring?

Last edited by a moderator:

deama

Prophet
Loving the game as well, and yeah it looks absolutely glorious. The attention of detail in how they crafted the world is awe inspiring. Most open world games lead you by the hand to it's "secrets" whereas Elden Ring tries to hide it's secrets and you really have to pay attention to the terrain and environment. It also runs great/smooth for me, although I have a great PC (Windows 11/16GB Ram/i9 12900k/RTX 2080).

Normal enemies are easy especially if you've already played the previous games. It's the same combat system for the most part so not sure why this is a surprise to anyone, especially folks who've spent hours and hours mastering the previous games. That said the bosses I've encountered are challenging as expected (need to learn their attack patterns) and I've run into many world bosses/enemies that are clearly too difficult to even attempt at the start. I'm sure there are people that can, but for instance, if you can beat the gold mounted knight at the start of the open world right off the bat you clearly a Dark Souls master and I'm not sure what From could have done to make that any more difficult.

Anyways highly recommended, it's already shaping up to be my game of the decade and I have barely scratched the surface.
Did you experience any stutters issues in elden ring? Apparently a lot of people are having that issue.

Renevent

Cipher

Did you experience any stutters issues in elden ring? Apparently a lot of people are having that issue.

I have a stutter running around the open world every 10 mins or so, barely noticeable. I can't speak to what others have experienced but if that's what they're getting and making a big fuss over they're autistic morons.

deama

Prophet

I have a stutter running around the open world every 10 mins or so, barely noticeable. I can't speak to what others have experienced but if that's what they're getting and making a big fuss over they're autistic morons.
I have a friend who's currently playing and he's saying it's annoyingly bad and he gets them often in open world, I during some open world boss battle he kept getting it so often that it was very frustrating.
He's got a 3070ti, but only just a ryzen 3600, I'm guessing the difference must be the CPU, though interestingly his NVMe m.2 kept getting spikes to 100% usage during gameplay.
What storage device do you use for the game? Is it just an SSD or NVMe via m.2?

I get momentary stutters sometimes, but it seems to be when you are approaching the edge of an area and it loads in the adjacent area. I have a ryzen 3700 but also a WD Black SN850 NVMe m2 PCI 4 7000 MB/s read time, but only a 5600xt sapphire, but that one is PCI 4 as well.

jungl

Augur
I'm more excited how fromsoft gonna use souls game technicalities to their armored core franchise. Japanese mech franchises like front mission and armored core need to be brought back strong to make gaming great again. Sci Fi mech action and rpgs more cool then fantasy.

German gaming companies are trash right only the battle bros devs are decent. They either steal government or kickstarter money to fund secret nazi bunkers and gold production or have talent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom