Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Having some of that seems unavoidable in modern games, but I don't feel it is as prevalent as other open world rpgs.

Hellion

Arcane
Later on in the game, enemies hit harder and Jax's HP pool is getting larger, meaning that "lesser potions" don't heal for much % HP. At some point I actually burned through all the potions I had accumulated during the early game and had to resort to crafting/cooking in order to make more healing items.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
There is a vast universe of difference between liking a flawed game, and defending a terrible one.

I like plenty of flawed games, and can like them in spite of their flaws (Outward, Morrowind) or even because of them (Deus Ex). We're not talking about a good game with some flaws. Elex was a bad, poorly made janky mess and the sequel looks to be the same. It is not "spite" to point this out. What you're calling spite is in fact the perfectly normal reaction of a person who sees a bunch of people circling the wagons for an obviously bad game -- it invites you (and the game you're defending) to get shitted upon, from great heights.

On a serious note, isn't what's a good game with flaws and what's a bad game inherently subjective? It's kind of narcissistic to assume otherwise.

I'll never understand what drives people like you to be so petty/upset at people having fun with something you don't like.

Well, you probably don't understand it because it isn't happening. This is basically a thinly-veiled attempted at a "U Mad?" I just think it is funny that people are going to the wall for this terrible game. It is like Eurotrash posters feel compelled to stick up for their European developer who makes the same shitty game, over and over again. I'm thinking the only reason that studio is still alive is because they get EU/German subsidies (which is also hilariously European).

just

Liturgist
not offering your blood to raavak and playing at 10% health at all times
not gonna make it

Bah

Arcane
I just think it is funny that people are going to the wall for this terrible game.

You seem to be confusing the delusions in your head with what has actually been posted. The only people ranting are the ones who absolutely hate it. A hand full of people saying they're enjoying it isn't "going to the wall for this terrible game".

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I just think it is funny that people are going to the wall for this terrible game.

You seem to be confusing the delusions in your head with what has actually been posted. The only people ranting are the ones who absolutely hate it. A hand full of people saying they're enjoying it isn't "going to the wall for this terrible game".
These people are just miserable morons that's all.

Ryzer

Arcane
Perfect description of Skyrim, where you can even find fresh potatoes and cabbages in sealed crypts.
Well, that does make more sense than in Elex. In nordic mythology (because that's what Skyrim is inspired upon), people offer proper food to gods to satisfy them.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora...en-offerings-for-the-gods-part-one-the-vanir/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_rituals
The connection between the living and the dead was maintained through rituals connected to the burial place like sacrifice of objects, food and drink.
It kinda tells you something when Skyrim is more believable than Elex.
There is nothing that explains all those scattered items in Elex.

U-8D8

Savant
It kinda tells you something when Skyrim is more believable than Elex./QUOTE]

What are you an infant? The barrows are locked and guarded by dangerous undead and the idea that someone would brave those dangers to put an apple next to the nordic equivalent of a lich is ludicrous. Can this thread get back to talking about the game rather than being an autistic slap fight between people who haven't played it?

Ryzer

Arcane
Let's repeat the part that you find believable.

Fresh potatoes and cabbages in sealed crypts.

Fresh food and healing potions scattered everywhere in a post-apocalyptic world

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Fresh food and healing potions scattered everywhere in a post-apocalyptic world

The berserkers' terraforming has made food scarcity a thing of the past, silly. It's post-post apocalyptic.

No comment on the game, I rarely play day 1, also still finishing my new build... But what is going on with the fired up motherfuckers raging against ELEX II? Where did Björn Pankratz touch randy_shekelfuck, and shouldn't he be dying on that Larian D:OS3 BG3 hill?

U-8D8

Savant
You can handwave away the shit you pick up in any number of ways. The real thing to worry about is how it affects the gameplay. Is the early game piss easy with so many health items? Does selling your surplus health potions give you too much money early in the game?

Jinn

Arcane
Is the early game piss easy with so many health items?

On Ultra difficulty you can easily die in one or two hits if you're not careful, even to the low level enemies. I wish there were fewer potions around, but it hasn't destroyed any sense of challenge I've felt. Just don't have to munch on as many cultivator loafs and healing herbs as I might have initially.

Does selling your surplus health potions give you too much money early in the game?

Training, good equipment, and upgrades are extremely expensive from what I've seen so far. Game world economy seems fine and decently tight in the beginning, but remember, I'm only about 3 hours in.

Bah

Arcane
Haven't bought it yet, as I will wait for a patch or two, but I did turn on Cohhcarnage's stream to see the game in a bit more depth. He's playing on Ultra and that looks to be the right difficulty to play on for a first playthrough. If anything, it looks like it might be a little too easy and could use a difficulty boost.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
So, in terms of sequel quality, how you guys would rate Elex 2 in a scale of Risen 2 to Gothic 2?
On a scale of Risen 2 to Gothic 2, I'd rate this game yes.

Btw, might be just me, but I feel like the overabundance of loot ceased quite a lot after Bastion (i.e. quite early in-game, 4th level, 3 quests finished or so). Also, apart from the initial "disapointment" with the easy enemies, most of what I meet now meats me.
Yep, definitely the case. It seems they stuffed the beginning with different loot to the brim, but the rest of the world could be a whole lot different case.
Look at this location with a "hidden" dungeon room in the middle. I've searched meticulously the whole installation. Found two drugs in the safe, 70 or so Elexit, one message, one scrap, one potion. That's it.

hhh.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom