Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

flyingjohn

Arcane
I hope vulkan doesn't disappoint so we can get this and xenia on windows 7.

I'm not sure if it's worth enduring glitches on twenty year old games when the console is both easily available and dirt cheap even in thirdworldia nowadays. I use emulators for convenience.

On another note, that Android display bug on Retroarch persists. I wish Squarepusher would stop shitposting on /vr/ for a day or two and fix that.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS DOING LOTS OF THE BORING WORK ON MY CAB PROJECT

USING CONTROLS.DAT TO EDIT CONTROLS.XML SO I CAN GET A CONTROL PANEL LABEL IN THE FRONTEND FOR EACH MAME GAME

FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED THESE TWO SITES MAKE MY JOB EASIER

http://www.arcade-museum.com/
http://gamesdbase.com/

ALSO GAMEFAGS FOR SOME

THEN I AM GETTING ALL THE INTERFACE OPTIONS FOR MY OTHER EMULATORS MAPPED OUT TO MY CONTROL BOARD

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jesus Christ, how no one even talk about this shit. Either I'm retarded or those all old info, probably. But I will share it anyway, maybe it is something new.

Also, WiiU emulator.

spekkio

Arcane
Plus most of it is DX12 and many people here are either on Loonix or Win7 tops.
We're less of hardcoer emufags ("OMG it works!!!) and more of simple gamers ("Can I play games on it?") here.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
So quick question. Since I finaly decided to get a phone.... fucking work..... is there any decent iphone emulators that don't require you to go through bs updates and certificate agreements every other week? Or do I have to jailbreak the fucking thing.
(I should've gone for android :negative:)

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
So quick question. Since I finaly decided to get a phone.... fucking work..... is there any decent iphone emulators that don't require you to go through bs updates and certificate agreements every other week? Or do I have to jailbreak the fucking thing.
I think you may have a problem, D. Most of emus are on android, but I suggest checking iphone store first.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Pretty sure you need to jail break to get any emulator that needs JIT.

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, how about a little bit of testing? :oops:

Yabause 20151031, software renderer + bilinear filtering, no bios

Albert Odyssey - Legend Of Eldean (U)

Works fine in soft:

iSE7lyE.png

hlEmWPB.png

Missing sprites in OpenGl:

27gBA3P.png

Dark Savior (E)

MQfpced.png

Crashes after "New Game". :(

Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers (J)

Looks and works fine.

SWTOOwT.png

x1bFEKO.png

Dragon Force 2 (T)

See above.

gA4ipzu.png

IScLrzh.png

Mystaria - The Realms Of Lore (E)

Looks fine, but suffers from visible slowdowns (3D).

BNVLpro.png

vpLetcA.png

Shinobi Legions (U)

Looks and works great.

Raai45R.png

qjp8z3c.png

Story Of Thor 2 (E)

Majestic.

V0YUQpM.png

jYSEtd9.png

Wachenroder (J)

10 minutes of unskippable cutscenes? :roll:

s8Phtn6.png

D1vg9iG.png

Verdict: Quicksaves, no bios, bilinear filtering, retroarch core = win. 3D games still run too slow.

spekkio

Arcane
Bros, added info about Cemu, Citra, Rpcs3, Xqemu & Xenia to the 1st post.

Glory to the mass!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I(closedgarden)phone is a terrible device for emulation because Apple is a terrible monopolistic company you shouldn't give money to. This bug report on PPSSPP explains what is actually happening, which in short, is that they're disallowing JIT emulators by disabling the ability for running self modifiable code AND checksumming the kernel to prevent hackers turning it on again.

Don't buy Apple.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Jesus Christ, how no one even talk about this shit. Either I'm retarded or those all old info, probably. But I will share it anyway, maybe it is something new.

Also, WiiU emulator.

So it's happening? Can we test those yet?

flyingjohn

Arcane
So it's happening? Can we test those yet?
The only emulator which could be called functioning is citra for 3ds,you can even run some games on it.(no sound yet)
For the rest wait for a couple of years(1-2) and you will probably see a lot of progress.

Did anyone manage to run God of War games on PPSSPP at full speed? I can play literally anything else with all bells and whistles but both GOWs run around 10 FPS.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did anyone manage to run God of War games on PPSSPP at full speed? I can play literally anything else with all bells and whistles but both GOWs run around 10 FPS.
There is a hack specifically for GoW to limit its max FPS to 60. Might help. Although recent versions of ppsspp (as in git) got the ability to have hidden 'per game' hacks, so it's possible the option is hidden and always set now.
You can also set configs per game, including overclock of the emulated PSP cpu. I just did that for Legend of heroes SC (from normal 233 mHz to 250).

A user named cat

BROS, how about a little bit of testing? :oops:

Yabause 20151031, software renderer + bilinear filtering, no bios

Verdict: Quicksaves, no bios, bilinear filtering, retroarch core = win. 3D games still run too slow.
Yabause is still a piece of shit despite being updated much more regularly than SSF. You didn't need to test, it rarely progresses. That emulator has sucked for ages. If only SSF had save state support.

I think you might need a new rig though. I checked a few of those games like Blazing Heroes (US version of Mystaria) and there was no slowdown. Tried in both SSF and Yabause, same performance with no framerate dips. I haven't encountered really any emulators recently that don't run at 60fps since upgrading to Haswell. Even PCSX2 and Dolphin at 8x rendering don't result in any slowdowns. Optimization has come a long way the past couple years.

Also bilinear is an absolute eyesore, embrace the pixels. It's like taking an image, upscaling it, downscaling, then upscaling again for the hell of it. So ugly and blurry. Like a Beamdog HD enhancement but worse.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Also bilinear is an absolute eyesore, embrace the pixels. It's like taking an image, upscaling it, downscaling, then upscaling again for the hell of it. So ugly and blurry. Like a Beamdog HD enhancement but worse.
:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom