Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

geno

Savant
Just noticed that their Steam site names Finger Squad as the developer, but when their web was active it was Iron Sight. When did they change it?
EDIT: The Eula was updated this month. Is that an automated process?
EDIT 2: According to waybackmachine, the developer was Iron Sight on October
According to Steamdb, they uploaded logos for the library this month

Last edited:
Just noticed that their Steam site names Finger Squad as the developer, but when their web was active it was Iron Sight. When did they change it?
Looks like Fingersoft (mobile game developer from the same town) could be their publisher now. Or maybe some closer kind of cooperation even.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didnt the Finnish Lunatic go to work for some mobile game company at some point? Really makes you think.

1669567709305.png

Last edited:
Reading company data from prh.fi:
- Iron Sight was declared bankrupt and deactivated in October 2021
- Finger Squad used to be Viima Games until November 2022. (Viima Games developed its only game Fail Hard for Android in 2014 and it was published by Fingersoft.)
- Finger Squad's current "procurators" are Fingersoft founder Toni Fingerroos and phosphorus

Modron

Arcane
I'll tentatively give you a brofist but if this doesn't materialize into a complete game eventually I am taking it back.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
- Finger Squad used to be Viima Games until November 2022. (Viima Games developed its only game Fail Hard for Android in 2014 and it was published by Fingersoft.)
- Finger Squad's current "procurators" are Fingersoft founder Toni Fingerroos and phosphorus
Is their office in Fingerpori?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:philosoraptor:

geno

Savant
Fresh news from the discord:

toni​

Hello everyone, Firstly, sorry for the years of delay in development and the silence, this hasn't been an easy project. We founded a new company to continue development (Finger Squad) and to secure funding for the future. The plan is to build more strategy / tactical games after End State has reached its full version. End State is still in development and the aim is to open early access version 1st of December to get the community involved. We want to get into a steady loop where we collect community feedback and release monthly updates. At this moment the game is still missing a lot of content, but the tactical side is already very playable and ready for it's first round of feedback and we already have a lot of assets waiting to be implemented into the game. We will now focus fully to make the 1st of December happen and keep you posted.

phosphorous​

personally I would probably continue development for a year or three before release, but maybe it really is better to get some people to actually play it at some point even though it is still very much a work in progress
phosphorous
yeah the plan is like @toni said to get feedback and continue development with monthly updates

toni
Maybe I can introduce myself also a little. I am an early investor in the project, probably was like 2016 when I got into this. At first I was just an investor giving advice and funds to develop, but during the last few years we've gotten to work more together and this has become a very important project for me also. Looking very much forward what we can do together with @phosphorous.
nockeer
Do you already know what the price for early access will be?
toni
19.99$ and 19.99€

geno

Savant
It's quite weird they are doing no noise with this. 0 marketing or announcements on social media (assuming they didn't lost their accounts passwords after years of inactivity). It's like they don't want to sell their game.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Considering the kind of people working on this, I expect them to either release some aborted pre-alpha stuff they were working on three years ago or to blow our fucking minds because they were working on this for years in full autismo mode in complete radio silence.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It might be the announcement of "Jagged Alliance" 3 that stirred the sleeping behemoth. End State was talked about as the spiritual successor to JA2, so maybe they want to release this in EA at least before Faggot Alliance 3.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Smells like they're cutting their losses and cashing in on whatever's left on their harddrives from back when they were still working on this. But I hope I'm wrong.

Jinn

Arcane
Excited this isn't completely dead. Will not buy, though. Has the stench of forever-in-early-access to it. Someone please call me to this thread in a year and make me feel like an idiot if I'm wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom