Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There are roughly 10 different missions to try in the first version. You get gear by completing missions and the characters gain experience and level up. The strategic mode where you select which mission to enter is still very very early and the story is missing at this time.

What we're looking for now is feedback on the turn based tactical combat and it's already quite functional. Shooting, vision, hearing, AI etc works, but naturally needs polishing to be super.

For the future we're looking at more missions, different weapons, armor etc. to make the game complete. It all still needs a lot of polishing and balancing and there's a lot of work for 2023.

It's quite weird they are doing no noise with this. 0 marketing or announcements on social media (assuming they didn't lost their accounts passwords after years of inactivity). It's like they don't want to sell their game.
They are Finns. Marketing, bragging and selling things is seen as a disgusting thing to do for them. Sales people are lower than whores.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are Finns. Marketing, bragging and selling things is seen as a disgusting thing to do for them.
It's true.
As an immigrant here, I find it really funny sometimes.

It goes as deep as not wanting to put just objectively true things into your CV because someone could interpret it as bragging.
The entire fucking point of a CV is to paint a positive picture of yourself! :lol:
If you want to torture a Finn, ask them what they are good at.
(Obviously, exceptions exist, but this is so prevalent here it's one of those stereotypes that hold very true)

So, yes, a Finn not feeling like talking about good stuff they pulled off sounds entirely right.

There are roughly 10 different missions to try in the first version. You get gear by completing missions and the characters gain experience and level up. The strategic mode where you select which mission to enter is still very very early and the story is missing at this time.

What we're looking for now is feedback on the turn based tactical combat and it's already quite functional. Shooting, vision, hearing, AI etc works, but naturally needs polishing to be super.

For the future we're looking at more missions, different weapons, armor etc. to make the game complete. It all still needs a lot of polishing and balancing and there's a lot of work for 2023.

It's quite weird they are doing no noise with this. 0 marketing or announcements on social media (assuming they didn't lost their accounts passwords after years of inactivity). It's like they don't want to sell their game.
OMG, this games 1.0 is never going to actually come out.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually never do this, but I will take one for the team. It's crazy enough to see that this is releasing in any shape or form, for me not to try it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
From discord:
(302) Discord _ #lobby _ ENDSTATE - Brave 1.12.2022 22.34.25.png

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game doesn't even have a trailer. That is really weird indeed.

Edit: Actually, it has one, but you cannot see it on Steam :D

geno

Savant
Yeah they removed the 2 year old one an hour ago:
https://steamdb.info/app/580640/history/

I am guessing they'll probably make a new one soonTM.
They also removed the old screenshots. I swear the new ones don't look as good.
After HOW MANY YEARS?
Well, this thread was created in 2015 and it seems the dev was already working on it for some time.
And this first version is barebones (I understand this is a public release, but still)

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Remember to post some sort of a review of current state of things and few screenshots guys!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So with the new screenshots and stuff, does it even play the same as the old trailer? Looks very different to me.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah I'm not getting good vibes either. Reminds me of what Copper Dreams went through. I really want this to be good though. Thanks for taking one for the team Abu Antar :salute:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, the game doesn't bother with a difficulty curve. The first mission can easily end up with party wipe.

Everything works pretty well, but there definitely are bugs. And basically all storyfag content is placeholder, even the weapon names.

Retardo

Learned
I feel like this will either become the greatest tactics of the decade that will be remembered in years, or go full vaporware.

Anyway, @Hartwain, here's wishing you all the luck and strength to push through with your game.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Developer on discord:
We were up late last night and @toni even continued to work after I went to sleep (I havent been sleeping much lately). There was an issue with shadows being bugged in the steam build that should be fixed soon
  1. yeah it was like two men giving birth to a ten year old

2. [2:55 PM]
    maybe this birth analogy is not the greatest..

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is what strategic layer (kinda) is going to look like:

ES1.jpg

There are going to be some dialogues in between the missions etc.

G-guys, I am playing End State lmao.

ES2.jpg

So like... hmmm, you can break windows or fences and such, generaly the movement side of things is OK, but not anything ground breaking (not that it needs to be). Movement feels somewhat clunky but it is Alpha 004 or w/e.

OMG I am stealthing in End State:
ES3.jpg

In stealth mode, enemies have a Commandos-style vision cone.

Omg I am killing ppl in End State:
ES4.jpg

Notice the silhouete of the enemy inside that we can hear, but not see. So Silent Stomie. Cover is super important as weapons deal pretty heavy damage. Enemies are kinda OK when it comes to AI (they take cover, try to flank, sometimes retreat to better positions), again nothing we havent seen already, but nothing bad either. There is UFO style reaction fire, so be careful not to run into ambushes.

Also headshots are pretty sweet
ES5.jpg

Hilarious thing about reaction fire is that you can hit your own guys and enemies can hit each other - if you for example rush into the view of several enemies, you can cause a friendly fire incident and vice versa.

Unfortunately the first mission froze on me during the enemy turn while I was kicking ass left and right :(

ES6.jpg

I guess this is to be expected. Oh well.

Anyway, the game mostly works and is fun. Hopefuly it will get finished.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom