Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Already reported the game to Finnish authorities under a suspicion of white nationalism, there are no black characters in the game nor developer had made such plans. I think authorities should have a closer look at the company lead dev.
Mitäs he siihen sanoivat?

Finnish police has no qualms with no blacks in game :(

rsm690n.jpg
Eivät kuitenkaan kehoittaneet konsonanttienoksentajaa ottamaan yhteyttä sitten selvinpäin, kohteliaasti toki.
edit.
Fixed possessive genitive case.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Faggot

All of the characters wear dastars. Debatable how the dev could be racist

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played for 70 minutes. Saying that it tries to be Jagged Alliance would be the understatement of the year. With that said: We can only hope that this leads to a finished product, but I have my doubts, even if the foundation is solid. I would call what's in the Early Access a prototype for something possibly good.

What follows are my ramblings:

What does it do that Jagged Alliance does? AP for actions, walking, crouching, prone stances. You can aim for different body parts, the inventory for your dudes, and so on. There's an over world map that you can travel on, and each round that you take will cost one turn, until a new story mission begins.

Your dudes get exp. points, which you can spend on different stats, but I do not think a stat like resolve does anything yet. Like was said above, you want to have a lot of points in reaction, because you will want to have a higher chance than the enemy to get your opportunity attacks in first. If you can get a head shot in, it has been an instant kill. That is if the enemy doesn't wear a helmet. There are a few different variants of enemies according to the mission briefings, but they seem mostly the same to me. In the briefing, you can see the number of opponents your squad will face, and what rewards you will get. I redid one mission three times, because I was messing up, and each time, the enemy placement was different. That's one way to avoid some repetition, I guess.

I'm not sure if explosives works, or not. One mission awards a frag grenade, but I didn't do that one yet. You only have three dudes active, which I hope will change. You can't get on roofs, only take cover. Crouching matters, because if you run around, the enemies become alerted, and will start searching for you. If one of your dudes gets seen, the one that sees him will shout out to other units in the vicinity, so watch out for that.

There is currently no shop, which hopefully gets implemented at some point. I did not see any way to recruit new members after your initial squad selection. One of my dudes got killed, and I haven't been able to replace him.
I'm not sure how leveling works. The dude that has killed the most units never levels up, while my shotgun bro did.

The game does something terrible... It gives me hopes and dreams, but I am smarter than that. I will expect the worst, because Oh Baby Don't Hurt Me, Don't Hurt Me, No More. The foundation is there, but will it amount to greatness, or crushed dreams? We'll see.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Already reported the game to Finnish authorities under a suspicion of white nationalism, there are no black characters in the game nor developer had made such plans. I think authorities should have a closer look at the company lead dev.
Mitäs he siihen sanoivat?

Finnish police has no qualms with no blacks in game :(

rsm690n.jpg
Jesus Christ, you fooled me. I thought you legit emailed the police and was about to wish slow painful gender transition on you.
:shredder:

this game took like a decade to release a combat Demo. I really really want to believe, but it seems honestly totally beyond belief a fully realized and enjoyable game will ever be released unless the company involved dedicates a lot more people and resources and I sort of doubt that is happening.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
this game took like a decade to release a combat Demo. I really really want to believe, but it seems honestly totally beyond belief a fully realized and enjoyable game will ever be released unless the company involved dedicates a lot more people and resources and I sort of doubt that is happening.

If they dont want to finish the game, it would be better to release the game as open source and let community finish it, than leave it as abandonware.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/580640/view/3631620553382972202
Early Access 0.0.5: 8th Dec 2022
Bug fixes:
  • Action points are now full after each mission
  • Fixed shadows
  • Fixed dead enemies showing area warnings on moving players
  • Fixed game getting stuck in enemy turn
  • Fixed enemy movement showing footstep effects when hidden from player

Other:
  • Assignable keyboard controls in settings
  • Minor tunes to animations
  • UI scales now more reasonably with wider screens
  • Unit look direction can now be changed with right mouse button alone

Serus

Arcane
Patron

If they dont want to finish the game, it would be better to release the game as open source and let community finish it, than leave it as abandonware.
Devs very rarely do that. Probably for many reasons but one is thinking: "I stop developing it for now but maybe i''ll return later". It almost never happens and the code is forgotten. Other reasons are legal issues, not owning completely every asset or code, etc... Also simple laziness. In short: it won't happen.

geno

Savant
December update 0.0.6
Merry christmas and happy new year! Special thanks to everyone leaving us feedback, this has helped us a lot to understand where we are from players point of view.

This update allows player to advance further in the campaign but the content is still mainly place holders or repeating previous maps and models. We will now take a small break in the next few weeks and continue towards our next update in January 2023.

Content:
  • Added a second region for more missions which repeats existing maps for now
  • Initial tier 2 items
  • Hiring now costs actual money, you can hire more operatives, more details in hiring screen and you can now unlock one more operative slot from one of the missions
  • Work in progress implementation of bandages & medical
  • You can now wait in strategic map to restore health
  • Squad now moves along roads in strategic map
  • Completing missions now gives a money reward

Bug fixes:
  • Movement UI lines no longer draw on top of units
  • Fixed a crash when enemy turn was changing to player turn

Other:
  • Early Access ending now comes much later giving players more chance to play around
  • Added settings for shadows and ambient occlusion (can help with performance if you have low fps)
  • Added unit stance keyboard shortcuts
  • Ammo status is now shown for weapons in inventory
  • Improved strategic map terrain rendering

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Update notes 0.1.0
The main feature in this update is the addition of first 4 procedural level types. These generators are indented to give the player more variation in the campaign. They are still work in progress and we intend to expand them further as well as add completely new level types.

The generators are:

• Safehouse
  • Roadblock
  • Outpost
  • COM station
The terrain type in all of these is "coniferous forest" and the intention is to add new terrain types for each region.

zzlQoSz.gif

nGiAHGZ.gif

Change log

New features:

• Procedural levels for safehouse, roadblock, outpost and com station missions.
  • Improvements to AI (aggressive or defensive behaviour)
  • Aiming now allows to use AP for more accurate shooting

Bug fixes / minor changes:

• Opportunity fire angle changed to 45 degrees (previously 90)
  • Interruption system improvements
  • Fixed strafe activating when not intended in some cases
  • Mouse hover now shows object information
  • Enemy line of sight line now shows line to mouse hover tile
  • Fixed characters rotating 180 degrees when peeking
  • Fixed camera getting sometimes stuck on event after shooting
  • Camera shows events faster
  • Top-down camera zoom improvements
  • Fog of war on level edges improved
  • Lowered bullets visual speed
  • Reload warning when clicking an enemy and player is out of ammo

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Fucking hell... 8 years into development and approaching 0.1.0 version.

Will I witness the battle of Vatanen, Kankkunen, Makinen and Markku Allen grandsons in the battle of the best racer in 2030's before this comes out of 0.X versions?

(yes, I know it was on hiatus, but Jesus, it looks like it is being reworked and heading for the next 5-6 years early access)

Victor1234

Educated
It was mentioned on the previous page, but the early access was forced by the investor/publisher and new devs were brought in to 'help' the original dev, who is not happy or caring very much beyond meeting his contractual obligations (he probably sees a scenario in the future where he'll get forced out of his own game if he doesn't do X fast/good enough). This might also explain why the updates seem so slim. They have to do 12 this year or else!

Supposed to be from the game's discord:
I am not feeling so great about the current state of the game or releasing it now. BUT we have an agreement that we must begin a new chapter in the development and the only way to get through this is to just release it. Then we can continue with updates.
It is an "early" access so it is what it is. It is not like we need the release to be a huge success to continue development. The agreement is that it needs to be released and then at least monthly updates for a year. This is more about getting over the publish threshold as I have been making and remaking this game alone for years and not getting any saner.

Latelistener

Arcane
For all we know, if not for this publisher he would've polished the turd until dying of natural causes never releasing anything.

Ffs, he's getting paid for the game he wanted to make and he's still unhappy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Unfortunately, one of the rarest and most valuable skills in indiedev is good project management.

But, what I've seen here shows a lot of promise. I hope the dev pulls through and delivers.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
If not I hope that the investor axes him and hires someone to finish the job to some degree at least. That might be for the best for everyone involved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom