Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 was always incline

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Meh. Fallout 2 is an incredibly unfinished, half-baked game if we're talking vanilla. Unfinished or cut content all around (like Sulik's quest for example). With content restoration mods, it's great, but as vanilla, it really isn't on par with Fallout 1, by the pure virtue of Fallout 1 being in a finished state.

FO1? Finished? The game where entire endings for towns are unavailable due to bugs and unimplemented content? Yeah I'd have a hard time picking which one was less complete.

thesecret1

Arcane
FO1? Finished? The game where entire endings for towns are unavailable due to bugs and unimplemented content? Yeah I'd have a hard time picking which one was less complete.
It's been a while since I played FO1, but I don't recall it smacking me over the head with unfinished plot hooks in the first town I visit.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It's been a while since I played FO1, but I don't recall it smacking me over the head with unfinished plot hooks in the first town I visit.
The cannibal Doctor quest.

Ryan muller

Educated
Its even funnier once you remember the sole reason why theres no good ending for the followers in fo1 is due to the fact the questline about spying on the followers isnt actually complete, due to the game being released in an unfinished state

thesecret1

Arcane
I guess I don't remember FO1 that well then. Oh well. Guess both games should only be played with content restoration mods.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Bethesda with their NuFallout can't write a villain like this. Also Tony Jay's voice is just.... GLORIOUS.

laclongquan

Arcane
Bashing the Fallout1 fanbois is an useless endeavour at the moment.

We can beat them black and blue over their heads with plot analysis, writing analysis, quest analysis, gameplay etc... ANYTHING we can think of and near at hand. Any issue. Voice acting? 1st citizen Lynnette can drive any gamer to high blood pressure just from the tiny screentime she has. Nice male VA? Marcus, Hakunin the list goes on... Lieutenant is nothing compare to the glorious screaming of Sgt Arch Dornan.

But what can you do when they can bring out nothing good to the table yet KEEP saying Fallout 1 is better? Noone blinder than ones refuse to see and noone deafer than ones refuse to hear~

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Its even funnier once you remember the sole reason why theres no good ending for the followers in fo1 is due to the fact the questline about spying on the followers isnt actually complete, due to the game being released in an unfinished state
Yeah and on top of that you can't get the good Hub ending w/o mods either. So that's two major settlements with bugged/incomplete endings.

ResetRPG

Novice
this is a very brave and courageous post.

a super insightful thought that no one has ever had before. amazing job OP

Ryan muller

Educated
Bashing the Fallout1 fanbois is an useless endeavour at the moment.

We can beat them black and blue over their heads with plot analysis, writing analysis, quest analysis, gameplay etc... ANYTHING we can think of and near at hand. Any issue. Voice acting? 1st citizen Lynnette can drive any gamer to high blood pressure just from the tiny screentime she has. Nice male VA? Marcus, Hakunin the list goes on... Lieutenant is nothing compare to the glorious screaming of Sgt Arch Dornan.

But what can you do when they can bring out nothing good to the table yet KEEP saying Fallout 1 is better? Noone blinder than ones refuse to see and noone deafer than ones refuse to hear~,
Based. Ignorance is not something you can fight against

Even the people who claim fallout 1 is better admit they played it far less.

No. Fallout 2 was much better, then you played it so much (because it was so good) and you eventually got sick of it. You remember much less of fallout 1 because you played it less, therefore, it wasn't as good. But you don't remember every bad thing about it.

Also, there's far more internet talk about fallout 2 than fallout 1, so every little nitpick is well documented.

Still, that starting dungeon sucked in FO2. So bad.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

No. Fallout 2 was much better, then you played it so much (because it was so good) and you eventually got sick of it. You remember much less of fallout 1 because you played it less, therefore, it wasn't as good. But you don't remember every bad thing about it.

Also, there's far more internet talk about fallout 2 than fallout 1, so every little nitpick is well documented.

What the fuck? 1 is way comfier to replay. It's the only one I'll fire up. What a strange argument, putting words into FO1 fans's mouths.

Anyway, it's time to accept your Lord and Savior, Arcanum. The fact that cretin can't see the glory of it means we can safely discard his stupid thread.

What the fuck? 1 is way comfier to replay. It's the only one I'll fire up. What a strange argument, putting words into FO1 fans's mouths.

Anyway, it's time to accept your Lord and Savior, Arcanum. The fact that cretin can't see the glory of it means we can safely discard his stupid thread.
Arcanum is a meme, even the people who love it still hate to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom