Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Drakortha

Liturgist
I'd love to see the original tweet which Pete is making a reply. I'd be willing to bet, like I said, that is has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with how they can't maintain a consistent setting.
It was something to do with the origins of Super Mutants on the east coast. That's all I can remember about it. Don't quote me on it.

edit

Or maybe it was something to do with the fridge quest. Shit

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to see the original tweet which Pete is making a reply. I'd be willing to bet, like I said, that is has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with how they can't maintain a consistent setting.
It was something to do with the origins of Super Mutants on the east coast. That's all I can remember about it. Don't quote me on it.

edit

Or maybe it was something to do with the fridge quest. Shit
Pretty sure it was Kid in a Fridge.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Pretty sure it was Kid in a Fridge.
The kid in the fridge wasn't even as bad as people made it out to be. I always just saw it as a stupid easter egg akin to some of the easter eggs in Fallout 1, as opposed to something to rag on about being inconsistent with Ghoul biology or realism or whatever. I can easily think of 10 things from the top of my head that do a worse disservice to Fallout.

But then again it's Bethesda we're talking about here. And judging by Hines comment; the kid in the fridge was probably intended to be canon. He could have easily brushed it off by saying it was just a silly easter egg not to be taken seriously. But he didn't. Instead he defended it at the expense of the rest of the Fallout setting.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The kid in the fridge wasn't even as bad as people made it out to be. I always just saw it as a stupid easter egg akin to some of the easter eggs in Fallout 1, as opposed to something to rag on about being inconsistent with Ghoul biology or realism or whatever. I can easily think of 10 things from the top of my head that do a worse disservice to Fallout.
The problem with the "Easter Egg" theory is that there's a quest associated with it.

But I was right. That has nothing to do with realism and is 100% about consistency within the setting. What happens to Bakersfield in Fallout if you take Set's waterchip and don't fix the water pump? All the ghouls there die of thirst. Furthermore, the Ghost Farm in Fallout 2 is all about ghouls that live underground because they can't stand the sunlight trying to keep people away from their farm during the day. They need that farm to feed themselves.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Don't check on Fallout 4 thread for a time. Starting up another playthrough. Decide to visit the thread. What do I find? A bunch of people covered in cum from all the mutual jerking off they are doing. Go play BG3 you bunch of bear fucking, negro loving sadists.

fallout-4-vault-boy-annoyed.900x.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The problem with the "Easter Egg" theory is that there's a quest associated with it.

But I was right. That has nothing to do with realism and is 100% about consistency within the setting. What happens to Bakersfield in Fallout if you take Set's waterchip and don't fix the water pump? All the ghouls there die of thirst. Furthermore, the Ghost Farm in Fallout 2 is all about ghouls that live underground because they can't stand the sunlight trying to keep people away from their farm during the day. They need that farm to feed themselves.
Pretty sure that people at Ghost Farm werent ghouls.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
They were called Slags, but they were sealed off underground and slowly mutated from radiation over time because the seal wasn't very good. Kind of like how the vault door in Bakersfield didn't seal well. Are they typical ghouls? Maybe? Are they a stage somewhere between human and ghoul? This could be as well.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They were called Slags, but they were sealed off underground and slowly mutated from radiation over time because the seal wasn't very good. Kind of like how the vault door in Bakersfield didn't seal well. Are they typical ghouls? Maybe? Are they a stage somewhere between human and ghoul? This could be as well.
And maybe they are just humans that are sensitive to sunlight, not half ghouls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom