Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

Jigby

Augur
San Andreas' design was bad. A hodgepodge of a game. 6 different gameplays thrown in a mixer. It kind of reminded me of those shovelware Russian games like Boiling Point or Precursors. But Boiling Point at least tried for some basic verisimilitude. SA did have lots of content though.

Yay! Here come the Sims segment. The Sims is popular right guys? This is great. And it follows up with a Splinter Cell mission, wohooo! And a little bit of turf war to capture a territory and gain Respect!. And let's introduce skills - I heard RPGs are popular now.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
I posted it before and I'll post here again, this site contains modpacks for GTA3, VC, SA, 4, Bully, Manhunt, the Warriors and packs of Chinatown wars, VCS, and LCS with emulator included. Might be worth downloading everything and saving somewhere before Take-Two comes after them, as well.
https://www.definitive-edition-project.com/files

It might also be a good idea to download copies of these games as well, because you can bet your ass all of them will disappear from Steam when their respective remasters come out.

Do these packs bring back music that was removed?
Yes, at least the one for GTA 4 does. Were songs removed from any other entries? Even if they were, these packs probably include them because they are just compilations of essential mods, packaged together for easier installation.

EDIT: You can look at the sources for each pack to see what mods it includes, there are links as well.
EDIT2: I've just checked the Vice City pack, there are new radio files for V-Rock and Flash FM, so that confirms it.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
1451988440126785161.jpg

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This shit looks weird. The OG games weren't supposed to look cartoony, so this attempt of modernizing material surfaces, lighting, effects just make the un-updated elements pop out more. I have watched this trailer 4 times, VC and SA look increasingly more disgusting through each watch because their visual is seemingly having an internal clash.

GTA3 was never particularly impressive. People act like 3D open world hadn't been done before GTA3. It hadn't...for them.
It was OK. Wasn't until Vice City and San Andreas that it started to stand out as potential classics. Then they threw it all away. Reminds me of Bethesda with Morrowind and all the potential there, only to turn into Oblivion and Skyrim. Widespread tragic decline in this shit industry.
GTA3 was a technological breakthrough and people were amazed by it. What are you comparing it to, crazy taxi and driver?
GTA San Andreas had the best gameplay of the PS2 ones, while Vice City had the best setting. I agree it declined after that.

This shit looks weird. The OG games weren't supposed to look cartoony, so this attempt of modernizing material surfaces, lighting, effects just make the un-updated elements pop out more. I have watched this trailer 4 times, VC and SA look increasingly more disgusting through each watch because their visual is seemingly having an internal clash.

The original GTA games were all meant to look cartoony. They weren't like Jet Set Raido cartoony, but the character models were always stylized looking as opposed to going for realism. Even when they toned it down in the official art after GTA3, they were still pretty fucking cartoony looking.

GTA doesn't drop the character models looking cartoony until GTA5. Like even the GTA4 character models have these exaggerated facial features along the same lines as like Def Jam Fight for NY. From the original GTA up to 4 the series was always pretty cartoony.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Those are some Double Fine visuals in this bitch.

Not fine at all.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I hoped when they released GTA 5 it would have sold 0 copies because everyone was bored by GTA 4. But the world apparently likes eating shit.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just pirate it, show screenshots to Rockstar twitter account and don't even play it.

They have no shame and are worse than EA at this point.

Zeem

Learned

The original GTA games were all meant to look cartoony. They weren't like Jet Set Raido cartoony, but the character models were always stylized looking as opposed to going for realism. Even when they toned it down in the official art after GTA3, they were still pretty fucking cartoony looking.

GTA doesn't drop the character models looking cartoony until GTA5. Like even the GTA4 character models have these exaggerated facial features along the same lines as like Def Jam Fight for NY. From the original GTA up to 4 the series was always pretty cartoony.
The character models were slightly exaggerated to compensate for the low polycount, and as polycount increased they were less and less exaggerated. It's just that sticking to accurate proportions at low poly means the picture looks less realistic than emphasizing the bits where detail is needed (head, hands, feet).

Beggar

Cipher
You can kidnap me , take me to the cab and drop me in Vice City. I know the whole city, I know every corner there. And if I'm hungry I know where to find Lance Vance Dance

ferratilis

Magister
Same. VC map is one of the few video game maps I know by heart (others being RE1 and Dark Souls 1). Don't know if that is good design or just all the time I wasted on the game as a kid. It still looks good, but some of these mods add minor conveniences, like rotatable camera while in and out of car, some more hotkeys etc. They are welcome and not intrusive. If only going above 30fps didn't break physics, that would be amazing. Everything else is good.

I get into a car, "2 Minutes to Midnight" starts playing, so obviously I can't get out of the car until the song is over. What an amazing soundtrack, across all genres.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom