Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Viata

Arcane
The way Cleve leaves hint in the game to pass puzzles is really well done. Loving every second, not even going to sleep today. It's been a long time since I spent the whole night playing.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
the version I have crashes quite a bit on levelups and clicking on the portraits for my chars

The portrait issue has been fixed. I think Cleve said he's sending out backer keys today.

the game's only advertising comes from the codex. going for steam and steam's audience was a mistake.

What? It's firmly in positive reviews territory, people just want to get it up to overwhelmingly positive.

old saves with new versions won't fly straight.

Fake News. Superdemo saves won't work in release version, but all release saves work in updated release version.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I want to congratulate the hero whose nickname is HRose on broken forum.

I've read some parts of their thread (http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/cleves-back-in-the-public-eye.9354/page-12) and it's impressive how imbecile people are. They are think that, knowing that Cleve is racist/transphobic etc, buying his game (which, so far, it doesn't seem to be a political statement about his views) will be an automatic statement that you're aligned with his views.

The internet went really too far.

These people think 1984 is a representation of Utopia and they are working towards getting there, spurred on by deep state propaganda aimed at creating division and abolishing free speech. They actually want a thought police and probably death camps for those with differing ideas. They are against free speech and will do their best to destroy your person or business if you are not a member of their cult. It has happened and will happen in the future (YTers banned from Patreon, scientist who dont believe in man made climate change etc).

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
New Age of Incline

xVc0Yov.png

eDwVnsJ.png

ZTxvHDo.png

hFBKkt4.png

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
the version I have crashes quite a bit on levelups and clicking on the portraits for my chars

The portrait issue has been fixed. I think Cleve said he's sending out backer keys today.

the game's only advertising comes from the codex. going for steam and steam's audience was a mistake.

What? It's firmly in positive reviews territory, people just want to get it up to overwhelmingly positive.

old saves with new versions won't fly straight.

Fake News. Superdemo saves won't work in release version, but all release saves work in updated release version.

Cleve told me i would get my backer key yesterday. It would have been nice if the original backers got their keys first thing after the release-the-incline-button was pressed. For me personally it is not that big of a deal in a practical sense since i simply bought another key on steam because i was already planning the raffle (which may not have any contestants since DashiDmv seems to be handing out keys left and right, haha :salute:). But for backers with tight funds or strong principles it is anoter matter. It is not handled optimally tbh.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
A lot of that is fair criticism. But of course the codex is a safespace where certain games are not allowed to be criticized.

You sound like a faggot who should go back to Tides of Numenara or PoE.

Both of those games are shit, like Gimoire. Also you admitted to not even having played Grimoire so you're just cocksucking based on the cult of personality around the game. Sorry I violated your safe space, pal. I hope you don't get PTSD.

mondblut

Arcane
Please, ease my mind! After leveling up, I chose two (the amount the game asked me to choose) new spells for my cleric, and now she has 1 spell pick from the character screen. Is this a bug? Should I be worried about legitimacy of that spell pick?!

Can you remember which spells they are? IT's a horrible bug if you cannot then find them in your spell book.

She probably means that spell picks are effectively awarded twice per levelup. That's an old issue. You get your 1-3 spells at levelup, learn them, then open character sheet and the button to pick spells is active with the same number of picks available once more.

bataille yes, they are not "legitimate" if that worries you.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
I have one problem with this game. Crashes. It's happening all the time. Multiple saves and eventually they become corrupt somehow, I'll load the save and tske one step and then... CRASH.

I'm not seeing much in this thread about the crashes. Are they really not happening to other people or are some of you just ignoring this glaring problem?

Sounds like Stranger of Sword City, you sure you play Grimoire :)

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Please, ease my mind! After leveling up, I chose two (the amount the game asked me to choose) new spells for my cleric, and now she has 1 spell pick from the character screen. Is this a bug? Should I be worried about legitimacy of that spell pick?!

Can you remember which spells they are? IT's a horrible bug if you cannot then find them in your spell book.

He probably means that spell picks are effectively awarded twice. That's an old issue. You get your 1-3 spells at levelup, learn them, then open character sheet and the button to pick spells is active with the same number of picks available once more.
Mondblut- One thing I'm still confused about is this- Do you know if DEV is the determining factor for MP gain even with an Arcane caster- I only gave extra DEV to my divine casters (like cleric) and I'm thinking about a restart but would really like to know this so I can better make my party.

Thanks man- Your knowledge has been a major help.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
She probably means that spell picks are effectively awarded twice per levelup. That's an old issue. You get your 1-3 spells at levelup, learn them, then open character sheet and the button to pick spells is active with the same number of picks available once more.

bataille yes, they are not "legitimate" if that worries you.
Ah, I had wondered why new spells were awarded a second time, after my spellcasters levelled-up and I chose new spells for them.

Perhaps the thread should be re-titled to Grimoire: More Than Six Micro-Issues Remaining :M

biggestboss

Liturgist
Hello Mondblut,

I asked Smithers about his father but it didn't have anything to do with "Seal" or "Crest", but I think I can proceed regardless just from exploring the Catacombs. I do have a question about Crowl concerning
Clara. Do you know the next step after finding the door in the Baths that someone has been dragged through? I can't seem to find a way to interact with the door, and no NPCs seem to respond to any relevant queries such as "Clara", "Sister", and "Broach".

Jinn

Arcane
Having a really great time with Grimoire, guys! I don't want to stop playing. However, I am starting to get worried that my party is going to become overpowered too quickly.

To Cleve: do you plan to slow some of the skill gains down a bit? I know you said you were going to address the Bard music issue, but are there any other quick skill gains we should be looking out for? I don't want to get 20 hours in only to find I've broken the game.

Does anyone else have any input on this matter?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
A lot of that is fair criticism. But of course the codex is a safespace where certain games are not allowed to be criticized.

You sound like a faggot who should go back to Tides of Numenara or PoE.

Both of those games are shit, like Gimoire. Also you admitted to not even having played Grimoire so you're just cocksucking based on the cult of personality around the game. Sorry I violated your safe space, pal. I hope you don't get PTSD.

Even the slightest of inclinations to observe Grimoire and how it plays and works through the many videos on Cleve's youtube prove without a doubt that it is the incline of the century. I'm sorry for your taste.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
To Cleve: do you plan to slow some of the skill gains down a bit? I know you said you were going to address the Bard music issue, but are there any other quick skill gains we should be looking out for? I don't want to get 20 hours in only to find I've broken the game.

Some skills are increased by use, others aren't. The ones that aren't you'll need a very long time to max out. Even more importantly, attributes don't increase fast at all. That will limit overpowering in any case, even with some maxed out skills.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Scaling doesn't work well. My laptop has a resulution 3000x2000 and scaling, of course, set to 200%. When Grimoire is in confuguration I can see only the upper left quarter of what the game is wanting me to show so I can't even click ' Exit'.

Alkarl

Learned
I spent an hour grinding the swimming skill. I hope its useful at some point. My party can now swim three whole step-lengths before drowning.

jfunk

Augur
Has anybody else seen the semi-permanent berserker bonus?

When I enable berserk in combat, it appears to behave properly during that combat. However as long as I do not touch his attack orders, it appears my berserker continues to receive the bonus damage (and the skill levels up) in subsequent combats indefinitely. It only stops if I change his attack orders.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
All this bitching about the backer keys... just buy the damn game and be done with it. You telling me you backed this game on Indiegogo but can't muster 35 bucks to buy it?
I already paid the value of three damn copies of the game through Indiegogo. What kind of retard would I have to be to buy it a fourth time? Verily, man is not a learning animal.

mercyRPG

Cipher
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Hey boss, is there a way to split a stack of items in 2. Like if I have 10 throwing daggers can I make 2 stacks of 5 ?

Is there a way to split a dagger 100 item stack to 50-50? Daggers at that number acquire a considerably weight, overburdening the characters. While splitting them and placing the rest to party inventory could ease the burden on a thief.

Antigoon

Augur
Cleve, you certainly got some special fans there. Some dude just added me on steam asking wtf I am playing the worst game ever created :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom