Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
If it was like Silent Storm you could have one spotter and 5 snipers hanging in the corner clear the whole map by shooting through the walls.

Also, Blobert?

eVqa1oH.jpg

89c.gif

Edit: Ahahaha holy shit
Letting them duke it out causes both sides to team up on you

SpgELcC.png

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
I only had time to play a bit last night and it seems alright so far. People kept saying Nu-xcom and it was shit in this thread so I was skeptical but it feels different. Combat already feels better than Nu-Xcom and this game kind of feels like Silent Storm (someone already said that here) but that is kind of a pleasant surprise. I haven't played JA2 in like 20 years but considering how games are now this is kind of good?

I can't say i'm having a blast like others in this thread. But it's not shit for a game made today, at least not a franchise rape like other games after JA2. Hopefully will be better with mods.

Ryzer

Arcane
I only had time to play a bit last night and it seems alright so far. People kept saying Nu-xcom and it was shit in this thread so I was skeptical but it feels different. Combat already feels better than Nu-Xcom and this game kind of feels like Silent Storm (someone already said that here) but that is kind of a pleasant surprise. I haven't played JA2 in like 20 years but considering how games are now this is kind of good?

I can't say i'm having a blast like others in this thread. But it's not shit for a game made today, at least not a franchise rape like other games after JA2. Hopefully will be better with mods.
The portraits got raped though, it's completely out of place compared to what the first two games offered.

Fargus

Arcane

The portraits got raped though, it's completely out of place.

That's something that could be fixed with photoshop, portraits are not even animated.

But yeah, i agree. They are like daz3d freaks, i mean look at what they did to Thor Kaufman. Jesus Christ...

Thor.jpg

thor.jpg

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Save me, palm tree! The other option was the naked dude statues but they didn't seem, err, girthy enough.

txegNHv.jpg

Update: didn't make it. Interesting that after he was downed, the AI made another shotgun shot to his face to finish him off. Everyone else got away though. Can I make another IMP freebie?

Last edited:

gogis

Scholar
Save me, palm tree! The other option was the naked dude statues but they didn't seem, err, girthy enough.

txegNHv.jpg

Update: didn't make it. Interesting that after he was downed, the AI made another shotgun shot to his face to finish him off. Everyone else got away though. Can I make another IMP freebie?
Don't tell me you play ironman and chose "don't involve me" option. This battle is nightmare

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
play ironman
I'm not insane. Just thought I'd try it though. Reloaded and sided with Luigi because why not.

Also, Barry MVP right here. Starting to think I could have taken them all from the roof.

Xih8yFH.png

Ten hostiles down in one turn. 5 of them Barry's. One nice headshot on the machinegunner by Omryn, grenade + AK followup by Grizzly, couple bursts from the Steyr with Alpha, and finally two one-shot shotgun blasts to the dick from Livewire. She's terrible and I've been planning to ditch her but she wins with her kill quote, very matter-of-fact "I THINK I JUST KILLED THAT PERSON."

(Luigi was immediately killed on the next turn. Oh well.)

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fence sitters get shotgunned in the world of Jagged Alliance. Hard but true fact :cool:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yea stealth sniper is safer because you are not receiving autofire when you have 0 AP in the first round.
As someone already noted, Fox starts with a unique talent such that she maintains her AP if combat begins due to her attack.

Yeah in the prison, I killed all the guards outside the building with Fox sneaking behind them and cutting their throats with a knife. Not bad for a medic/exmodel.

Clearing the building itself was a pain in the ass though, I literally used up all my grenades just on Jackhammer because that fucker was determined to stay in his office.
Jackhammer is simple to kill through the window with just a few shots.

Also, Barry MVP right here. Starting to think I could have taken them all from the roof.

(Luigi was immediately killed on the next turn. Oh well.)
I initiated combat with five of my team on the roof, while Steroid ran for cover behind a tree. Luigi was killed quickly on the enemy's first turn, though; I don't know how it would be possible to save him, except perhaps through profligate use of explosives.

bobocrunch

Educated
Jackhammer was the easiest part of that entire place for me, dude stood in the doorway allowing me to get shots from outside and then ran away the next turn downstairs towards the underground, so I threw a molotov in and killed him after waiting 2 turns for it to burn. Vengeance for Grizzly
Z0UWhjq.png

Fargus

Arcane
A little tip for Port Cacao.

Don't be like me, be careful. If you leave the K9 sector with killer grannies without training militia (or maybe solving granny quest) it will be counter attacked by Legion forces soon, they will capture Coffee Beans gang and put them in a building full of explosives and you will have 2 minutes to disarm the bombs. There were 17 legion niggers on that map and that was nasty.

Best way to handle this cituation is by attacking it from K10 mine sector. Much easier to get to the bombs and disarm them.

gogis

Scholar

Don't be like me, be careful. If you leave the K9 sector with killer grannies without training militia (or maybe solving granny quest) it will be counter attacked by Legion forces soon, they will capture Coffee Beans gang and put them in a building full of explosives and you will have 2 minutes to disarm the bombs. There were 17 legion niggers on that map and that was nasty.

Best way to handle this cituation is by attacking it from K10 mine sector. Much easier to get to the bombs and disarm them.

I got tip from grannies that attack is incoming, got quest to convince them to join a party, convinced all but one, trained some militia and fended the attack. Was glad one granny died in process, they were mightily annoying

Fargus

Arcane

I got tip from grannies that attack is incoming, got quest to convince them to join a party, convinced all but one, trained some militia and fended the attack. Was glad one granny died in process, they were mightily annoying

They are annoying. I only conviced half of them, didn't really want to do that quest at the time. Then i had to split half of my mercs to send reinforcements to Fleatown. And another half went to capture diamond shipment because i struggle with the money. Thats how i got in this mess.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane

Its interesting because I participated in the attack and got them all killed, you lose 5 loyalty in Cacao for each death but it was only at 5% for me and it doesn't go negative, so it could have been worse. Wonder if that's an easier way to prevent the loyalty hit.

Pocgels

Scholar
The ability to plan-coordinate multiple kills at once during the stealth like in shadow tactics would've been cool. Probably broken, since you might be able to wipe out entire groups without using ammo or raising the alarm, but much more satisfying than knifing one guy and gunning the rest with overwatch.

Oh, and it's great how 90s-action-movie the music is while you're sneaking. Must be the marimbas.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Silenced everything. I'm expecting silenced bazookas in a minute.

Also, the underslung grenade launcher on the assault rifle has absolutely ridiculous range. Literal crossmap sniping with grenades. Simply click on enemy clusters anywhere on the map and enjoy your victory.

Reject_666_6

Arcane

The portraits got raped though, it's completely out of place compared to what the first two games offered.
Msb0cci.png

Last edited:

Gumsmith

Educated
Yeah in the prison, I killed all the guards outside the building with Fox sneaking behind them and cutting their throats with a knife. Not bad for a medic/exmodel.

Clearing the building itself was a pain in the ass though, I literally used up all my grenades just on Jackhammer because that fucker was determined to stay in his office.
Jackhammer is simple to kill through the window with just a few shots.
Stabbing works too with a few perks, cuts through a lot of bullshit like armor and interrupts.

jVEFIa6.gif

Alter Sack

Magister
Played the game for several hours.

All in all it's one of the better JA2 clones/sequels.

It's nice that it has a strategic layer like JA2.

But there is a lot of room for improvements.

The AI is often borderline retarded.

The enemies often storm your position only to stop directly in front of your mercenaries without attacking and being swiftly dispatched with headshots in the next turn.

Sometimes they are stuck in the corner of a room and don't move at all.

Moreover the switch to real time after dispatching the enemies visible to you doesn't work correctly and you are often stuck in turn based mode with only one enemy on the map remaining.

Upgrading your weapons is a bit cumbersome. You need scrap metal, a special component and a mercenary with a high mechanical skill.

Also a shop interface would have been nice.

And no Bobby Rays?

The banter and voice acting of your mercenaries is surprisingly well made, albeit it doesn't reach JA2 level of goodness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom