Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Comte_II

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In any event, Haemimont taking a clear stand against babyproofing is very encouraging.

Now all I need to hear is that skills increase through use, not some weakass RPG "Ding! You levelled up, now here are some 'points' to spend on whatever you want."

agris

Arcane
Patron
It would be nice if the character selected could give the player some feedback about the character’s perceived chance to hit.

A bad shot (low marksmanship skill) may consistently have medium confidence and miss snap shots, while a true marksman’s shot consistently matches the character’s estimation.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would be nice if the character selected could give the player some feedback about the character’s perceived chance to hit.
My assumption is that there will still be stats. In any of the original JA games, Marksmanship 37 right there on the sheet says a lot. Seeing an enemy crouching behind a wall also says a lot. I don't need (or really want) more than that here.

vota DC

Augur

A bad shot (low marksmanship skill) may consistently have medium confidence and miss snap shots, while a true marksman’s shot consistently matches the character’s estimation.
Shouldn't be tied more on trait or intellect skills? In Ja1 psycho mercenaries refused to move when starting to shoot because overconfident and aggressive, It was removed in 2 because too powerful as debuff (they also removed mercs quitting because they don't kill enough) but they could add a random chance to losing a couple of AP protesting.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mercs have exactly the same stats as in JA2? Weird. This is set after the events of that game, right? Also really really hope that idiotic little cutscene when you're discovered by enemies is only that, a cutscene, rather than a fully-fledged pod system.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Mercs have exactly the same stats as in JA2? Weird. This is set after the events of that game, right? Also really really hope that idiotic little cutscene when you're discovered by enemies is only that, a cutscene, rather than a fully-fledged pod system.
About the stats (and other things very similar to JA2) I see it as a sign that they really want to be faithful. I hope they do not end up doing stupid things because of that, like yeah it makes no sense to have the exact same stats.
Hm, can you timestamp what you call the "idiotic little cutscene"?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
About the stats (and other things very similar to JA2) I see it as a sign that they really want to be faithful. I hope they do not end up doing stupid things because of that, like yeah it makes no sense to have the exact same stats.
You see it around the 7:00 mark, but it appears several times before that. A merc is discovered and one of the dudes fires his pistol into the air, which is reminiscent of the nuXCOM thing where the enemies get a free turn to get into cover. It's hard to tell whether that's what's happening here as well, or if it just rolls for initiative. It looks silly in any case.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't it just a call for troopers to come to him? Like when dudes call for reinforcements in JA2 by radio?

PanteraNera

Arcane
A merc is discovered and one of the dudes fires his pistol into the air, which is reminiscent of the nuXCOM thing where the enemies get a free turn to get into cover.
I see what you mean.
To little information to tell what it is, I agree that it does look silly, and I hope this animations/zoom-in are skip-able!

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Isn't it just a call for troopers to come to him? Like when dudes call for reinforcements in JA2 by radio?
It interrupts the player's turn. It could be a proper interrupt like in the old games, which that particular enemy chooses to spend summoning reinforcements, but that's not what it looks like.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I suspect they're doing the same stats because they don't want to rock the boat too much. With the time that has passed since the last one all the old mercs, the ones still alive and working, would be the old grizzled veterans, and they'd have to add in a bunch of new, hip, modern characters. Nobody wants a JA game full of new, hip, modern characters. Nobody.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
That's one of the biggest problems here. The gameplay stuff looks fairly promising, but do I trust these guys to write a single line of original material? Fuck no. So we'll have all the original mercs frozen in amber, and the best we can hope for is recycled jokes. Haha, Fidel is crazy, man.

This post goes out to Carpincho Pampeano

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
It interrupts the player's turn. It could be a proper interrupt like in the old games, which that particular enemy chooses to spend summoning reinforcements, but that's not what it looks like.
Ugh yes, that's exactly what it looks like. A goddamn pod system again. I hope mods can disable it. Hype train derailed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Pod system? What happened with actual simulation of soldier's movement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom