Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even though Jagged Alliance 3 is not a full-fledged RPG, our goal was to create a persistent world that responds to your actions and is changed by your decisions, much more than in the typical tactical game.

Subforum choice confirmed.

(Also, "open RPG-inspired sandbox world" is an unusual turn of phrase)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
By popular demand:

GiMYwC6.png

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
All of Haemimont's recent releases are heavily DLC'ified, too. Makes me wonder what fell plans they have in store for this.
You're probably not going to see any of the RPCs from the last game. Especially Slay or the guy from the upper right, who isn't even a RPC in the base game. Also the lower right two are the player created characters.
That said, did I miss something that said Raider bought it? Kind of weird that his wife is in-game but not him.
A lot of greenflags around this game. What's the catch?
Paying $5 for classic characters that don't come with the base game, or pay $10 for some movie character like John Wick.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
You're probably not going to see any of the RPCs from the last game. Especially Slay or the guy from the upper right, who isn't even a RPC in the base game.
I'd hope not, but have you seen the kind of stuff they put out as DLC for Tropico or Surviving Mars? An Ultra Nostalgia-Pack is absolutely not out of the question.
Also the lower right two are the player created characters.
Stand-in for IMPs.
That said, did I miss something that said Raider bought it? Kind of weird that his wife is in-game but not him.
He's dead in Rage, but so was Igor, and he was front-and-center in the announcement trailer. YMMV, but choosing to ignore whatever continuity that game imposed would be one of their smarter decisions.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game is sounding better and better. But talk is cheap, who knows how all that will work in the end.

deuxhero

Arcane
ITT people talk about Omryn, but I think the other revealed new merc "Livewire" has more potential as a headscarf wearing, hair colored techie girl:
I totally missed that. For some reason I thought "Livewire" was an existing merc, and the girl shown in the first pic was a woman with the surname Bastien.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ITT people talk about Omryn, but I think the other revealed new merc "Livewire" has more potential as a headscarf wearing, hair colored techie girl:
I totally missed that. For some reason I thought "Livewire" was an existing merc, and the girl shown in the first pic was a woman with the surname Bastien.
I thought so too. We were probably thinking of Frankie "Haywire" Gordon.

vota DC

Augur
I Remember Buns, Grizzly and MD. Buns was very often killed and replaced in mods for some reasons. Maybe she was annoying.

People like Maddog or Reuban should be special: no pay but you have to grant them a killing quota. I just don't see then sitting doing nothing, even when paid. Reuban really left the team when too days without killing, Maddog sadly not.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Looks a bit shit. Graphics are nice, but I mean the gameplay. I want big open spaces and vast farmlands to hike over before I reach the enemy compound or whatever. So I can approach from any direction... And then maybe I go through the entrance guns blazing, or maybe I cut the barbed wire and go in the back or something.

This game looks like a bunch of little linear, tuned battles with tiny maps with hardly anywhere that you can go that isn't planned by the devs. You take the left fork and hide behind the rocks or you take the right fork and hide behind all the carefully placed trees. It just looks so artificial and gamey and shit.

Also you need the big open spaces to build tension and stuff too... Having to pray you can crawl your team over to a single tree or something was exciting. It always seemed like you were outnumbered and needed a bit of luck to win without losing anyone. This just looks like a series of boring little planned encounters in Unity. Gross.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'd hope not, but have you seen the kind of stuff they put out as DLC for Tropico or Surviving Mars? An Ultra Nostalgia-Pack is absolutely not out of the question.
The DLC for Tropico 6 doesn't seem too bad, but then my yardstick for too bad at this point is Paradox and EA, so that's just relative...
He's dead in Rage, but so was Igor, and he was front-and-center in the announcement trailer. YMMV, but choosing to ignore whatever continuity that game imposed would be one of their smarter decisions.
Ah, didn't know that, I just hear Igor died. I suspect like many people I was not one of the ones lining up to buy Rage.
Looks a bit shit. Graphics are nice, but I mean the gameplay. I want big open spaces and vast farmlands to hike over before I reach the enemy compound or whatever. So I can approach from any direction... And then maybe I go through the entrance guns blazing, or maybe I cut the barbed wire and go in the back or something.
You know, now that I think of it, this does remind me more of stuff like Commandos than JA. Not necessarily bad, but it is, as you point out, not what we expect.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How is it possible that the Codex hasn't tracked down all the voice actors for JA and matched them to their characters .. yet? Roguey I'm looking in your direction.

zapotec

Liturgist
HMMM i smell classes and feats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom