Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
the complete czech and japanese voice dubs are a nice surprise but i wish the game could allow you to choose which voice acting language packs you want to download because the czech and japanese voice acting files increase the game size to around 80 gigabytes

space isn't an issue, but bandwidth is

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
1 terabyte sata ssd/hdd's are dirt cheap and cost next to nothing but i imagine that's not the reality for people who live in countries that impose high tariffs on imported electronics
Income aside, some people don't play on high-end rigs or are mostly satisfied with less specs-demaning games (resulting in them not having high-end rigs), meaning they don't feel the need for having huge space, so when the time come and they realize they do need A LOT of space (relative to what they're used to) it comes as a huge shock.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF, 25GB for what? Is this gonna fuck up my mods?

I have to dejectly admit i had to give up on the game. Don't know what happened but the burn out was really bad. I will eventually finish it but for now i had to break from it. Sad, i think i'm just getting too old for this shit.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I burned out from the game myself actually right around dealing with the plague. Not bad for a walking simulator, but first/third person games just can't compete with an isometric RPG.

I have to dejectly admit i had to give up on the game. Don't know what happened but the burn out was really bad. I will eventually finish it but for now i had to break from it. Sad, i think i'm just getting too old for this shit.
If I tried to complete all the side stuff like no doubt you were going to, knowing your autistic completionism, I would've dropped it on my first run too. After two runs through campaign there are still a bunch of side missions I haven't completed, because I found some of them just plain boring. And there's just too much boring busywork in this game, like washing clothes. Might seem like a cool immersive detail at first but eventually ends up adding tedium. On one hand I want to appreciate the dedication to realism but some of it I could honestly do without.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah LS I think you got burned out on it because you kept getting sidetracked. For me, I stopped bothering with most of the sidequests about midway through the game. Some were fun, like the ones with Theresa ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but for the most part they weren't as good as the main quest. Which, I guess, is what's most important for me anyway.

V17

Educated
Until 1st April 2024, you can expect [...] and one unannounced game (spoiler: it's by the Kingdom Come: Deliverance devs).

Anybody has an idea about how legit the information from this account tends to be?
There's a dude in a local discussion board who approximately 4 years ago promised that he'll eat his shoe if KC2 comes out within 5 years, so I hope they rush it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is not gonna come this year, no chance. My most optimistic bet is Q1 next year, during the gaming drought, it helped them a lot last time.

Realistically tho there gonna be delays so probably Q4 2024. Any later would be too much faffing around, would suggest problems.

BruceVC

Magister
I have some exciting news, I have decided to play KC:D next. Are there any non-spoiler suggestions about the game that people can suggest and are there any " must have " mods I should install. I went onto Nexus and there doesnt seem be anything significant?

I dont know much about this game except its known as a realistic and entertaining medieval experience :cool:

Yosharian

Arcane
I have some exciting news, I have decided to play KC:D next. Are there any non-spoiler suggestions about the game that people can suggest and are there any " must have " mods I should install. I went onto Nexus and there doesnt seem be anything significant?

I dont know much about this game except its known as a realistic and entertaining medieval experience :cool:
I can give you my modlist that I built just recently to replay the game, I'm at work right now though

Modron

Arcane
I am sure you could scan 58 pages of mods on the nexus and maybe find 1 or 2 QoL improvements you might like but it's not really necessary since KCD is a perfectly fine game without mods. Really the only thing I might change is the frequency of master strikes by enemies.

General advice: you can't get all perks for skills/stats just almost all of them so pay attention and avoid 1 or 2 that don't seem worthwhile until you've gotten all the good ones. There are some gear pieces with the same name that have better versions with nearly the same icon so pay attention to chainmails, brigandines, and kettle hats in particular. Can get nearly fully covered in chainmail/brigandine/plate that protects almost as well as the best plate pieces in game with none of the view restriction and a fraction of the noise (zero if you wear padding leggings instead of chain).

BruceVC

Magister

I can give you my modlist that I built just recently to replay the game, I'm at work right now though
Please do the moment you can, I respect and value your modding knowledge from our ES discussions :cool:

BruceVC

Magister
I am sure you could scan 58 pages of mods on the nexus and maybe find 1 or 2 QoL improvements you might like but it's not really necessary since KCD is a perfectly fine game without mods. Really the only thing I might change is the frequency of master strikes by enemies.

General advice: you can't get all perks for skills/stats just almost all of them so pay attention and avoid 1 or 2 that don't seem worthwhile until you've gotten all the good ones. There are some gear pieces with the same name that have better versions with nearly the same icon so pay attention to chainmails, brigandines, and kettle hats in particular. Can get nearly fully covered in chainmail/brigandine/plate that protects almost as well as the best plate pieces in game with none of the view restriction and a fraction of the noise (zero if you wear padding leggings instead of chain).
Thanks, this is the type of advice I appreciate. I am not one of those gamers who likes to spend 20 hours playing a game to realize " I made a mistake with skill selection in the beginning or with advancement " so are there any skills that are a waste of time learning?

Modron

Arcane
Nah you can max all skills and stats, really the only way you can hobble yourself slightly is like I said picking a crappy perk and maybe forcing yourself later to have to choose between two useful ones. There is an alchemy potion you can brew to respec all perk selections in game IIRC.

Maybe get instant herb picking, could add up to some real time saved: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/367

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unless you really have a lot of time on your hands, install the "save anywhere" mod.

I'm talking from the perspective of someone who knows he is only ever going to do one 50-60 hour playthrough of this game, and wants to explore without a huge risk of loss of progress.

BUT, an important "but", once you install the mod, don't abuse it. If you are going to sneak through a house, make a savegame before entering the house, not behind every corner and after every takedown. If you're going to fight bandits, don't turn the game into torture by savescumming 10 times when you clearly see you can't handle them.

If you are short on time, you must be a grown up, so act like one. If you have a lot of time, then you are a brat, and you deserve the savior schnapps option.

Good luck.

BruceVC

Magister
Unless you really have a lot of time on your hands, install the "save anywhere" mod.

I'm talking from the perspective of someone who knows he is only ever going to do one 50-60 hour playthrough of this game, and wants to explore without a huge risk of loss of progress.

BUT, an important "but", once you install the mod, don't abuse it. If you are going to sneak through a house, make a savegame before entering the house, not behind every corner and after every takedown. If you're going to fight bandits, don't turn the game into torture by savescumming 10 times when you clearly see you can't handle them.

If you are short on time, you must be a grown up, so act like one. If you have a lot of time, then you are a brat, and you deserve the savior schnapps option.

Good luck.
I did see that mod because its in " most endorsed " list and thats good advice around how to not abuse it :cool:

Modron

Arcane
But you can save anywhere already just chug a schnapps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom