Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
He has a stubborn and very narrow conception of what a game ought to be and nothing anybody says has ever been able to convice him otherwise. The only thing you can do with him is take his approach at face value and judge it on its own term and leave the question about whether it is or isn't the ONLY way video games ought to be made aside. It's a waste of time he won't budge from that position. In a sense his unflinching belief in the superiority of his point of view is what makes him interesting, because whether one believes in his vision or not at least he has a vision and by God he'll go through with it or perish trying.

:obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:/:obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yeah, he is the closest thing to an auteur you can find in gaming.
iyiwuc.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He has always been a good scriptwriter. Some scenes of Mafia/Mafia 2 are just etched in my miind like the intro mission of Vito and Joey driving Vito home in the winter

DKunit

Literate
Women weren't treated as equals in the Middle Ages, but DON'T YOU DARE make a game that authentically portrays that!

LOL at RetardEra users thinking they in any way represent the general consensus.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Women weren't treated as equals in the Middle Ages

They were actually, as any noble woman was seen as superior to most men in her society. While authority was generally associated with men and not women in ancient societies, be it the middles ages or the Roman empire, class was still far more important than gender, and not by a small marging either.

What the woke dumbfucks want of course is not women being treated as equals, but women being treated as the SAME as men.

KCD wasn't devoid of positive female characters, it's just that they weren't shoved in masculine roles. You get that woman who is helping the sick in the monastery, empathy being a feminite trait, and you get brilliant plot twists like that noble older lady who helps out Henry at the beginning and whom eventually ended up using him to sire an heir her aging husband could no longer concieve. So she manipulated the whole situation to the advantage of her position, but she did so in a purely feminine way, which of course doesn't count i guess.

Modron

Arcane
Nothing to say about KCD 2 people know they are going to like it and are going to buy it. Only question is if they are going to wait for a complete package or buy it immediately.

Last edited:

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
"Gee guys, I can't wait to have a swell time in this video game!"
"For sure! It's gonna be a real treat! I'm getting flustered by all this anticipation!"
"My smile is so big right now, because i'm thinking about how good this game is!"
"Let's all smile together!"

Gay and boring. Hatred makes threads worth reading.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex is about a group of Neanderthal hunters gathered together around the fire, watching the dying pangs of some game (as in a hunted animal).

Neanderthals exchanging admiration about a deer's antlers would be gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom