Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nothing to say about KCD 2 people know they are going to like it and are going to buy it. Only question is if they are going to wait for a complete package or buy it immediately.
Pretty much, the worst thing that can happen issome techinical problems on launch.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That's not entirely true nor fair. There is very little discussion of promo material. Analyzing details of long gameplay videos, speculating about plot, theorizing about builds. Oh! Oh! Is that ox pulled carts in game itself, that's a small improvement in world simulation, what did you say horseback sword fighting! how will that look like etc. You know, the stuff Codexers do for hundreds of pages for games like Dragon's Dogma 2 or Wrath of Righteous. Both WOKE. What KingdomCome:Deliverance 2 lacks is RAGE FUEL. No niggers, no trannies, no flamboyant gays

People LOVE feeling angry. Kingdom Come makes you feel good. ANGER is hell of a drug and our world is drugged as hell right now. People don't seek solutions, alternatives or answers. They just wanna feel anger. What's next? People are in mood to set this woke world on fire. Kingdom Come is world that's awaiting them

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
TLDR: Vavra needs more controversy. I think, this will be most controversial game to come out in last 10 years. Game with mood, tone and fun gameplay from 20 years ago? In WOKE World Order? Game which will sell millions of copies while being SMUGLY BASED? You can bet game journalists will attack it from all sides. All it will do: make Kingdom Come sell more copies. It will be great video game and RPG

ArchAngel

Arcane
TLDR: Vavra needs more controversy. I think, this will be most controversial game to come out in last 10 years. Game with mood, tone and fun gameplay from 20 years ago? In WOKE World Order? Game which will sell millions of copies while being SMUGLY BASED? You can bet game journalists will attack it from all sides. All it will do: make Kingdom Come sell more copies. It will be great video game and RPG
If it will have same clunky combat and empty lands like last game it will not sell that well. It will sell well only to people that enjoy following the main quest and all the cinematic feel that it has. But that is just pure popamole like Mass Effect games.

notpl

Arbiter
The gameplay we've seen so far is totally unchanged from the first game except in the most superficial of ways, so I expect all the same merits and flaws as the first game: a very novel, grounded and historical setting in which you can immerse yourself, some charming writing, and really bad combat that eventually you get sick of and just sidestep entirely using blunt weapons or archery. It will sell well because it's a heavily marketed open-world RPG in which you can walk around picking up vendor trash and making numbers go up, which genuinely seems to be the gameplay loop reddit normies are looking for; it will have nothing to do with controversy or basedness or whatever other nonsense. If Henry sucked a tranny's dick halfway through the plot, the thirty people who post here would make outraged posts about it, and nothing else would come of it. The normies don't care about that stuff one way or the other: they want to loot crates and make number go up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
really bad combat that eventually you get sick of and just sidestep entirely using blunt weapons or archery
Combat in KCD1 is kindda bad but salvageable. And the combat designer openly talks about how they realized all the problems (mainly master strikes were retarded and rendered combos pointless and everything except maces was pointless too) and corrected them. That at least gives me hope.

ArchAngel

Arcane
really bad combat that eventually you get sick of and just sidestep entirely using blunt weapons or archery
Combat in KCD1 is kindda bad but salvageable. And the combat designer openly talks about how they realized all the problems (mainly master strikes were retarded and rendered combos pointless and everything except maces was pointless too) and corrected them. That at least gives me hope.
That sounds like the combat will be even more retarded as it seems they are to remove only things that most people used to play it for extra 5h before quitting (not me, I didn't use maces or masterstrikes, mostly because all later combat is vs groups and UI and camera is useless in those fights so you just move back and use dog and smash heads and hope you somehow survive).

Shaki

Arbiter
If it will have same clunky combat and empty lands like last game it will not sell that well. It will sell well only to people that enjoy following the main quest and all the cinematic feel that it has. But that is just pure popamole like Mass Effect games.
I actually liked the combat, with mod removing masterstrikes it's pretty fun and actually has some depth to it. Master Strike was the main problem, because it invalidated the whole combat system they crafted, it was literally just "I WIN" button, overriding everything. Without it, the system can actually shine.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess this game attracts Open world and dark souls (rolling simulator) peasants. I am more of cRPG, Diablo likes and RTS master race. Yes, all isometric camera games.

BruceVC

Magister
Nothing to say about KCD 2 people know they are going to like it and are going to buy it. Only question is if they are going to wait for a complete package or buy it immediately.
I agree with this but belief and excitement in KCD 2 is not unreasonable or irrational

Its based on the successful track record of the development studio and then gameplay videos

So it makes sense to believe you are going to like it if you enjoyed KCD 1

But I will wait 6-8 months before I play it, I want to give the modding community time to see what can be improved

BruceVC

Magister
That sounds like the combat will be even more retarded as it seems they are to remove only things that most people used to play it for extra 5h before quitting (not me, I didn't use maces or masterstrikes, mostly because all later combat is vs groups and UI and camera is useless in those fights so you just move back and use dog and smash heads and hope you somehow survive).
I thought the combat was one of the best things in KCD 1, I also enjoyed how you could train to understand combat mechanics

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wow, getting filtered by KCD's combat must have felt awful!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe you enjoy playing shit combat with shit UI.

I've spent my youth playing Counter Strike and all best RTS games, all those needs more skill than playing this game LOL

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

I've spent my youth playing Counter Strike and all best RTS games, all those needs more skill than playing this game LOL
you've spent your youth spamming the chat in those games with )))00)))0)00)))))000)00 and losing, don't flatter yourself

ArchAngel

Arcane

you've spent your youth spamming the chat in those games with )))00)))0)00)))))000)00 and losing, don't flatter yourself
I never claimed I was an elite player but since I spent countless hours playing those games and 30+ hours playing this game I can say that this game has bad UI and combat and does not compare with true skill games.
I would even put Starcraft 1 with its bad UI and pathfinding over this game's UI.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The combat system was created in effort to imitate real medieval combat, and i think within that restriction they did a fairly good job, though it is a bit strange they didn't realize the kind of problem masterstrikes was going to create.

"But, but, it's a game, why should it imitate real life".

Because it's a game made specifically to imitate real life you mongoloid. It's the entire fucking point and main attraction of the thing for a lot of us. It's like playing Arma 3 and ask why the gunplay is not the same as in Quake.

And because the combat system was designed to imitate real life combat, it's not going to look any different in the sequel. Any change or improvement would only be found under the surface and won't likely be noticable until you get to play the thing. It's likely for instance they have already reworked masterstrikes out of the gate and there will be other balance changes but visually it's not going to change for pretty damn obvious reasons.

Besides, some issues with the combat had nothing to do with the mechanics of the fights themselves. The perk system in KCD wasn't as well thought out as it could have been for instance. Some of the perks are unique and the novelty alone compared to your average RPG was pretty cool at least but we needed more and we needed them to be more impactful. This is also something that might be improving in the sequel that isn't immediatly obvious in gameplay previews.

Lastly, before anybody accuses me of copium, the reason i'm fairly confident the combat and other mechanics will be improved in the sequel is that they are clearly using the original as a base, so a lot of the basic work as already been done and it's all a matter of refining the thing further. They would have to try really hard to fuck it up if they are using the original as a starting point, since so much of the work is already out of the way.

What COULD be worse than the original is the story and writing. That's mostly where my concern is to be honest.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The combat system was created in effort to imitate real medieval combat, and i think within that restriction they did a fairly good job, though it is a bit strange they didn't realize the kind of problem masterstrikes was going to create.

Because it's a game made specifically to imitate real life you mongoloid. It's the entire fucking point and main attraction of the thing for a lot of us. It's like playing Arma 3 and ask why the gunplay is not the same as in Quake.

And because the combat system was designed to imitate real life combat, it's not going to look any different in the sequel. Any change or improvement would only be found under the surface and won't likely be noticable until you get to play the thing. It's likely for instance they have already reworked masterstrikes out of the gate and there will be other balance changes but visually it's not going to change for pretty damn obvious reasons.

Besides, some issues with the combat had nothing to do with the mechanics of the fights themselves. The perk system in KCD wasn't as well thought out as it could have been for instance. Some of the perks are unique and the novelty alone compared to your average RPG was pretty cool at least but we needed more and we needed them to be more impactful. This is also something that might be improving in the sequel that isn't immediatly obvious in gameplay previews.

Lastly, before anybody accuses me of copium, the reason i'm fairly confident the combat and other mechanics will be improved in the sequel is that they are clearly using the original as a base, so a lot of the basic work as already been done and it's all a matter of refining the thing further. They would have to try really hard to fuck it up if they are using the original as a starting point, since so much of the work is already out of the way.

What COULD be worse than the original is the story and writing. That's mostly where my concern is to be honest.
Except it is not imitating real life, it is just their own shitty version of FP combat.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Except it is not imitating real life, it is just their own shitty version of FP combat.

Really? Because hema in first person looks identical:

Even fighting multiple enemies is the same, just a big clusterfuck lmao:

Ryzer

Arcane
It is overhyped because it's made by Slavs otherwise it would be already forgotten.

Harthwain

Magister
It is overhyped because it's made by Slavs otherwise it would be already forgotten.
It is "overhyped", because the first entry was a really good open-world action RPG set in medieval era. It's natural for a sequel to a popular game to be hotly anticipated as well.

Ryzer

Arcane
It is "overhyped", because the first entry was a really good open-world action RPG set in medieval era. It's natural for a sequel to a popular game to be hotly anticipated as well.
The first game was okay if only you hadn't seen the trailers from the kickstarter because it was full of shit. Not to mention the choices and consequences which are inexistant in this game and the capacity to stand boring cinematics.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Really? Because hema in first person looks identical:

Even fighting multiple enemies is the same, just a big clusterfuck lmao:

Not even close. There are no body slams, no grappling, no stumbling like in that video :D
And that guy even with that tiny camera has more control of his movement due to camera not locking to shit.

And if you are going for realism defense then they also need to add realistic wounds, disease, losing limbs, lying in bed for days and stuff :P

Last edited:

V17

Educated
I appreciate that after people correctly pointed out that the KC2 thread doesn't get enough traffic because not enough people hate it, you two decided to take matters into your own hands, but you may tone down the stupidity a bit, there's no need to go overboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom