Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

Ryzer

Arcane
I appreciate that after people correctly pointed out that the KC2 thread doesn't get enough traffic because not enough people hate it, you two decided to take matters into your own hands, but you may tone down the stupidity a bit, there's no need to go overboard.
I don't hate it, I find it completely mediocre and forgettable, far from what the trailers showed. The amount of lies told is on the scale of a Bethesda game.

But apparently, it's okay if it's Vavra. Pretty sure KCD2 will be no different.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How can anything be on the "scale" of a Bethesda game with this level of attention to detail? It's an absurd expectation. Bethesda games can afford to be "wide as an ocean" precisely because they are "deep as a puddle".

Ryzer

Arcane
How can anything be on the "scale" of a Bethesda game with this level of attention to detail? It's an absurd expectation. Bethesda games can afford to be "wide as an ocean" precisely because they are "deep as a puddle".
It describes Kingdom Come down to a T, its open world is completely empty, not that it doesn't make sense after all but then don't make an open-world.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Every successful thread needs its resident retards.

ArchAngel and Ryzer decided they are up for the challenge.

Good luck, guys!

And as usual it seems it befalls on me to play devil's advocate.

The combat system was created in effort to imitate real medieval combat, and i think within that restriction they did a fairly good job, though it is a bit strange they didn't realize the kind of problem masterstrikes was going to create.

"But, but, it's a game, why should it imitate real life".

Because it's a game made specifically to imitate real life you mongoloid. It's the entire fucking point and main attraction of the thing for a lot of us. It's like playing Arma 3 and ask why the gunplay is not the same as in Quake.

And because the combat system was designed to imitate real life combat, it's not going to look any different in the sequel. Any change or improvement would only be found under the surface and won't likely be noticable until you get to play the thing. It's likely for instance they have already reworked masterstrikes out of the gate and there will be other balance changes but visually it's not going to change for pretty damn obvious reasons.

Besides, some issues with the combat had nothing to do with the mechanics of the fights themselves. The perk system in KCD wasn't as well thought out as it could have been for instance. Some of the perks are unique and the novelty alone compared to your average RPG was pretty cool at least but we needed more and we needed them to be more impactful. This is also something that might be improving in the sequel that isn't immediatly obvious in gameplay previews.

Lastly, before anybody accuses me of copium, the reason i'm fairly confident the combat and other mechanics will be improved in the sequel is that they are clearly using the original as a base, so a lot of the basic work as already been done and it's all a matter of refining the thing further. They would have to try really hard to fuck it up if they are using the original as a starting point, since so much of the work is already out of the way.

What COULD be worse than the original is the story and writing. That's mostly where my concern is to be honest.
Except it is not imitating real life, it is just their own shitty version of FP combat.

Really? Because hema in first person looks identical:

Even fighting multiple enemies is the same, just a big clusterfuck lmao:

Not even close. There are no body slams, no grappling, no stumbling like in that video :D
And that guy even with that tiny camera has more control of his movement due to camera not locking to shit.

And if you are going for realism defense then they also need to add realistic wounds, disease, losing limbs, lying in bed for days and stuff :P

There's obviously going to be limitations due to the nature of what can be accomplished in a computer game and given the time and resources they had at their disposal, but the important part is the intent.

And it's very strange to find this animosity towards simulation which in the past used to be one of the main defining qualities of PC gaming, which was seen as a bit more serious than consoles precisely because of this closer affinity to computing technology as a means to explore new possibilities in terms of simulation, interactivity and the general advancement of this virtual space we call video games.

Does it mean combat in KCD couldn't have been better? Sure it might have, but it seems to me your main criticism is that the combat fails by virtue of NOT offerring a more basic arcade experience which simulations tend to eschew but their very nature, which i don't see as a valid criticism.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bethesda games can afford to be "wide as an ocean" precisely because they are "deep as a puddle".
It describes Kingdom Come down to a T, its open world is completely empty, not that it doesn't make sense after all but then don't make an open-world.
B6u0P_TCcAAgQia.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Every inch of it is hand crafted i guess you retards have no eyes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I appreciate that after people correctly pointed out that the KC2 thread doesn't get enough traffic because not enough people hate it, you two decided to take matters into your own hands, but you may tone down the stupidity a bit, there's no need to go overboard.
I do not hate it, I gave it 7/10 after giving it 40-50 hours. Did most side quests, some DLCs, had best armor and horse money could buy and stopped before entering monestary part as everyone said it is stupid.
It is just a very disappointing game, I talked about my problems with the game earlier as I was playing it for the first time few months back.
It is just people are praising it way too much, just because it showed a middle finger to the woke crowd it does not mean you need to ignore its problems and there are a bunch of those.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What COULD be worse than the original is the story and writing. That's mostly where my concern is to be honest.
No mine. As long as Vavra is the lead writer the script isn't gonna drop below a certain level of quality.

I actually fully expect this game gonna be to the first one what Witcher 3 is to Witcher 2 - bigger, better and much more successful.

The only thing that worries me is that launch date, sharing the same week with three or four other high-media profile games. The buzz could be watered down or even drowned out. Let's not forget the first game got so huge mainly due to extremely favourable release window when literally nothing else was going on for weeks before and after.

V17

Educated
I don't hate it, I find it completely mediocre and forgettable, far from what the trailers showed. The amount of lies told is on the scale of a Bethesda game.

But apparently, it's okay if it's Vavra. Pretty sure KCD2 will be no different.

There are two things in your statement. Firstly that the final game didn't meet what they promised during development. This is true and it's a fair criticism, for example the engine simply could not handle the simulation of large crowds and a few parts of the game suffered for it. KCD2 is unlikely to be too different in this regard. They also promised us 3 big chapters divided into 3 games, instead we got I think about 1,5 chapters in the first game and the story was slightly different.

Honestly, I don't really give a shit. I didn't back them and I'm not a retard who preorders games or buys them on day one before I know how good they are. By the time I bought it I knew very well what I was getting and I was very happy with that.

As for the rest of your claims about the game being mediocre or empty, those are too stupid to respond to.

notpl

Arbiter
I don't care even slightly about "large-scale battles," that's a terrible idea for an open-world RPG, but even as someone who didn't follow the kickstarter or anything else about KCD before release, I know it was originally planned to be one game. So it seems quite possible that some of the very early concepts are still planned for games 2 or 3, back when these were all meant to be a single release rather than a trilogy.

Ryzer

Arcane

As for the rest of your claims about the game being mediocre or empty, those are too stupid to respond to.
80% of the map is composed of points of interests which are : tombstones, a nest of pigeons, shrines (sometimes with some trash loot), crosses and bandit camps. It never gave me the urge to explore the wilderness because I was sure I would encounter nothing interesting.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

80% of the map is composed of points of interests which are : tombstones, a nest of pigeons, shrines (sometimes with some trash loot), crosses and bandit camps. It never gave me the urge to explore the wilderness because I was sure I would encounter nothing interesting.

c8rxHCS.jpeg

WXFq60u.jpeg

4qiuqYk.jpeg

rbjhYZA.jpeg

hIedtjW.jpeg

EvjaMpz.jpeg

PRAyyRZ.jpeg

IZlNofH.jpeg

pUZ6dIb.jpeg

avSCfo3.jpeg

Let me quote my question from another topic:

Are you trying to bump up your RPG stats with these shitposts so your account looks more legit or what

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
The real world isn't a big theme park and neither is KCD's world. It's nice to have a change of pace from tripping up over content every time you stumble into a room.

Ryzer

Arcane
The real world isn't a big theme park and neither is KCD's world. It's nice to have a change of pace from tripping up over content every time you stumble into a room.
Ok shill.

DKunit

Literate
First you post a CrowbCat video and a now you're posting ProZD.

Reddit is over that way, sir.

Ryzer

Arcane
Credit where it's due, KCD has the best fast travel system ever made since Daggerfall? maybe.

Habichtswalder

Learned
Credit where it's due, KCD has the best fast travel system ever made since Daggerfall? maybe.
I barely used fast travel in KCD. It felt "wrong", because the world is not only beautiful to traverse but also it's such a nice feeling to ride on your horse to the next mission and to plan your day before the sun goes down. I only fast-traveled towards the end of the game after I saw every area on the map multiple times.

Gerrard

Arcane
The fast travel in KCD is literally the worst fast travel system in any game, because above all else it's NOT FUCKING FAST.

thesecret1

Arcane
I played hardcore so no fast travel ever. It's not even really needed – once you learn the map, you can get everywhere really fast.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I also mostly avoided fast travel as galloping around the map was (unfortunatelly) the best part of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom