Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Let's see:
"What is your favourite type of roots?"

According to Pierre, he had a lot of ginger and turmeric. I'm not entirely sure how one incorporates this into their diet, much less survive on it.

Any root experts here that want to chime in?

Yosharian

Arcane
Jorad seems pretty good to me. Why is his subrace bad? And why can't he get whirlwind?
Because a Cloudtop Half-Giant gives up 2 Con to get 4 Dex compared to base = Jorad. Good trade.
Why no Whirlwind? It requires -> mobility -> dodge -> 13 dex. He has base 10 dex and few feats.
Jorad is pretty good,, what makes him only good but not great is, in my opinion, the class not the stats. I find barbarians lacking but they were never good for me in any 3.x game.
I'm a fighter (or even paladin) person not a barbarian or ranger person. In Kotc2 the competition is even fiercer with Gladiators, Samurais or Death Knights.
Hmm I figured he would remain effective throughout the game as a grappler. Should I replace him later, then?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3481693

Update #58: KotC 2 Now Released! Version 1.32 Fixes Bugs & Improves the AI!

Hello everyone! Whew, what a crazy last few weeks! Finally, KotC 2 is now available on Steam, GOG and the website. Nearly all of the backers who pledged at the Paladin level and above have now received an email containing a Steam key or a GOG key for KotC 2. Thank you so much to all the backers who took the time to write a review of the game on Steam or GOG!! Also a big thank you for helping spread the word!!

A number of bug reports came with the release, so I have had to focus on bug fixing. The latest version of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos, 1.32, is now available for download here for both Windows and macOS.

A Matt Chat about KotC 2 is planned this Friday 15 April at 4 pm Paris time / 9 am US Central Time.

Separately, Tactical Adventures has today released a new campaign for Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Congratulations for the new release! Please scroll down for more details and the new campaign's image.

Now let's review the main changes to KotC 2 brought by the recent updates of the game.

Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.32
  • Fixed a source of crash when several characters cast healing spells (and other spells) out of combat.
  • Fixed a source of crash in combat and when recruiting companions.
  • Fixed an issue with the AI casting Protection from Energy on allies.
  • Fixed an issue with large creatures taking a five-foot step when they shouldn't be able to do so.
  • Fixed an issue associated with the square targeted by spellcasters when they cast summoning spells.
  • Fixed broken links to Psychic Warrior powers and Bard spells in the help system.
  • Psychic Warriors wearing armour that grants a better bonus than the psionic power Inertial Armour will no longer use that psionic power out of combat. Also tweaked some AI settings in the goblin-arena battle.
  • Added the missing 'prone' sprite for Mimics, which is displayed when they're sleeping.
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.31
  • Fixed a source of crashes in combat when the AI selects an opponent.
  • Fixed a source of crash when the player uses a scroll or spell-like ability after having triggered someone's ready versus spell status.
  • Fixed a source of crash when leaving a game while combat is taking place and then opening the Module Editor.
  • Fixed the pathfinding of large creatures. In certain circumstances (the goblin-arena battle) they were crossing dangerous squares needlessly.
  • Tweaked a few AI settings in the goblin-arena battle.
  • The AI will now use the Coup de Grace action much more often when it's possible to do so.
  • Improved the AI when a spellcaster is running out of spell slots or psionic power points.
  • Improved the AI when the enemy is very far.
  • Added the missing Help Entry for Break Enchantment Check.
  • When someone's casting is disrupted due to a condition such as Prone (applied through a Ready Versus Spell action), any 'Damaged While Casting' condition on the caster will be removed.
  • Casters who received the Quicksand condition through a Ready Versus Spell action will now lose their spell.
  • When a character is knocked out during any out-of-combat situation (and not killed), he or she will recover immediately with 1 Hit Point.
  • Fixed a bug with the AI using the Curing domain power spell-like ability on allies who aren't wounded or blinded.
  • In the Tutorial Module, when you visit the merchants for the first time, your Quest Journal will be updated to let you know what the party needs to do next.
  • In the Tutorial Module, added some text providing extra advice before the battle against the thugs who attack you while you're climbing the stairs.
  • Fixed a bug when launching a Charge using the combat-actions menu on the left side of the screen.
  • Fixed a bug when using the Counterspell option using the combat-actions menu.
  • In the modifier-list help for concentration checks, changed 'Caster level + 3' to 'Caster level + 3 from Difficulty Options'.
  • Reworked the dungeon map of the Tutorial Module to prevent Filanthir from flying to inaccessible areas while combat is taking place.
  • Improved the Help Entry about Game Options.
  • Fixed problems with the difficulty settings. Changes made by changing the main difficulty level while playing will now be saved correctly.
  • Fixed all of the Robes of Defence. They now correctly provide a bonus to Armour Class between +4 and +8.
  • Fixed the reduced-difficulty negative levels on Smurgan in the Tutorial Module (Smurgan has only 3 HD so I've reduced his negative levels from 3 to 2).
  • Fixed a text error at the end of the Combat Manoeuvres recap in the Tutorial Module.
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.30
  • Fixed a bug with the feat Point Blank Shot not granting the bonus to ranged attack rolls. Thank you azcore for pointing this out to me!
  • During combat, mousing over a character in the information mode will now display the character's Psionic Power Points, if any. Thank you night4 for the suggestion!
  • Accelerated the falling-down animation based on the 'Accelerated Combat' setting in the Game Options screen. Try the battles on the stairs in the Tutorial Adventure to see the difference. Thank you Fred for the suggestion!
  • Fixed an AI issue when creatures are affected by Stinking Cloud and they need to get out of the cloud quickly. Thank you Frank for pointing this out to me!
  • Fixed a bunch of dialogue spelling errors in the High Sewers involving the Spectral Masters. Thank you again Frank for pointing this out!
  • Fixed a source of crash associated with Quickbar spells and characters from a different module. Thank you Kai for pointing this out to me!
  • Pushing Left Alt + G will now switch on and off the display of the Square Grid. You can do this both in-game and in the Module Editor. Thank you azcore for the suggestion!
  • Pushing F1 in the Game Options screen will now open the Help screen.
  • In the Module Editor, in the 'Module Data' screen, increased the maximum number of characters you can create and add to the party at the start of the module from 10 to 20. Also, in the same screen, increased the maximum party size (including companions) from 10 to 20 characters.
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.29
This update fixes a bug associated with the Moon Crypt puzzle and other puzzles.

What was wrong: There's a variable called 'Clicked Position' in the script of the puzzles. Normally this variable gets initialised in the earlier parts of the game. However, if the player skips certain parts of the game, it doesn't get initialised, leading to the bug with the Moon Crypt puzzle and elsewhere. That is why only a few people experienced the issue.

How was it fixed: Now the script will automatically create the missing variable if it doesn't already exist (i.e. if it wasn't declared by a script somewhere). As a result, the game is able to record where the player clicks (what moon, etc).

Thank you jgasser, C4MP3R, Matt (from the Matt Chat Youtube channel) and everyone else in the Steam forum for helping resolve the problem!

Knights of the Chalice 2 Versions 1.24 to 1.28
  • Fixed several bugs associated with characters falling down.
  • Fixed an issue with the giant snake in the Tutorial Module being visible from behind a door.
  • Fixed issues associated with the oozes in the Tutorial and the reward for moving past them stealthily.
  • Fixed a source of crashes when recruiting new companions.
  • Improved the Left and Right arrow keys when viewing someone's Character Sheet. If you're viewing the Arcane, Divine or Psionic tab of the Character Sheet, normally, pushing the Left or Right arrow key will switch the screen to the next character in the party who has the same type of magic. However, if only one character in the party has this type of magic, then pushing the arrow key will switch the screen to the next character in the party (and the Character Sheet will now display the Attack tab).
Thank you Vasyl for all the help with bug fixing!

Steam & GOG Keys for backers at Paladin tier and above
If you've got the Paladin reward tier (not the Champion reward tier), or a higher reward tier, and you haven't received any email from me containing your key or a request to specify whether you'd prefer a Steam key or a GOG key, please email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com and I will send you your key as soon as possible. Thank you!

The Lost Valley, a new campaign for Solasta
The Lost Valley DLC is a brand new level 1 to 12 campaign that will take your party into the lands of the Dominion. This remote place long forgotten by all is ruled with an iron fist by the tyrant Orenetis, but the arrival of your adventurers will light a fuse under this political powder keg.

e49ce0c7b7555a48e9d85645ef7d218e_original.jpg

This new adventure brings a replayable non linear story, as you are the one deciding which faction to side with in order to escape the Valley, new foes to face, with iconic monsters such as Giants, Hags and Golems, and new subclasses, one for each of the nine existing classes in Solasta.

Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2
The next steps are the following:

• Take part in the Matt Chat about KotC 2 this Friday 15 April at 4 pm Paris time / 9 am Central Time.
  • Finish sending out Steam and GOG keys to backers.
  • Fix any remaining bugs and sources of crashes in the game.
  • Read and reply to posts on the Steam Forum, GOG Forum and the website Forums.
  • Hire a graphic designer to create new sprites, new maps and other types of artwork.
  • Work on the Barbarian class upgrade and the iconised combat-actions menu.
  • Work on the upcoming adventure modules.
As always, if you find bugs or if you have any feedback, thoughts and suggestions, please feel free to let me know here, or in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank You So Much For Your Support, Valiant Heroes of the Realm! Enjoy!! :)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Because a Cloudtop Half-Giant gives up 2 Con to get 4 Dex compared to base = Jorad. Good trade.
Why no Whirlwind? It requires -> mobility -> dodge -> 13 dex. He has base 10 dex and few feats.
Jorad is pretty good,, what makes him only good but not great is, in my opinion, the class not the stats. I find barbarians lacking but they were never good for me in any 3.x game.
I'm a fighter (or even paladin) person not a barbarian or ranger person. In Kotc2 the competition is even fiercer with Gladiators, Samurais or Death Knights.

Whirlwind is good early on and then it's just pretty bad since it doesn't trigger cleave nor greater cleave, you want to turn your killing machine into some pathetic melee mage?
A waste of good feats, if you ask me.

The only way to make it good is to add a tripping enchantment, or stunning but spells do that pretty well already, there's stomp, greater stomp and quicksand and a lot more.

Meanwhile, I'm going to reach the Spider Queen with a party level 19, the fighter is already 19, the rogue 18, and everyone else is 13-15 with enough xp to get to 17/18.
Only fights remaining are the one near the exit, Xadriphar, the Death Snare and The Spider Queen's Lair...

I'm going to walk all over these 8 legged bugs!

Efe

Erudite
so far till coven, I hit and kill a lot more enemies with reach whirlwind than cleave
Also I dont see anything implying they wouldnt work together in feat descriptions so maybe it's a bug after all

Lios

Cipher
Wanna try a Death Knight. Try to see how I can fit him into a party.
Any cool build suggestions?

FA7

Educated
Haha, thx. It kind of sounded so familiar that I thought there must be some kind of old TSR low-level adventure where party of hobbits halflings start their voyage because they're short on spice for the famous roasted turnip recipe. :D

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
how one "learns" if one always does the same thing?

Lol, I'm on like my seventh party. Definitely not a problem.

Why the insistence on Salamanders? Does the ability to be a living thermometer sounds as exiting compared to other racial skills?

Because there was a Salamander-only check around the time I last restarted and I wanted to see what it did. Before that I thought they sucked too. Half-Sal Sam just doesn't, especially for the purpose of clearing most of Finchbury at level one and no rest to raise cash for Inn Merchant and bank EXP.

You make good points re: Drake but that's kind of moot since the point was to play a Half-Sal and get Word of Honor and Half-Sal Reach Sam is a good fit for those goals. If I wanted to just play Sam I'd probably go Half-Giant and Drake would be better with some other classes since there's overlap between Whirlwind and Breath Weapon. My guess is that best Drake is a class with some spare feats (to develop Breath) that needs an alternative action economy either to save casts or to add an AoE effect. Haven't found a dialogue reason to play Drake yet though.

Why Ranger? What does one "learn" by trying a mediocre class that offers less unique mechanics than most others do?

It's not mediocre and it offers more unique mechanics not less. It starts with Precise and Careful so can actually hit things at range right away which is in fact pretty unique in this game. If you use Stillfinger Halfling you hardly ever miss. The challenge is making the damage relevant which is where Half-Giant comes in. 20 STR and auto-Enlarge does it. Guardian can get to 16 WIS (also helps your spells obv), use Zen Archery and WIS headpiece from Inn Merchant and you're good. Once you get Far Shot you can deliver the payload from 16 squares away. Mobility is the name of the game and nothing is more mobile that that. And you can still whale with a two-hander as needed.

HG Ranger lvl 5.jpg

You get Improved (Standard Action) Careful Shot just in time for your iterative, so you can now Move + Careful or do a Full Attack (picking up Rapid at this point). Likewise Improved Critical comes in at about the time you can first afford to put Force on a Weapon and now you're rolling.

Auto-crit seems pretty unique! Not needing Skewer means Force instead which is pretty good with HG + Warbow.

Two strong saves instead of one, free AB bonuses, decent supply of bonus feats, Improved Precise early and free. Hell, free Precise means you maybe could skip Point-Blank altogether but I think Far Shot is too important. Enchanting your own arrows as Free Action (more of a Halfling Archer thing I think), using high level Divine scrolls.

What's not to like?

It was a zen archer cleric.

It was a Hunting Domain Cleric. I've had a 20 DEX Druid with ZA that didn't get it. Hunting Domain is a little bit of a trap I think. I've found ranged underwhelming for everything but Ranger and Cleric does fine in melee setting up flanking and the like. Magic Domain gives you plenty of action economy without ploinking with a Bow. Game's about focusing on your strengths and ranged combat ain't it for Cleric.

I'm curious whether that particular dialogue has consequences down to line so I'm sticking with it until I find out.

base = Jorad

Jorad is Toughbone and wastes a Feat on Cold Resistance. On the question of the better Grappler I think the Sun Monk eventually gets there but you can certainly make a case for Jorad as well. I've just already got a HG in my main group and want the top end speed and saves (and SR etc) from the Monk (and Stunning Fist as need). Plus I've got the Fire Mage to go with.

Jorad would benefit from Mobility so if he could get it Whirlwind wouldn't be that big of a waste but Great Cleave can often have a similar effect by midgame so no huge loss.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
So whenever I save with Jorad in the group (active or inactive) game crashes. Any suggested fix?

Time to play KotC 1 I guess.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wanna try a Death Knight. Try to see how I can fit him into a party.
Any cool build suggestions?

From earlier:

Nobody's better than a pure fighter at killing things with a sword, that said, either you take other classes because you know what to do with their special skills, you want some diversity or just don't.

DK is one of my favorite class because of the aura of dread, -3 AC - 3 to saving throws is a big deal when it matters the most, aka when fighting powerful foes.
If you specialize your casters to make the most of it, it makes a huge difference.

As for the rest, you need to spend a couple of feats on his special abilities to make the DK worth it and also build him right.
Conviction requires an INT bonus and Smite requires CHA bonus.
Smite is only useful when you need some extra THC or if you use a skewer weapon.

Life steal, I don't use it much, as Serus said, it requires 1 feat at least to make it a free action.

Some DK builds:

Race STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
Hu. (M) 18 - 8 - 14 - 16 - 8 - 15
Hu. (M. North.) 20 6 14 16 8 13
Centaur (F. Arb.) 18 6 14 14 8 15
Drake and Dwarf males works as well, even Half-Giant.

With 1 Attribute point every 4 levels, you can spend 4 in STR and 1 in CHA.

Of course, you could do something different with a bit more of DEX or CON and remove some CHA points if you don't plan to use feats on smite or remove some INT points.
Or even go with 10 CON and go full CHA or with a lesser DEX penalty.

Low DEX might be a problem so you might want to consider something different with less STR and CON.
These builds work very well with a smite DK using a 2H Skewer weapon, like the axe you get in chapter 3 or another one with high base damage and high crit multiplier.

Actually what's your opinion about sorcerer and wizard?

I don't like Sorcerers, you can transform them like wizards but their spell slots are shared between divine and arcane magic (they use the same spell slots).
I find the Warlock better.
Still, both of them require too many abilities to work.

So a pure wizard works better, a highly specialized one even ore if you know what you're doing.

So whenever I save with Jorad in the group (active or inactive) game crashes. Any suggested fix?

YES!

Send a bug report to Pierre through steam or e-mail with your saved attached to it.

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
It also crashed for me once - I reloaded the game, had that fight again and there was no crash at the end. I did not use any spells or skills during second attempt though

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jorad seems pretty good to me. Why is his subrace bad? And why can't he get whirlwind?

Get a load of this guy ERYFKRAD
At least he's a fighter/paladin person and not a casterfag.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
how one "learns" if one always does the same thing?

Lol, I'm on like my seventh party. Definitely not a problem.

Why the insistence on Salamanders? Does the ability to be a living thermometer sounds as exiting compared to other racial skills?

Because there was a Salamander-only check around the time I last restarted and I wanted to see what it did. Before that I thought they sucked too. Half-Sal Sam just doesn't, especially for the purpose of clearing most of Finchbury at level one and no rest to raise cash for Inn Merchant and bank EXP.

You make good points re: Drake but that's kind of moot since the point was to play a Half-Sal and get Word of Honor and Half-Sal Reach Sam is a good fit for those goals. If I wanted to just play Sam I'd probably go Half-Giant and Drake would be better with some other classes since there's overlap between Whirlwind and Breath Weapon. My guess is that best Drake is a class with some spare feats (to develop Breath) that needs an alternative action economy either to save casts or to add an AoE effect. Haven't found a dialogue reason to play Drake yet though.

Why Ranger? What does one "learn" by trying a mediocre class that offers less unique mechanics than most others do?

It's not mediocre and it offers more unique mechanics not less. It starts with Precise and Careful so can actually hit things at range right away which is in fact pretty unique in this game. If you use Stillfinger Halfling you hardly ever miss. The challenge is making the damage relevant which is where Half-Giant comes in. 20 STR and auto-Enlarge does it. Guardian can get to 16 WIS (also helps your spells obv), use Zen Archery and WIS headpiece from Inn Merchant and you're good. Once you get Far Shot you can deliver the payload from 16 squares away. Mobility is the name of the game and nothing is more mobile that that. And you can still whale with a two-hander as needed.

View attachment 23895

You get Improved (Standard Action) Careful Shot just in time for your iterative, so you can now Move + Careful or do a Full Attack (picking up Rapid at this point). Likewise Improved Critical comes in at about the time you can first afford to put Force on a Weapon and now you're rolling.

Auto-crit seems pretty unique! Not needing Skewer means Force instead which is pretty good with HG + Warbow.

Two strong saves instead of one, free AB bonuses, decent supply of bonus feats, Improved Precise early and free. Hell, free Precise means you maybe could skip Point-Blank altogether but I think Far Shot is too important. Enchanting your own arrows as Free Action (more of a Halfling Archer thing I think), using high level Divine scrolls.

What's not to like?

It was a zen archer cleric.

It was a Hunting Domain Cleric. I've had a 20 DEX Druid with ZA that didn't get it. Hunting Domain is a little bit of a trap I think. I've found ranged underwhelming for everything but Ranger and Cleric does fine in melee setting up flanking and the like. Magic Domain gives you plenty of action economy without ploinking with a Bow. Game's about focusing on your strengths and ranged combat ain't it for Cleric.

I'm curious whether that particular dialogue has consequences down to line so I'm sticking with it until I find out.

base = Jorad

Jorad is Toughbone and wastes a Feat on Cold Resistance. On the question of the better Grappler I think the Sun Monk eventually gets there but you can certainly make a case for Jorad as well. I've just already got a HG in my main group and want the top end speed and saves (and SR etc) from the Monk (and Stunning Fist as need). Plus I've got the Fire Mage to go with.

Jorad would benefit from Mobility so if he could get it Whirlwind wouldn't be that big of a waste but Great Cleave can often have a similar effect by midgame so no huge loss.
Ok, so I misunderstand you what Your goal and how much you played but you weren't very clear on that. In that case it makes sense. Overall i still think that Salamanders are good mainly for "flavor".

Auto-crit? You mean the 1 shot at -8? The advantage I see, is that you get to do it as standard action later on, which admittedly is very nice. But suggesting that damage-wise it's good is not supported by any math from this dimension. As "unique" mechanic goes this one is pretty meh. Compare to, for example, an always present aura that gives -3 to saves and AC(?). This is a good one. Anyway, half of the time you can't even aim properly. Basically, you are saying that Ranger can fare better in a form combat that is significantly worse than others. OK, I can buy that.

I'm not sure it was the Hunting domain and not Zen Archery that allowed my cleric to do the shot and cut the hand off in this dialogue option*. Your Druid had Zen and he didn't get the option possibly because your Ranger got it. A single option is shown only once, AFAIK, even if several characters qualify.

*Any one has Thorgal vibes here? A character from the comics, Kriss de Valnor did this to some shaman or priest once (book "The Archers") But she did use special arrows. Arrows that one other character from the comics was manufacturing. Pierre is french. Comics are french too.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Overall i still think that Salamanders are good mainly for "flavor".

I mean you can't really say a game is all about initiative then ignore abilities that prevent surprise. And I haven't gotten back to that check to see if there's something there even more significant than that. Somehow I suspect that you don't know either.

Auto-crit? You mean the 1 shot at -8?

Oh for fuck sake, why do people insist on bloviating bout something they haven't even tested? And then have the temerity to condescend based on nothing more than theorycrafting?

I will never, never understand this.

You never use it at -8. As with most unique abilities there's a feat that goes with it.

half of the time you can't even aim properly.

Second person really isn't working for you here. Your inability (or more likely unwillingness) to play the class doesn't apply to me or in general. The whole point is that played properly you can aim just fine.

*It's the only class that really can* The trick is making that ability relevant. One way is to Haplo it up by stacking dice multipliers like Half-Giant + Force. You're Vital Striking. *From across the screen*

Basically, you are saying that Ranger can fare better in a form combat that is significantly worse than others. OK, I can buy that.

Ah, the Codex, where people feel compelled to parade around their ignorance then condescend from atop a pile of clown noses.

How would you know if it's worse than others if you haven't even played it? It's worse than others... unless you're playing a Ranger, which is the point of the class.

Your Druid had Zen and he didn't get the option possibly because your Ranger got it.

That party didn't have a Ranger. I was expecting to get it and didn't, then re-read the skill.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
*Any one has Thorgal vibes here? A character from the comics, Kriss de Valnor did this to some shaman or priest once (book "The Archers") But she did use special arrows. Arrows that one other character from the comics was manufacturing. Pierre is french. Comics are french too.

Probably, and The Archers is one of the best comic book out there if you like heroic fantasy.
I'll ask him in my next feedback e-mail.

Desiderius

Patron

Yeah, that was a little... rudimentary. Decided I've learned enough from the main game to play the Tutorial.

Fog Cloud seemed to work on the Golems...

Lios

Cipher
So, I replaced all the tokens of the module with better looking ones from the Nexus, and then the new update undid all the changes just like that. Maybe I did something wrong since I'm a bit ooga-booga, maybe it's Pierre's shit engine, either way, weak, dude. Weak.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm hoarding xp by staying 2/3 level below my total xp, trying to reach the Spider Queen at level 17/18, usually, I get there around level 16.

I'm not sure how I'm faring so far, after clearing Pizarra + the shadows ambush and the remained cultist near the stairs, the team is level 8 but with enough xp to reach level 11.
Beat Pizarra at levels 6/7/8, 6 was a mistake, I thought the fighter was level 7 like the rest (aside from the monk + druid companions at level 8) and he got 21K xp for winning the fight (18/19K at level 7).

It was really tough, I had to use my 2 acorns of earthquake and one raise dead scroll to resurrect the monk (which was replaced by Pizarra afterwards).
Both my mages were muted after 3/4 turns so the DK Skewered his way through the fight with the druid to heal, summon and quicksand, the monk to tank to death and the Psion to nuke, stun and heal while I got the rogue sickened by my own spell and then scared and blinded by the demon and an archer.

First time I think I'm fucked each time any reinforcement arrives, the demon was bad enough, skewered after 2/3 turns, then the orcs and then the Vroks but luckily, they gathered all in one spot to allow me to energy stun them, how nice!

What is your party setup now?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm glad Pierre doesn't even pretend to be fair during the tutorial. It would lull players into a false sense of security.

9ylx8zs.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom