Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

overtenemy

Augur
Bros how does smite work? It says "single attack" but I full attacked while hasted and smite applied to both while being low level and having only one use. Bug or feature? I also notice you can't charge+smite, which has me wondering if when you get pounce whether a single smite use applies to all the attacks, you have to do separate uses, or it doesn't work at all.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Did this go on sale for Steam's Summer sale? I was planning on getting it for the 50% off sale. Did I miss it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
On sale? This game?

Pierre's game? On sale?

Not only a sale, but a 50% off sale?

Infinitron give this man a "clinically insane" tag.

KotC 1 is a 13-years-old game and the best deal we've had so far has been 30% off a year ago. We can expect to see a 50% discount on KotC 2 around 2057.

Grimlorn

Arcane
On sale? This game?
I figured Steam might put it on sale anyways or there might be some deal in place for a sale when Steam has them which is why he was charging about double what he charged for the first game. Everyone knows about his bad business sense and economics degree.

Sykar

Arcane
Shame pierre did not add enemy monks in the module
Vampire monks, man. There's a whole gang of em' in that tomb encounter where lich resides within upper sewers.
maxresdefault.jpg

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
On sale? This game?
I figured Steam might put it on sale anyways or there might be some deal in place for a sale when Steam has them which is why he was charging about double what he charged for the first game. Everyone knows about his bad business sense and economics degree.
Steam can't "put" a game on sale. Only Pierre can.

Acrux

Arcane
I figured Steam might put it on sale anyways
That's not how Steam sales work. Valve doesn't get to decide the price a game is sold at, or when it goes on sale, or even if a game/publisher/developer participates in a sale.

Oh, I guess my page didn't refresh. Looks like NJClaw already explained this.

Humanophage

Arcane
What's the situation with enlargement? I was thinking about making a Storm Warrior mantis with quadruple-wielded Shillelagh-enlarged clubs. Give it weapon finesse and max dex. Is that a viable build? I started one and it said that they cannot wear armour, but she's wearing the "barbarian armour" just fine - I probably haven't read some caveat.

jungl

Augur
the vampire monks were literal whos I forgot about them. Did they not take double damage from fire and in tiny nuke friendly rooms?

Mauman

Learned
What's the situation with enlargement? I was thinking about making a Storm Warrior mantis with quadruple-wielded Shillelagh-enlarged clubs. Give it weapon finesse and max dex. Is that a viable build? I started one and it said that they cannot wear armour, but she's wearing the "barbarian armour" just fine - I probably haven't read some caveat.
weapon finesse doesn't work with clubs.

That being said, it'll suffer what all non-fighters/monks have to deal with when going with multiple melee hit builds - no wade in.

Sure, there's the pounce belt out there, but pounce is unreliable and it conflicts with the "always enlarged" belt.

edit - also the armor bit - mantises can't wear armor outside of robes. The basic armor you start with on characters is a non-armor giving piece of armor that counts as a robe. It's basically a class-based cosmetic.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is the game in a good enough sate at the version to buy?

EDIT: What's the latest version?
In its current state, the game is fine. That is if he didn't suddenly break something that I am not aware of.

Version is 1.42.

youhomofo

Augur
Okay, so I finished the second battle against Pizzeria the warlock. Every moment up to and including that battle I've absolutely loved. It felt like a huge accomplishment winning that fight. Took intelligent use of all my resources and spells.

I thought I was done with the sewers and I'd be returning to the surface for some quests and stuff, but no. Now I'm in an endless maze of halls and every two steps there's another massive battle. I love challenge. I'm not bitching about that. But it's fucking exhausting. I'm starved for 5 minutes of nonviolent exploration, NPC chitchat, a puzzle, a quest. Anything but another gang of magical rapebeasts and undead wizards literally bursting out of the walls for another drawn out battle.

Is it just me or does the pacing go to shit after the Pizarra fight? I'm quickly losing my will to play. Does it get better if I keep pushing on? I had so much fun up to this point. If nothing else KOTC2 has inspired me to give Dark Sun another go, so it's not all bad.

I started one and it said that they cannot wear armour, but she's wearing the "barbarian armour" just fine - I probably haven't read some caveat.

The starting barbarian armor? It has no actual armor value. It's just an outfit. Thri-kreen can wear anything without AC, such as robes or the non-armor armor you start with.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's just Augury of Chaos module. It's all combats. There are some puzzles intermittent here and there, such as Crypt Death Snare, Witch riddles, and Key Masters riddles; but it's mostly combats.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It is a CRPG where CRPG stands fir combat role-playing game.

TRUE STORY.

If you expect anything else that is on you. Even the class/race talents largely focus on how battles start. Lol

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Does it get better if I keep pushing on?

Nope, it only gets worse. If you're already burning out, I suggest dropping it, or getting to the end of chapter 3 and pretending that that's where the game ends.

Also I can relate with the 'exhausting' part. I tried playing through this again after its real release and dropped it in the middle of chap3 because I realised I just can't be bothered with this shit.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Does it get better if I keep pushing on?

Nope, it only gets worse. If you're already burning out, I suggest dropping it, or getting to the end of chapter 3 and pretending that that's where the game ends.

Also I can relate with the 'exhausting' part. I tried playing through this again after its real release and dropped it in the middle of chap3 because I realised I just can't be bothered with this shit.

But but, what about the huegpenis? :/

FriendlyMerchant

I told Pierre at release that a sale might be a good idea.

But we all know how closely he follows good business advice...
Contrary to their talking points, Libertarians seem to be no more successful in business than many of their peers. It's quite strange really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom