Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I see nothing there.

Tolias

Educated
Hi, first of all thank you for your hard work, the module is awesome!

2nd, you mention a readme, there doesn't seem to be any in the zip file. Either in nexus version or the one you linked. Also is there a walkthrough available in general?

3rd (because it's driving me craaazy), if you let Rorn the Black go while investigating the stolen instruments, can you find him later (and where)? Or is he gone for good.

Dorateen

Arcane
Hi, first of all thank you for your hard work, the module is awesome!

2nd, you mention a readme, there doesn't seem to be any in the zip file. Either in nexus version or the one you linked. Also is there a walkthrough available in general?

3rd (because it's driving me craaazy), if you let Rorn the Black go while investigating the stolen instruments, can you find him later (and where)? Or is he gone for good.
Thank you for playing! The readme on the nexus page is under the Docs section. It contains a partial walk through/guide at the end. This link should go direct to the readme:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5?tab=docs

Regarding Rorn the Black
Yes, you will run into him later.

Gandalf

Arbiter
I have a question regarding visuals. Is this dungeon floor, walls and urns design passable? I've realized they look pretty rough and would be time consuming to make everything more detailed. What do you think? *Click on the image to expand it*
djmlU5C.png

Dorateen

Arcane
The previous 1.64 update to Knights of the Chalice 2 added sea waves and wood creaking sounds. I was able to add these to a later part of the Hearkenwold adventure module, when the party is aboard a sailing vessel.

As a special treat for Halloween, I've uploaded a new video that demonstrates these sounds, as well as a haunting encounter.

There is a new 1.65 update for KotC2, and finally the water animations that are available to place on a map can be resized. I will be going back to further refine those tiles that have the animation, accordingly.

Tolias

Educated
One of my party members in Hearkenwold is a lvl 4 bard. Her Pipes of Pain spell-like ability should be doing 2d8 sonic from lvl 4 and upwards, as per class description, however in-game it only rolls a single D8 for damage. Is that like a bug, a feature or what is going on.

Also I've taken the Sickening Pipes feat, how do I actually use it? Activating song only shows vanilla Pipes of Pain.

Dorateen

Arcane
Her Pipes of Pain spell-like ability should be doing 2d8 sonic from lvl 4 and upwards, as per class description, however in-game it only rolls a single D8 for damage. Is that like a bug, a feature or what is going on.

Also I've taken the Sickening Pipes feat, how do I actually use it? Activating song only shows vanilla Pipes of Pain.
That sounds like a bug. I can mention it to Pierre. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Bard feats, but I can look into it.

edit: looking at the Help File, it says that Sickening Pipes will make targets Sickened for 2d4 rounds, instead of stunning them for one round. And it increases the range. So the feat is used to modify the use of Pipes of Pain.

Last edited:

Tolias

Educated
Her Pipes of Pain spell-like ability should be doing 2d8 sonic from lvl 4 and upwards, as per class description, however in-game it only rolls a single D8 for damage. Is that like a bug, a feature or what is going on.

That sounds like a bug. I can mention it to Pierre. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Bard feats, but I can look into it.

edit: looking at the Help File, it says that Sickening Pipes will make targets Sickened for 2d4 rounds, instead of stunning them for one round. And it increases the range. So the feat is used to modify the use of Pipes of Pain.

Ok I got a screenshot.

1H7zlzc.jpg

As for Sickening Pipes, I figured it out, that was my bad. It was so ingrained in me to press A -> Pipes of Pain -> left click on enemies, I didn't even notice it had an option to select sickening after activation. I was looking for a whole new song.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3919375

Update #76: KotC 2 1.65 Adds New Editor Features + New Preview Images!​

Hi everyone! In the past month, I worked on the map data file for a few large maps of the upcoming KotC 2 module, The Dark Arena. In addition, I released the KotC 2 update 1.65 a few days ago. The latest version can be downloaded here for Windows and macOS, or from Steam and GOG.

I also purchased the Audio Odyssey Humble Bundle containing most of the sound effects and soundtracks that can be found on Ovani's website. Version 1.65 has three of the new sound effects.

f00fc933fbf13b4e2175a91501115ae2_original.png
Exploring the cellars and ancient corridors underneath Crossroad Castle.
I also worked on the sprites and dialogue icons of some of the main NPCs that you will find in the upcoming module. Here's one of them, below.

5a243091a560c0a85c11a0ca5f8227e5_original.png
Sir Althor is the Knight Commander.
On a personal note, the inheritance process I've had to go through is finally over. That is really awesome, but it comes with some new challenges. I've got the family home but I need to renovate it, remove the clutter, buy furniture and do so many other time-consuming things associated with it.

cceb4c6a0c05755e0df516fc53aa0d87_original.png
Derelict tower in the countryside.

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 version 1.65​

• Added three new sound effects. There are two new door-opening sound effects and one new sound effect for lightning ambient sound sources, that may be used with electricity-damage traps.
  • Fixed a source of crashes that could occur infrequently when launching a game.
  • Fixed a bug that could occur when loading the Settings file.
  • Fixed a bug in the Module Editor with the button 'Apply Image Size', in the box that appears when entering data about an activable zone.
d241401fee07e423f254da8b53963f72_original.png
Derelict tower interior with a couple of treasure chests.
  • Added 'depth-sorted' activable zones. You can now have zones containing an image (a statue, a pool, etc) that will be displayed in the right order so that characters in front of the object will be displayed on top of the object and characters behind the object will appear behind the object. When entering the name of the activable zone, simply add ',Sorted' so that the object will use depth sorting. Otherwise, the images are printed below characters by default, or above characters if you add ',Overlay' to the name of the activable zone.
  • Pushing the H key in the editor and keeping it pressed will hide the images contained in Sorted zones. This may be useful if you want to align the Sorted image with the backdrop image underneath, for example if you have a barrel as a Sorted zone and the backdrop also has the barrel image and you want them to be in the same area. Press Tab and then repeatedly press H to see if your zone is perfectly aligned.
eaf715e7e7923b5993f8230fa4fd0fac_original.png
A mysterious Time Corridor.
  • When moving and resizing activable zones in the Module Editor, pushing the right control key instead of the left control key will hide the tooltip text.
  • In the Module Editor, fixed a source of crashes when you have several maps sharing the same background image.
  • In the Module Editor box designed to edit Activable Zone data, when the cursor is in the 'HP/Nb.Particles' input box, pressing the Tab key will now move the cursor to the next input box, 'Hardness/Max.Size'. Pressing Tab again will return the cursor to the 'HP/Nb.Particles' box. Pressing Tab while the cursor is in one of the 'Position' input boxes will also switch between the input boxes for the x and y position, and pressing Tab while the cursor is in one of the 'Size' input boxes will switch between the input boxes for horizontal and vertical size.
  • In the Module Editor, ambient sound effects will now be playing.
a91d51e943575663c8f75062fa219f9b_original.png
Giant Frog statue within the Swamp Dungeon.
  • Added a new sound source: Lightning field. This ambient sound source can be placed anywhere on a map easily using the menu of the Module Editor.
  • Added a new animation for vertical lightning. This effect can be placed anywhere on a map easily using the menu of the Module Editor. There are two parameters, the first one is the opacity percentage and the second one is the scaling factor. Zones are named like this: 'Lightning Animation,100%,50%'.
  • For the moving-water animation, you can now set the scaling factor. Zones are named like this: 'Water Animation,70%,60%'. The first number is the opacity, the second one is the scaling factor. You can now have a moving-water effect even on small rivers.
  • Fixed an issue with terrain conditions like 'Fog Cloud'. The game wasn't removing them from the Character Sheet after the end of combat (although they would get removed at the start of the next fight). Thank you so much Dorateen for letting me know about this!
  • Added a mention of the new editor features in the help entry for the Module Editor.
d232511923c844e43a3ee26196c96da8_original.png
Sunrays and a pool within the Swamp Dungeon.

Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2​

Similar to the previous update, the next development steps are the following:

• Work on the map data, NPCs, monsters and scenario of the upcoming KotC 2 module.
  • Hire a graphic designer to create new sprites and other types of artwork.
  • Implement new features such as new monster abilities, subraces, familiars, and items.
  • Fix any remaining issues mentioned on Steam, GOG, heroicfantasygames.com, and by email.
As always, if you find bugs or if you have any feedback, thoughts and suggestions, please feel free to let me know here, or in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank You So Much, Legendary Knights of the Realm! Let's Keep Forging Onwards and Upwards :)

Tolias

Educated

New bug I noticed: Mysticism Domain seems not to be working as to giving bless/bane an extra bonus. See screenshot.

BC2isYA.jpg

I tested on Augury of Chaos and it seems to be working correctly there.

Dorateen

Arcane
Tolias

I was able to fix the issue with Bless, Bane and the Pipes of Pain in the Hearkenwold module. A new 1.65.1 version is uploaded here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

There was some data missing in the spells file. In KotC2, each module has its own spells data file. So if an adjustment is made to spells in Augury of Chaos, a module author still needs to correct his own. A few versions back, I must have missed updating the associated file.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On a personal note, the inheritance process I've had to go through is finally over. That is really awesome, but it comes with some new challenges. I've got the family home but I need to renovate it, remove the clutter, buy furniture and do so many other time-consuming things associated with it.
Just plant a root garden on the floor and be done with it Pierre, we need to you make more KotC2 content.

Tolias

Educated
Tolias

I was able to fix the issue with Bless, Bane and the Pipes of Pain in the Hearkenwold module. A new 1.65.1 version is uploaded here:

There was some data missing in the spells file. In KotC2, each module has its own spells data file. So if an adjustment is made to spells in Augury of Chaos, a module author still needs to correct his own. A few versions back, I must have missed updating the associated file.
Absolute legend.

Should I update on current playthrough or is a new start recommended with update?

Also should I continue to report issues here or would you prefer discord/email?

Another minor issue I noticed is that Tortoise shield is considered a tower shield instead of light (even though it needs prof. light shield), so a bishop for example can't cast while wielding it. Well it's an issue if you didn't intend this behavior.

Dorateen

Arcane
Tolias

Another minor issue I noticed is that Tortoise shield is considered a tower shield instead of light (even though it needs prof. light shield), so a bishop for example can't cast while wielding it. Well it's an issue if you didn't intend this behavior.
You can update the module if you wish, the saves and game in progress will carry over. I have also received feedback from other players and this version includes a few suggested additions.

Regarding the tortoise shield, I think I tried to do something weird like give it tower shield properties but require only light shield proficiency. I’ll take a closer look.

Here is good for reporting issues. You can pm me.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3919375

Update #76: KotC 2 1.65 Adds New Editor Features + New Preview Images!​

Hi everyone! In the past month, I worked on the map data file for a few large maps of the upcoming KotC 2 module, The Dark Arena. In addition, I released the KotC 2 update 1.65 a few days ago. The latest version can be downloaded here for Windows and macOS, or from Steam and GOG.

I also purchased the Audio Odyssey Humble Bundle containing most of the sound effects and soundtracks that can be found on Ovani's website. Version 1.65 has three of the new sound effects.

f00fc933fbf13b4e2175a91501115ae2_original.png
Exploring the cellars and ancient corridors underneath Crossroad Castle.
I also worked on the sprites and dialogue icons of some of the main NPCs that you will find in the upcoming module. Here's one of them, below.

5a243091a560c0a85c11a0ca5f8227e5_original.png
Sir Althor is the Knight Commander.

cceb4c6a0c05755e0df516fc53aa0d87_original.png
Derelict tower in the countryside.

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 version 1.65​

• Added three new sound effects. There are two new door-opening sound effects and one new sound effect for lightning ambient sound sources, that may be used with electricity-damage traps.
  • Fixed a source of crashes that could occur infrequently when launching a game.
  • Fixed a bug that could occur when loading the Settings file.
  • Fixed a bug in the Module Editor with the button 'Apply Image Size', in the box that appears when entering data about an activable zone.
d241401fee07e423f254da8b53963f72_original.png
Derelict tower interior with a couple of treasure chests.
  • Added 'depth-sorted' activable zones. You can now have zones containing an image (a statue, a pool, etc) that will be displayed in the right order so that characters in front of the object will be displayed on top of the object and characters behind the object will appear behind the object. When entering the name of the activable zone, simply add ',Sorted' so that the object will use depth sorting. Otherwise, the images are printed below characters by default, or above characters if you add ',Overlay' to the name of the activable zone.
  • Pushing the H key in the editor and keeping it pressed will hide the images contained in Sorted zones. This may be useful if you want to align the Sorted image with the backdrop image underneath, for example if you have a barrel as a Sorted zone and the backdrop also has the barrel image and you want them to be in the same area. Press Tab and then repeatedly press H to see if your zone is perfectly aligned.
eaf715e7e7923b5993f8230fa4fd0fac_original.png
A mysterious Time Corridor.
  • When moving and resizing activable zones in the Module Editor, pushing the right control key instead of the left control key will hide the tooltip text.
  • In the Module Editor, fixed a source of crashes when you have several maps sharing the same background image.
  • In the Module Editor box designed to edit Activable Zone data, when the cursor is in the 'HP/Nb.Particles' input box, pressing the Tab key will now move the cursor to the next input box, 'Hardness/Max.Size'. Pressing Tab again will return the cursor to the 'HP/Nb.Particles' box. Pressing Tab while the cursor is in one of the 'Position' input boxes will also switch between the input boxes for the x and y position, and pressing Tab while the cursor is in one of the 'Size' input boxes will switch between the input boxes for horizontal and vertical size.
  • In the Module Editor, ambient sound effects will now be playing.
a91d51e943575663c8f75062fa219f9b_original.png
Giant Frog statue within the Swamp Dungeon.
  • Added a new sound source: Lightning field. This ambient sound source can be placed anywhere on a map easily using the menu of the Module Editor.
  • Added a new animation for vertical lightning. This effect can be placed anywhere on a map easily using the menu of the Module Editor. There are two parameters, the first one is the opacity percentage and the second one is the scaling factor. Zones are named like this: 'Lightning Animation,100%,50%'.
  • For the moving-water animation, you can now set the scaling factor. Zones are named like this: 'Water Animation,70%,60%'. The first number is the opacity, the second one is the scaling factor. You can now have a moving-water effect even on small rivers.
  • Fixed an issue with terrain conditions like 'Fog Cloud'. The game wasn't removing them from the Character Sheet after the end of combat (although they would get removed at the start of the next fight). Thank you so much Dorateen for letting me know about this!
  • Added a mention of the new editor features in the help entry for the Module Editor.
d232511923c844e43a3ee26196c96da8_original.png
Sunrays and a pool within the Swamp Dungeon.

• Work on the map data, NPCs, monsters and scenario of the upcoming KotC 2 module.
  • Implement new features such as new monster abilities, subraces, familiars, and items.
  • Fix any remaining issues mentioned on Steam, GOG, heroicfantasygames.com, and by email.
As always, if you find bugs or if you have any feedback, thoughts and suggestions, please feel free to let me know here, or in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank You So Much, Legendary Knights of the Realm! Let's Keep Forging Onwards and Upwards :)

Hearkenwold was also updated. KotC and Haerkenwold update are worthy of a main page news post.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.66

Hi everyone!
Here's version 1.66 of Knights of the Chalice 2. Here's the list of changes:

• Fixed a source of crashes when transitioning to a different map and the mouse cursor is positioned over an inter-square door.
  • Fixed a display bug when casting spells out of combat, which also prevented the casting of the single-effect version of Dispel Magic out of combat.
  • Mousing over the class name in the character sheet of Bishops will also display the character's domain names.
  • In the module Hearkenwold, the Mysticism Cleric Domain will correctly grant its bonus to the spells Bless and Bane.
  • When mousing over both a character and an activable object that can be clicked, the game will now focus on the object.
  • In the Creature Editor and Template Editor, clicking the button labelled 'Recalculate Slots' will now remove all of the spell slots of the character if the character has the class Warrior, Aristocrat or Commoner.
  • In the Module Editor, in the 'Equipped Items' page of the Creature Editor, the tooltip information will now be correctly updated when you change the torso (armour) item or one of the weapons of the creature. Also fixed the tooltips when switching the position of two items.

Thank You So Much For Your Support, Valiant Knights and Wise Wizards! Enjoy :)

also 10% discount

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3949505

Update #77: KotC 2 1.66 Fixes Bugs + New Preview Images from The Dark Arena!​

Hello everyone! In the past month, I worked on the main NPCs and new soundtracks for the upcoming KotC 2 module, The Dark Arena. I also released the KotC 2 update 1.66 a few days ago. The latest version can be downloaded here for Windows and macOS, or from Steam and GOG.

573265c3a5c13c524bc914aa29560a8b_original.png
Lady Anne is the Second-in-command of the Knights of the Chalice and Head of the Order of the White Sword.
I also worked on a new item (Reishi mushroom) and associated spell ('Second Chance') designed to allow you to resurrect characters of level 1 and level 2 without loss of gold or experience. The intent is to make low-level battles less punishing. Thank you so much Juhani for highlighting that issue to me!

2b1bc6f678a6c916ac6a4375c7c4d023_original.png

Sadly, I haven't been able to work on the game very much this month because of relentless house-repair problems. Even today, I've had a new one which will be costly to fix. :-( Never fear, though, my motivation and dedication to KotC 2 remains intact.

b97535c8fa8853537c5cd8787c19ab3c_original.png
Elaraelitha is the Head Wizard of the Knights of the Chalice.
The latest version, 1.66, has a bug when using the spell animation preview feature in the Module Editor, or when loading a map that has zero activable zones ; that bug will be fixed in the next version.

3b4e1bfeebb5359cea3c6f51b28f8ce9_original.png

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 version 1.66​

• Fixed a source of crashes when transitioning to a different map and the mouse cursor is positioned over an inter-square door.
  • Fixed a display bug when casting spells out of combat, which also prevented the casting of the single-effect version of Dispel Magic out of combat. Thank you so much Dorateen for letting me know about this bug and other issues !
56df972da443e4c3e30e94af91332dbf_original.png
Sir Philip is the Third-in-command, Captain of the Guards, and Head of the Order of the Red Shield.
  • Mousing over the class name in the character sheet of Bishops will also display the character's list of Cleric Domains.
  • In the module Hearkenwold, the Mysticism Cleric Domain will correctly grant its bonus to the spells Bless and Bane.
1e65b5bc62ec6d38cf6112e658298da4_original.png

• When mousing over both a character and an activable object that can be clicked on, the game will now focus on the object.
  • In the Creature Editor and Template Editor, clicking on the button labelled 'Recalculate Slots' will now remove all of the spell slots of the character if the character has the class Warrior, Aristocrat or Commoner.
345c5e0f3918730459be8d825642c22e_original.png

• In the Module Editor, in the 'Equipped Items' page of the Creature Editor, the tooltip information will now be correctly updated when you change the torso (armour) item or one of the weapons of the creature. Also fixed the tooltips when switching the position of two items.
4154aed59f0ac526966a4f235dd491d2_original.png

0ac7fae3968de62a8087e67fc52892d9_original.png

Thank You So Much For Your Support, Valorous Knights and Wizards of the Realm!! Take care :)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

so release is 2025 maybe :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom