Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian = Decline. OwlCat = Incline.

Reinhardt

Arcane
But a question. Is your character in PF:WoTR male of female? I can't know by his portrait.

4wNBgJX.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Wow, I never played BG3 so I cannot speak about it and I'd never do so without experience. I actually intend to buy and play it, once it's out. The amount of phags acting like le monoculed critique about a game they clearly have not played, is spectacular. You're spreading fake memes and bullshittery mates, at least procure the game somehow and try it first, there are a number of objective critiques to be made.

edit:
sweatonmybrow.png
I posted and gigatits appeared above me, this means I'm doing something good, it's a sign

Anonona

Learned
The amount of phags acting like le monoculed critique about a game they clearly have not played

Meredoth did played it if memory servers right. He liked it at first but changed his mind later after consideration. So is not totally an uninformed opinion, although there had been some changes to my knowledge and fixes that he may or not may be aware of depending on how much has he been keeping up with the game.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, I never played BG3 so I cannot speak about it and I'd never do so without experience. I actually intend to buy and play it, once it's out. The amount of phags acting like le monoculed critique about a game they clearly have not played, is spectacular. You're spreading fake memes and bullshittery mates, at least procure the game somehow and try it first, there are a number of objective critiques to be made.

edit:
sweatonmybrow.png
I posted and gigatits appeared above me, this means I'm doing something good, it's a sign

I've played it and it left me cold. But as I said in my other post I don't think enough of it is finished yet to give a proper critique, or even any critique at all other than whether it matches your preferences or not. For me I like the combat engine and... that's where things I like end. I will say the clash between the original "spirit" of BG games and Larian's wacky hijinx is very, very bad if you're looking for that classic Faerun feeling. It's just not there at all.

You're best off going into it expecting DOS 2 with a splash of modern D&D paint. Not old D&D paint, and definitely not very D&D feeling ruleset overall even by the modern ruleset standards, it vibes DOS overwhelmingly, so if you can stand that you'll probably enjoy it to some degree.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
literally using 1 spell in all slots...

NO, using 3. Wail of The banshee, Ice prison, mass and negative eruption which is a AoE harm and can dish ludicrous high damage while heal myself and buff my undeads.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Since not everyone seems to be aware, 5e changed how memorizing spells & spellslots work. No shenanigans on Larian's part, they're just implementing the rules.

And he's right that the phrase "spell level" is confusing, because the word "level" is used for so many different things in D&D. This is addressed in the AD&D PHB, FYI
image.png
larian cultists have trouble understanding... Adjectives. Maybe swen and wotc were right to simplify everything.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
But a question. Is your character in PF:WoTR male of female? I can't know by his portrait.

4wNBgJX.jpg
A character with obvious heavy plastic surgery would be the most likely to be trans. Fake looking face, fake looking tits, obvious wig. Pathfinder isn't the only woke franchise. The JRPGs are even more woke because they treat the transgender like a women and bring no mention to their dead life

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
People think we're only hating on larian to defend Pathfinder, as if we haven't been saying the same thing for 2 years. If anything the only reason we're defending Pathfinder is because we hate bg3.

Reinhardt

Arcane

4wNBgJX.jpg
A character with obvious heavy plastic surgery would be the most likely to be trans. Fake looking face, fake looking tits, obvious wig. Pathfinder isn't the only woke franchise. The JRPGs are even more woke because they treat the transgender like a women and bring no mention to their dead life
Scared of big boobies? Go hug Anevia bodypillow, fag.

Anonona

Learned
larian cultists have trouble understanding... Adjectives. Maybe swen and wotc were right to simplify everything.
Jesus, what pitiful attempts at shit-talking. Made you look dumber than those you are insulting. I'll say you should let Meredoth do the talking, he has been upping up his game lately and had a few nice comebacks.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

This is some advanced mental gymnastics. Mythic level perhaps.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is not that I hate BG3. BG3 AFTER modders fixes it by making it more like 3E or 2E will be great. Is just that every other D&D CRPG is much better. And yes, it includes non D&D products which uses D&D rules like Solasta, KoTC, Low Magic Age and so on(but doesn't include console bastardizations like sword coast legends). But most of my critiques towards Larian are critiques towards DOS2, not towards BG3.

Reinhardt

Arcane

This is some advanced mental gymnastics. Mythic level perhaps.
Improved Improved Improved Mental Gymnastics.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
My hot take: both Larian and Owlcat are pretty neutral as far as decline/incline goes, they've released flawed products that never did surpass the great titles of the old. Mostly due to flawed writing and design. While playing some of these old RPGs, especially Torment you feel that the game is about something that matters. When I play their game it's just kill dudes -> get loot -> go to the next room at infinitum. However unlike some other games of the RPG renaissance, especially Pillars of Eternity they brought something new and good to the genre. So I would say that while the games aren't exactly inclined there are elements of incline. Original Sin games are great for their environmental interactions, spell interactions, use of verticality etc. Sure it sometimes devolves into barellomancy, but whatever. WoTR is one of the few games where I actually had to skip some dialogue because it was unreadable but some things it did extremely well. It got rid of rest spamming in an elegant way that actually feels natural. Tied character powers to the in-game choices, made mounts an important part of combat, and gave people a lot of classes to choose from.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I've said it before in this very forum and I'll say it again loud and clear.

Swen Vincke is the greatest Belgian to ever grace the face of the Earth.

This is an indisputable claim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom