Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lies of P - a Pinocchio-Inspired Souls-Like Game

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Everything else is relatively high quality, even heavily stylized ones like Ashen.
This has actually been on my radar. How would you say Ashen compares to the likes of this, Mortal Shell, Surge, etc?
More indie than those two and even lighter on RPG elements (it's more like an action adventure with soulsike combat).

But it has a very nice, unique vibe, especially in some dungeons (Seat of the Matriarch is straight up legendary tier, no shit).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I appreciate that by its omission Nioh 2 is acknowledged as being beyond the ranks of Souls wannabes and stands upon its own mountain:smug:
It's clearly inspired by Souls so if you're more comfortable with "souls-inspired" instead of "soulsikes", it's like, whatever mang.

In that category Nioh 2 is by far the best of the bunch.

v1rus

Arcane
While I haven't had the chance to try it yet, I'm seriously interested, and I've been stalking the thread. I seriously hope its as good From-clone as you guys say it is.

From my perspective, only one I stuck with, and thus, only one I really likes was Fallen Order. And then there was Decay of Logos, which I wanted to like, oh so much, but the game really didnt want me to. Still have nightmares about it.

Machocruz

Arcane
It's clearly inspired by Souls so if you're more comfortable with "souls-inspired" instead of "soulsikes", it's like, whatever mang.

I'm not taking issue with whatever labels, just cheekily pointing out that Nioh 2 excels in its way and is different enough that it's transcended the confines of merely being compared to Souls, unlike some of these other games imo.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I'm not taking issue with whatever labels, just cheekily pointing out that Nioh 2 excels in its way and is different enough that it's transcended the confines of merely being compared to Souls, unlike some of these other games imo.
Sure, then again p. much all soulslikes are different enough, more of less, even Lords of the Fallen and Lies of P.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i blew my money on Armored Core but i'll keep an eye on this one. Just as long as they don't keep nerfing shit of course lol.

abija

Prophet
Regardless of the quality or lack thereof, when it comes to video games, there really needs to be a law that's enforced internationally with brutal violence where the main character of an action game is not allowed to be less manly than me. This is really not a high bar to reach, but this guy in Lies of P - I could very easily rape him if I wanted to and it wouldn't even tire me out. I should never be able to comfortably rape an action hero. Hopefully the devs fix this glaring oversight for their next project and then maybe real gamers like myself will take it seriously.
It's a puppet made after a 13 year old boy. It would rape you.

There's a big chance their next game protagonist is going to be a girl.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Regardless of the quality or lack thereof, when it comes to video games, there really needs to be a law that's enforced internationally with brutal violence where the main character of an action game is not allowed to be less manly than me. This is really not a high bar to reach, but this guy in Lies of P - I could very easily rape him if I wanted to and it wouldn't even tire me out. I should never be able to comfortably rape an action hero. Hopefully the devs fix this glaring oversight for their next project and then maybe real gamers like myself will take it seriously.
It's a puppet made after a 13 year old boy. It would rape you.

There's a big chance their next game protagonist is going to be a girl.
It would be much harder to rape a girl than this guy, so at least they're on the right path.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STILL LICKING THE GAMES

FUN TIMES FUN COMBAT FUN LEVELS

LOTS OF FUN AVAILABLE TO PLAY WITH GAME MECHANICS I AM NOW WIELDINF BOSS GREATSWORD FOR THE WIN

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO FOR THE LEGION ARM

THE PUPET STRING IS MOSTLY BEST FOR LEVELS BUT SO FAR THE FIRE ONE WRECKS BIG ENEMIES OR BOSSES

I AM IN LIKE CHAPTER FIVE

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Seeing the journos cryng in desperation makes me want to play this game even more. Can't wait.
Play it now, because they've already made some considerable nerfs, and might do more.

Also, the game is awesome and should be played by any fan of the genre.

cruel

Cipher
I can confirm, 11 hours in, chapter 4 - game is excellent. Probably my GotY so far. So happy that they didn't mess this up.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
While I haven't had the chance to try it yet, I'm seriously interested, and I've been stalking the thread. I seriously hope its as good From-clone as you guys say it is.

From my perspective, only one I stuck with, and thus, only one I really likes was Fallen Order.
This means you like metroidvanias, not souls-likes.

v1rus

Arcane
From my perspective, only one I stuck with, and thus, only one I really likes was Fallen Order.
:hmmm:

its an ok game brooo, tr00st me

This means you like metroidvanias, not souls-likes.

Well that is true, as in, I do like metroidvanias. And I did appreciate that element in Fallen Order, a lot. Kinda sucks that all that metroidvanianing gets you... fucking ponchos. But oh well.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
After being stuck in a fight 2 evenings with a particular group you meet twice in game ( want to avoid spoilers) I feel like I'm getting filtered. :( I simply can't make any sense of that moveset and they just roflstomp me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom