Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Mamushi fight is easy, you just gotta fuck with the boss positioning somehow and try to get a wall on your back.
Fighters absolutely need perception or they will miss, which makes them MAD as fuck.

Wait what? Perception increases chance to hit? What bullshit is this?

Stabwound

Arcane
Yes, perception increases accuracy/chance to hit. No "accuracy" like older MMs. Who knows just how much it factors in though.

82e07d86ac969a91de8f883ace531fb4.png

8ac9561a21b607182fa48c4930ee4282.png

Lhynn

Arcane
Does that mean having only 1 fighter fucks that fighter over, but having 4 may be a good way to do sustained high damage without resting?
Im talking about enemies blocking

Arkeus

Arcane
Does that mean having only 1 fighter fucks that fighter over, but having 4 may be a good way to do sustained high damage without resting?
Im talking about enemies blocking

It helps. A blade-dancer is especially useful for this as you get very early on 4 attacks a turn, and by the end even without shenanigans you get 7. So attacking with a Blade-dancer first means that either all his attacks go through or the enemy can't block anyone else.

As i have said, though, raising Attack Value seems to help with blocking (maybe people are not raising Armor either and under-estimating the penalty?). Likewise, try to get a 'Relentless' weapon (you get a second strike). My Crusader got one very early on in the Lighthouse, and i am still using it in act III.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I only get shit weapons with +elemental damage and some useless proc chance thing.

Also those weapons that deal some pathetic bonus aoe damage must be the worst, I haven't tested yet but it seems they awaken sleeping enemies.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm starting to wonder if a tank character is completely useless and I should just focus on pure deeps.

Crusader's light spells are useful for mitigating damage but ... not sure if worth t.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im going to make my crusader full magic and use the light armor, its better than regeneration to mitigate damage. then ill make a free mage full wind/dark/prime and a druid full earth. the 4th slot will probably go to some other caster. all of them half spirit half magic, seems to me its the best way to go.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
What is stat distribution for melee characters? 2 might, 1 perception, 1 vitality?

I was building my crusader up like he was a tank soaking up damage but it really looks like taunting is crap in this game.

Lhynn

Arcane
why? wind lighting seems OP. dark im guessing gonna have good spells later on, prime means teleport + utility

Arkeus

Arcane
Im going to make my crusader full magic and use the light armor, its better than regeneration to mitigate damage. then ill make a free mage full wind/dark/prime and a druid full earth. the 4th slot will probably go to some other caster. all of them half spirit half magic, seems to me its the best way to go.
I think Druids have Water too right? and Water is surprisingly good at a number of stuff, so i wouldn't count it out.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm starting to wonder if a tank character is completely useless and I should just focus on pure deeps.

Crusader's light spells are useful for mitigating damage but ... not sure if worth t.
My Defender is great against bosses and small groups of strong enemies. Buffed up skills like Shatter or Challenge are a big help. And with buffed up Axe skill and a decent axe he's not bad in a large scale free for all either.

Although as for pure dmg, he starts to lag behind my Bladedancer.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Ah man. I completely went the 'wrong' way with this game. I just recently got back on the main path after going as far as the Menthil Coastline - so I'm returning to the Act 2 questline where you go to the "Lost City" - except my party is all super leveled and I'm walking through enemies and bosses like they might as well not be there. Oops. (Also got my Bladedancer to Blademaster, but he doesn't have the 50mana to execute his whirlwind, aw.) No wonder everything was so goddam hard a lot of the time, but it certainly made my party a lot better and equipped with all kinds of super relics.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
why? wind lighting seems OP. dark im guessing gonna have good spells later on, prime means teleport + utility
Because with three magic skills your skill points will too spread around. You'll have a lot of spell but low damage and running out of mana really fast. I guess you can focus on wind at stop darkness at expert since you get sleep and purge. But don't you need to master prime to get teleport? Seems like a lot of skill points for something you don't really need.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014

My Defender is great against bosses and small groups of strong enemies. Buffed up skills like Shatter or Challenge are a big help. And with buffed up Axe skill and a decent axe he's not bad in a large scale free for all either.

OK rerolling. I think I just need to tweak my stat distribution:

Crusader:

1 might
2 viality
1 perception

Blade Dancer:

2 might
1 vitality
1 perception

Free Mage/Druid:

2 magic
2 vitality

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
at expert warfare there's an unavoidable, sure-to-hit attack for only 10 mana.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It deals p. pathetic damage in my experience though. I think it's the worst you can do with expert warfare in a turn, between armor pen, taunt and the "silence".

2 magic
2 vitality
Oh man you'll regret this too. Enjoy casting 30 mana spells with 100 mana. :M

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Does anyone know which classes eventually get multiple strikes per round? Or is it entirely dependant upon the weapon skill level?

Also, where the hell is the manual?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Druids can get a ton of mana with GM Mysticism.
It's nice to pump Spirit early but later on you don't really need as much.

Lhynn

Arcane
Mercenary seems to be an evasion tank and little else.

And yeah exci, its spread out at first, but you get enough points to master them all eventually.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
And yeah exci, its spread out at first, but you get enough points to master them all eventually.
Yeah, and by then you're already almost finished with the game. Granted with the odd placement of trainers you are kinda forced to spread out anyway.

Druids can get a ton of mana with GM Mysticism.
It's nice to pump Spirit early but later on you don't really need as much.
Oh yeah there's that. I wish I knew how great mysticism is when I started. Would have pumped only that and earth magic on my shaman.

Zeriel

Arcane
Ok, how do i beat Ravenous Ghouls?

Use either knockbacks (gust of wind) or stuns/disables (Time Stasis, Freeze, etc) when they are below half health, or if you attacked and missed ever.

Ah man. I completely went the 'wrong' way with this game. I just recently got back on the main path after going as far as the Menthil Coastline - so I'm returning to the Act 2 questline where you go to the "Lost City" - except my party is all super leveled and I'm walking through enemies and bosses like they might as well not be there. Oops. (Also got my Bladedancer to Blademaster, but he doesn't have the 50mana to execute his whirlwind, aw.) No wonder everything was so goddam hard a lot of the time, but it certainly made my party a lot better and equipped with all kinds of super relics.

This is exactly what I did, though in my case it's intentional, I always like playing M&M games as freeform as possible, just exploring and seeing wherever I can go as soon as possible.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom