Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

racofer

Thread Incliner
I liked Miranda's character.
d7ogcqa835y.gif

Xelocix

Learned
Its hilarious how easy it is to derail a shitty thread like this on this website. Half of you niggers on codex bitch about romance in games but all it takes is some shitty R34 to get you all talking about it.

0a93d3c05cb7.jpeg
Rofl.

The Jester

Cipher
I never understood the Miranda phenomenon. Like her actress, she is considered very attractive for some reason, to me she looks like an aging bartender.
I get not finding any ME characters hot, but not even Yvonne Strahovski? You sure you aren't gay?

Yvonne is (was) fine. Miranda, however, is "Hi. I'm 35 years old, have two children from two different fathers and I want to speak with your menager".

intro-1662838316.webp

If you go through old ME artbooks, they keep saying they had a priority to design female characters as sexy as they could --probably going for that Barbarella effect.

This was absent for future entries' artbooks and the problematic artbooks weren't included in the goodies giveaway they did a while back.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yvonne is (was) fine. Miranda, however, is "Hi. I'm 35 years old, have two children from two different fathers and I want to speak with your menager".
It's ironic that this is how you describe her, considering that she can't conceive.

You're not big on analogy, are you?

Also, I just noticed the spelling of "menager". :lol: Freudian slip, perhaps?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked Miranda's character.
Gotta use a mod to make her less manfaced. She's supposed to have been genetically manipulated to look more attractive yet she's got a brick chin.

Yeah that was one of the things where they said something about like keeping and even adding imperfections to show that they're still beautiful despite not being barbies or some shit. In the end, they made a game character that was less attractive than the real person it was based on, which is kind of bizarre.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I still remember how angry the internet was when Miranda's ass got shrunk for the remaster, including here on our beloved codex.

A true sign of decline indeed.

Iucounu

Educated
I still remember how angry the internet was when Miranda's ass got shrunk for the remaster, including here on our beloved codex.

Miranda's ass was nothing spectacular to begin with --though the effort was laudable-- it's the censorship that caused anger. So modding it back doesn't reall solve anything, the damage to Bioware's reputation has already been done.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
the damage to Bioware's reputation has already been done.

I agree, but modern BioWare's reputation is almost irrecoverably stained.

It's like a ship of Theseus, but rebuilt by people whose only talent is twitter conformity. It won't be seaworthy.

I'm dubious that we'll ever see another Mass Effect game anytime soon because if Dragon Age 4 bombs, it'll probably be lights out for the studio.

the damage to Bioware's reputation has already been done.

I agree, but modern BioWare's reputation is almost irrecoverably stained.

It's like a ship of Theseus, but rebuilt by people whose only talent is twitter conformity. It won't be seaworthy.

I'm dubious that we'll ever see another Mass Effect game anytime soon because if Dragon Age 4 bombs, it'll probably be lights out for the studio.
We know that, because we look at the credits and realize when and where individual people make things in games developed by Obsidian, for instance. People in general think the team that made New Vegas is still working at Obsidian, when most of them left when the game was done (part of the course for objective-driven industries). There's a discourse brewing about Anthem being "unfairly abandoned" by EA, and that Andromeda was some sort of "diamond in the rough". Never underestimate the average gamer's stockholm's syndrome.

Frozen

Arcane
There, there now.

As bad as BioWare is, they still haven't made a game as bad and gay as "BG3"

Larian faggots make them look better in comparison.

9ted6

Educated

Miranda's ass was nothing spectacular to begin with --though the effort was laudable-- it's the censorship that caused anger. So modding it back doesn't reall solve anything, the damage to Bioware's reputation has already been done.
Yeah, it was less of Miranda's jaggedy lowres ass shot and more of what removing that ass shot represents of Bioware and current year gaming in general.
There, there now.

As bad as BioWare is, they still haven't made a game as bad and gay as "BG3"

Larian faggots make them look better in comparison.
Just wait until DAD.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's not the actual ass, it's the idea of a perfect ass, y'know?

Just like it wasn't about Lara Croft's triangular tits, but the idea of a very fit and healthy adventurer.

A true man interacts with ideals through their outwards signs, not just with what is materially present to the senses. Saying this I realize that this is the way in which masturbation causes blindness: when you only see the object and lose sight of the ideal. Real men masturbate to ideals, the material object of focus being nothing but a stepping stone, a bridge to a better world.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Miranda's character isn't even portrayed well but she's still one of the best written characters of ME2 which is funny considering the undeserved praise the characters in ME2 get.

She does something retarded the first time you meet her and the game doesn't allow sheppard to disagree, just accept it. Miranda is just "never wrong". Although she is one of 2 characters that actually has an actual reason related to plot for joining the team (oversee Project Lazarus) which is all you can take. Albeit, only made possible by shoehorning in this new, completely different Cerberus.

Sure she has a change of heart about Cerberus at the end but it's undeserved considering there's nothing leading up to that point to warrant it. She vehemently defends Cerberus until late game. Ass, no matter how great it is, does not excuse that.

On a side note, I still love people seething about Jacob cheating on you if you romance him. It's honestly one of, if not the only, good pieces of writing connecting ME2 and ME3. "She requires a better man than I.." when you inquire about Jacob and Mirands history. Literally the only good, subtle foreshadowing in the entire trilogy that was actually followed up on. Also, he's black. Bioware secretly based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom