Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Easter Egg:

Ground floor of your tavern, north-western most character. Says doesn't feel well. Keep clicking. :)

Fairy Dragon comes out.

I don't have this installed right now, but are you saying that there's

An Alien movie Easter egg in the game?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well...

the whole chapter with people bursting monsters from seeds that are in the water is probably an inspiration from that. But I feel the fairy dragon is foreshadowing to the real dragons you'll face later.

I really don't know. I may be a bit too smooth brained for what exactly this is. But I found it by accident, and I thought it's interesting.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Owlcat has managed to divide a prime number by 2 in N. This has got to be the groundbreaking. Every math publication out there needs to know!

Russian math strikes again.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Multiplying by two and getting an odd number is very hard. Only vatniks can do such math.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Last edited:

Yosharian

Magister
The shadow probably has a static bonus to that roll that isn't being shown, calm down

Sarathiour

Cipher
Pathfinder SRD said:
Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple times and total the results.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/

I'm saying that's how it works in game, would not be the first time that they fucked up P&P rule.

The shadow probably has a static bonus to that roll that isn't being shown, calm down

No, it's because it's a crit

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Pathfinder SRD said:
Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple times and total the results.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/

I'm saying that's how it works in game, would not be the first time that they fucked up P&P rule.

I know, I was just confirming that this is indeed RAW. Just like in 3.5. This has been the case since AD&D (which was the first edition to have rules for criticals - it also had an optional rule that crits gave extra attacks instead of dealing additional damage).

It’s a widespread misnomer (also among P&P players, despite rusty’s poke at the ‘dex) that you multiply on a critical hit rather than roll the damage again.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Magister
2D6 cannot produce a 7, guys. It's just a hidden static bonus

Edit: I meant 2*D6 but ok

Last edited:
Is there any fix for characters that have their casting attribute buffed by items continually losing the extra memorized spell slots?

Raghar

Arcane
Is there any fix for characters that have their casting attribute buffed by items continually losing the extra memorized spell slots?
Backup saves, and delete game directory. Half year later when you'd be in self-punishing mood again, install new version and hope they fixed it already.

Yosharian

Magister
I meant 2 multiplied by a D6 but ok now I see your point, it's odd that a crit would be resolved that way though

Top Bottom