Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ipum

Novice
High Dex. Potions of mage armour, shield of fate, later magical items.
Slayer is a full BAB class with SA, dont need Dex for TWF feats, at will ability for + hit + dmg, autoconfirm critical hits.

Or you know wear armor. There's some great ones. Nakedness is not so stupidly supported this game.
He told its must be unarmoured. Ofc its better with armour.

Reinhardt

Arcane
OH, COME ON, BITCH! NOTTO DISU SHITTO AGEN! If only i could abandon you both here...

OnQdrjx.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
He should tell himself something else. If you must stick to memes at least update them.

Lamiosa

Educated
But the game is easy on core. It just forces you to engage with an unnecessary amount of systems for too large a percentage of the fights.

No, it doesn't.

Git gud.

Currently blowing thru Drezen on long buffs.

There you go Riddler, enjoy the riveting discussions when you let blind fanboys run amok.

I don't really get Owlcat, they looked at Deadfire's boat combat and thought, we want something like that, in every game, only more tedious and annoying.

The whole game is like this, the siege of drezen alllow you to rest at least 3 time in guarded spots when your ressources arent even exhausted against easy fights, you roll over everything, then you have stuff like blackwater . They lock you in till the end , no rest possible, corruption gets too high quickly, high cr foes Hp bloated with ton of immunities and regen only canceled by schock damage or adamantine (you only have one ) . You can only finish it if you know it before hand , stock scrolls , potions and such. Not so easy when the lich path crusade is bugged and force you to spend twice more gold on it to survive.
The crusade mechanics are even more dull for lich , you get llittle stack of useless undeads after each fight and have to micro them and restack .They have no put any thought nor care into it . Then the defense banner gets red for no reason again from time to time , sinking crusade morale.
No doubt the codex will vote this game of the year cause its an easily pleased crowd. Next year maybe...

Are you selecting the minimum time for rest? Sometimes the game selects II instead of I, increasing the corruption gain. If you are passing the religion check, you should be able to rest at least three times before getting the first level of corruption, and almost every dungeon has a holy place to decrease it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The dwarf slayer is pretty good if you want a pretty grounded companion personality wise. Fits his whole consummate professional shtick.
He d be fine if not for that strange constant nagging feeling that, it was a someone elses character given to new player to roleplay, and they are trying their best, but they just can't get it right.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Yo is rest in your tent broken or something. That shit just don't recover my allies ability damage and all that.

purupuru

Learned
So apparently if you actually kill Sosiel during his companion quest (good girl Ember scorched the zombies with a molten orb while he was lying on the ground nearby), the game will ask you to reload a save. Wonder if this is the same for other companions.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The dwarf slayer is pretty good if you want a pretty grounded companion personality wise. Fits his whole consummate professional shtick.

Shame that it takes till, what, third chapter for you to get him? third of the game completed or something?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just finished the "tavern defense" fight with a mounted paladin and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a single encounter in an RPG. Running around on the back of a horse while cleaving through hordes of soldiers with a glaive feels great. Since while mounted you get the range of a Large creature, with Improved Cleaving Finish and Great Cleave you can basically play a giant human-lawnmower.

Desiderius

Patron
Nice Slavic Nihilist Stryder is yeah pretty meh. The hidden kang part is kinda the point.

They were going for this vibe:

With Ember in the Amidala-gets-pedoed-instead-of-being-the-pedo role.

Mortmal

Arcane
But the game is easy on core. It just forces you to engage with an unnecessary amount of systems for too large a percentage of the fights.

No, it doesn't.

Git gud.

Currently blowing thru Drezen on long buffs.

There you go Riddler, enjoy the riveting discussions when you let blind fanboys run amok.

I don't really get Owlcat, they looked at Deadfire's boat combat and thought, we want something like that, in every game, only more tedious and annoying.

The whole game is like this, the siege of drezen alllow you to rest at least 3 time in guarded spots when your ressources arent even exhausted against easy fights, you roll over everything, then you have stuff like blackwater . They lock you in till the end , no rest possible, corruption gets too high quickly, high cr foes Hp bloated with ton of immunities and regen only canceled by schock damage or adamantine (you only have one ) . You can only finish it if you know it before hand , stock scrolls , potions and such. Not so easy when the lich path crusade is bugged and force you to spend twice more gold on it to survive.
The crusade mechanics are even more dull for lich , you get llittle stack of useless undeads after each fight and have to micro them and restack .They have no put any thought nor care into it . Then the defense banner gets red for no reason again from time to time , sinking crusade morale.
No doubt the codex will vote this game of the year cause its an easily pleased crowd. Next year maybe...

Are you selecting the minimum time for rest? Sometimes the game selects II instead of I, increasing the corruption gain. If you are passing the religion check, you should be able to rest at least three times before getting the first level of corruption, and almost every dungeon has a holy place to decrease it.
yes i do , but no i wasnt save scumming the check, so the corruption already get close to 1 before arriving to the place. Inside you cant possibly afford a -3 on attack .

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
However this lacks a bit of nuance as many classes really are just two other classes smashed together.
You know, everything that Hemingway wrote are just 26 letters smashed together. That is why Soviet literature is so much better, because it smashes together 33 letters. And Leo Tolstoy was a genius, because he was smashing together the whole lot of 35 letters!

Parabalus

Arcane
So apparently if you actually kill Sosiel during his companion quest (good girl Ember scorched the zombies with a molten orb while he was lying on the ground nearby), the game will ask you to reload a save. Wonder if this is the same for other companions.

Same happens with the bounty hunter in his mission, guess they are essential.

Desiderius

Patron
I just got my Mythic Powers and maaaaaaan... Limitless rage is so good. Also most of my casters now are just stupidly good.

By the time you get unlimited Rage you’ve pretty much already got it naturally. I could see it being good if it works with Skald for a few levels.

Are you talking about Demon?

purupuru

Learned
Same happens with the bounty hunter in his mission, guess they are essential.
Sad there is no reactivity regarding your ability to revive teammates. I still have the two scales and the scroll guy is selling lots of raise dead scrolls.

Reinhardt

Arcane
However this lacks a bit of nuance as many classes really are just two other classes smashed together.
You know, everything that Hemingway wrote are just 26 letters smashed together. That is why Soviet literature is so much better, because it smashes together 33 letters. And Leo Tolstoy was a genius, because he was smashing together the whole lot of 35 letters!
Half of the "Война и мир" is in french so it's actually ~60 letters.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Swarms.jpg and other shit.
Up yours game!, I’m playing a paladin so my will and fortitude saves are like +17
:timetoburn:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom