Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Nas92

Augur
Weird, when I choose the save to be imported it says "Lighthouse" and shows only 5 party members instead of 6. The fuck is going on?
I feel like you had to search for the right save. Maybe based on the date of the save game? The one at the top of the list to import is not the right one.
There's only one save available, which is the gamecomplete.savegame. But it doesn't matter since I checked out a few videos and it appears that it's the same for everyone. The game shows only five party members and every save is called "Lighthouse". Strangely enough barely anyone seems to be commenting on this.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Weird, when I choose the save to be imported it says "Lighthouse" and shows only 5 party members instead of 6. The fuck is going on?
I feel like you had to search for the right save. Maybe based on the date of the save game? The one at the top of the list to import is not the right one.
There's only one save available, which is the gamecomplete.savegame. But it doesn't matter since I checked out a few videos and it appears that it's the same for everyone. The game shows only five party members and every save is called "Lighthouse". Strangely enough barely anyone seems to be commenting on this.

Must of been thinking of another game then. Witcher maybe.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Doing another playthrough of Pillars 1
Huamn male, Savannah folk, Druid or Cypher, Dyrwood culture, Background - Mystic
Appearance
A-M-up-Nh-400x40.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So I'm replaying PoE because I hate myself, and this part of the journal is kind of annoying me:

ye0bZTL.png

They put The White March right in the middle when I'm hours away from getting to it, which is triggering my OCD. Would've been better to put it in the bottom, or better yet hide it until you start the DLC.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I'm replaying PoE because I hate myself, and this part of the journal is kind of annoying me:

ye0bZTL.png

They put The White March right in the middle when I'm hours away from getting to it, which is triggering my OCD. Would've been better to put it in the bottom, or better yet hide it until you start the DLC.
Obvious
crazyrobot.gif
farming, but I'll still take the bait.

2house2fly

Magister
The siloing of quests really annoys me. You should just have a list of quests, maybe a section for main quests and one for non-main quests. That's it! No more subsections needed!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The siloing of quests really annoys me. You should just have a list of quests, maybe a section for main quests and one for non-main quests. That's it! No more subsections needed!
The organization helps people determine what's essential, what's non-trivial, and what things you do because they're there.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The organization helps people determine what's essential, what's non-trivial, and what things you do because they're there.

Quest trackers are for n00bs. Real men take notes. :whiteknight:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
That's worth it for White March alone. It would be nice if they gave you the option to run White March as a standalone campaign.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
It is, yes. It's a generic fantasy party-based hack n slasher à la IE games and it's fun.
Albeit, the replay value suffers from the lack of diversity of encounters and challenge at high level (besides a few set encounters).

Farewell into the night

Pretty bland and boring game, but it has some good moments. It is a love letter to the old Infinity engine classics like BG2, but that love has the smell of soy.

Its's fair to say that it t is worth that price.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The lack of replay value is due to how mind-numbingly boring base game is. I'd say you can squeeze a few playthroughs by playing different characters. I actually managed to do 3 playthroughs of PoE1 - once when it came out with a Priest, then once again with a Priest (Skaen) when WM and all the patching was done, and a final time with a Bleakwalker Paladin. I tried to do an ironman run with a Druid, but it's a shitty class. I'm also planning a Wizard/Priest/Druid 3-man run sometime down the road. The problem is always how shit base game after the first town is.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The lack of replay value is due to how mind-numbingly boring base game is. I'd say you can squeeze a few playthroughs by playing different characters. I actually managed to do 3 playthroughs of PoE1 - once when it came out with a Priest, then once again with a Priest (Skaen) when WM and all the patching was done, and a final time with a Bleakwalker Paladin. I tried to do an ironman run with a Druid, but it's a shitty class. I'm also planning a Wizard/Priest/Druid 3-man run sometime down the road. The problem is always how shit base game after the first town is.

Thought as much.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I tried to do an ironman run with a Druid, but it's a shitty class.
Went through the whole game three times as a Druid, and planning to do it for the fourth time very soon. They deal a great amount of AoE damage, while offering a bit of CC and greatly improving the party's ability to sustain damage. They lack the Priest's buffs, but who doesn't?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I tried to do an ironman run with a Druid, but it's a shitty class.
Went through the whole game three times as a Druid, and planning to do it for the fourth time very soon. They deal a great amount of AoE damage, while offering a bit of CC and greatly improving the party's ability to sustain damage. They lack the Priest's buffs, but who doesn't?
I meant it more flavor-wise. I hate how the class plays and it's not a Druid imo, it's a nature priest with shittier spells and a token transformation. It does deal ridiculous damage, though, both in cat form and the lightning-based spells. I'd say a Rotskulls-focused Druid could be fun, but it takes too long to get to the spell.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

I think it is mostly the defiant bay's storyline that's garbage. I think some side quests in defiant bay (the siren in the tower for example), and quests and encounters in twin elms (gods' tasks especially) were actually enjoyable. Questline they added to usurping the Caed Nua is also a nice diversion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom