Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Nas92

Augur
Daaaamn i didn't even think you could get to lvl 16 in this game. I'm at thaos and level 10 and he's been whooping my ass hard.
He has something like 150 deflection and will and seems to high roll everything ugh...

I think I know what I need to do to beat him but I literally need to micromanage everything my party does.
Afaik the original cap was 12, White March raised the level cap to 16.
How come you're already at Thaos? Are you not doing WM Part 2?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Afaik the original cap was 12, White March raised the level cap to 16.
How come you're already at Thaos? Are you not doing WM Part 2?

I wanted a change of scenery after WM1 so I decided to go to Act 3 and it went by REALLY fast and suddenly I'm at thaos lol. I was gonna do WM2 after thaos

And how are you level 10?

That's about where you'll be if you ignore most side content.

yeah I didn't do much exploring during act 3, the game asked me if I wanted to scale up content when I went to twin elms and I was like "sure ok" and now every enemy group is huge and has like 3 creatures that spam aoe paralyze/petrify and it's just tiring dealing with that nearly every fight

Nas92

Augur
I wanted a change of scenery after WM1 so I decided to go to Act 3 and it went by REALLY fast and suddenly I'm at thaos lol. I was gonna do WM2 after thaos
Unfortunately you cannot do WM2 after Thaos. You could still load an earlier save though, afaik the game makes one automatically before Burial Isle.

yeah I didn't do much exploring during act 3, the game asked me if I wanted to scale up content when I went to twin elms and I was like "sure ok" and now every enemy group is huge and has like 3 creatures that spam aoe paralyze/petrify and it's just tiring dealing with that nearly every fight
It never asked me if I wanted to scale up content. Must be because I started Act 3 before starting White March. Shit, I really should have done White March before Act 3, like you I assumed I could do it after the MQ, so never really thought about it. I wonder if there's a way to scale the enemies up after the fact.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would it ask you whether you want to scale act 3 when you are level-appropriate for it? Scale it to what?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Why would it ask you whether you want to scale act 3 when you are level-appropriate for it? Scale it to what?

I have no clue, I think I just hit level 10 when I went to start Act 3 and it said "you're considered high level for this content, wanna scale it?"

pretty vague I don't know if it boosted levels of encounters or increased enemy count or what but thaos is a bad bitch with this

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, I was going to say that telemetry claims only a small percentage of people play post-game expansions. This isn't the 90s.

Parabalus

Arcane
There's no such thing as a good ending
Maybe so, but there is often one better than the rest and the one that the writers obviously wanted to be canon over the others.

There are three endings, but only one is "harder" to get:

• Nuke Abydon's memories
  • Restore his memories
  • Temper his memories (hard), probably 'best', it can't be chosen as an import state in PoE2, has to be from a save
The variables for the arguments are quite many, it's all up on the wiki.

Cool part is that how much of a cyborg Abydon is in PoE2 depends on this.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
OMG FINALLY!

I had to cheese the shit out of thaos, pulling with kana and running around in circles on the bottom corner, BUT after many many many tries it happened

SIdSRyj.jpg

durance didn't approve of my choices tho :/

brXdFzO.jpg

ugh that took way too long

Nas92

Augur
I actually got to the pit and that's when it asked me whether I want to scale up or not. Apparently the last dungeon is a 4th act all on its own. Hopefully Thaos won't be a complete bitch for my Level 16 party then.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Thaos is pretty tough if you let him cast his buffs because he's a high level Priest. He had ridiculous stats and was hard to hit.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
well according to steam, less than half have completed act 1 and 15% have completed act 3

people are like me, they buy the game then they don't play it :/

RPGs like Pillars of Eternity are a super massive drain on the attention span, which is almost the exact opposite of why people play video games.

Given modern culture is always draining your attention span and nurtures almost no meditative impulses, it's not surprising most people find them mentally exhausting to play.

Even more unsurprising, the more an RPG indulges the absence of an attention span (ala Skyrim, or Witcher 3) the greater its mass appeal.

It's why the isometric, exploration-driven RPG genre died out in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Nas92

Augur
Am I correct in assuming that the "Sorry, there are no assurances" in the Iovara conversation line gives my character major Cruel reputation?

Last edited:

Nas92

Augur
I managed to finish the game. Thaos was a challenge, he actually managed to fuck me up once, but the second time I managed to kill him with little resistance. You really have to make disabling and killing him the priority, he has some really nasty abilities that he only starts using after some time in the fight.

Does the game create some endgame save that I could import into Pillars of Eternity 2? Also when it comes to importing is there any fuckery that I should know about? For example, I played the first one through Steam, but right now it's on sale on GOG. That wouldn't cause any issues importing, would it?

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does the game create some endgame save that I could import into Pillars of Eternity 2? Also when it comes to importing is there any fuckery that I should know about? For example, I played the first one through Steam, but right now it's on sale on GOG. That wouldn't cause any issues importing, would it?

All versions of PoE use the same save folder so you're good.

Nas92

Augur
Weird, when I choose the save to be imported it says "Lighthouse" and shows only 5 party members instead of 6. The fuck is going on?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Weird, when I choose the save to be imported it says "Lighthouse" and shows only 5 party members instead of 6. The fuck is going on?
I feel like you had to search for the right save. Maybe based on the date of the save game? The one at the top of the list to import is not the right one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom