Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommendations for the GOTY 2021 thread

Ladonna

Arcane
Realms of Antiquity. It missed out last years as it was released December 30 2020.

Did Nox Archaist get on last year? It was released December 12 2020.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There's nothing.

Correct. Some years are just shit, no need to award the least rotten apple.
If you two faggots have nothing of value to contribute in this thread,then fuck off !!

The GOTY will be Wrath, despite it being completely undeserved. So I'd rather not have a GOTY vote at all.
This thread is for suggestion,not your persona bitching space. You are free to not vote or talk about games when the goty thread is made. Now stop cluttering this thread. If you have a suggestion,then post it.

fork

My suggestion if you think there has to be a goty this year is to wear a butt plug 24/7, maybe that's going to satisfy your faggot needs.

Sjukob

Arcane

The authors promised that the release will happen this year, we'll see if it actually happens.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
For JRPGs we only need:

DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS (old school blobber with Wizardry 1 influence and some whacky Japanese twists)

Shin Megami Tensei 5 (oldest Pokemon capturing JRPG, some of the best combat in the genre)

Also maybe Bravely Default II since it is a classical SNES JRPG with tons of classes and multiclassing that came to PC this year, but not that many people played it here on codex so not required.

Other Jarpigs released this year were not very codexian.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The only new rpgs I played this year was Wrath, (arguably) loop hero and (arguably) Magnum Rance. And colony ship, but it's early access. Hopefully the goty poll will enlighten me to some good game I missed.

vazha

Arcane
Banners of Ruin - it wont win anything, but definitely deserves a mention at least. Had a blast with it for 3 days and that rarely happens nowadays.

Vagrus - For all its flaws, its a solid effort nonetheless. Interesting to see what they will do next.

Wildermyth - Absolutely loathed the need to recycle heroes, but still a very neat game. Also looking forward to their next project.

Trudograd did nothing for me, and neither did Urtuk.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
another valueable lesson on the sublime mechanics of late-stage capitalistic democracy:

some "alternative" candidates for democratic authenticity, exclusively to qualify the elections already set result. 2021 GOTY already has been chosen, by kkKodex too*...

*numbers, aka (forum) user engagement

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Tranny games like Cuckfinder shouldn't be in the poll IMO, just replace with "I am a l1brul faget" option.
Also I nominate Vagrus: Riven Realms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom