Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

Zlaja

Arcane
Since when can cruel jokes not be funny? Is that person 12 or something? And if she thinks THAT milquetoast joke was cruel imagine her reaction to an actual cruel joke. Would probably break down in tears and start shaking.

Screenshot-20230509-132637.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The mood of the codex when a current year game comes out and lands flat on its face.

:excellent:

At least we can get some schadenfreude out of what is clearly a mismanaged and doomed project. Many such happenings in 2023.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
  • sixty-nine American dollarydoos and ninety-nine red cents
  • day-one DLC (twenty-nine American dollarydoos and ninety-nine red cents)
  • microtransactions
  • consolized from the ground up
  • requires two different accounts
  • requires two forms of DRM
  • riddled with bugs, performance issues
  • infested with woke bullshit
  • terrible writing
  • hand-holding gameplay
  • social media developer drama

This seems like a completely normal modern game. I first learned of its existence yesterday or perhaps the day before, skimmed (being generous here) the basics of the situation, and I genuinely can't fathom why this one's considered particularly bad by natives of the decline. It's sincerely become a mystery to me what differentiates slightly more playable unplayable garbage from slightly less playable unplayable garbage.

Fargus

Arcane
  • microtransactions
  • terrible writing
  • hand-holding gameplay

They should just list such things as features from now on.

Fargus

Arcane
At least we can get some schadenfreude out of what is clearly a mismanaged and doomed project. Many such happenings in 2023.

Not just "at least" for me and not just "some". I have no illusions and sincerely despise these greasy kikes and their affirmative action pets for what they done to the hobby i loved for many years. I enjoy the tears of normies that always defended this putrid shit as "just the way it is" and many still do. There is almost nothing sacred left for me so i wish to all these corporate ivory tower cocksuckers, faggot non gamers and diversity hires to fail with every fiber of my being and i'll take every ounce of joy out of seeing them fumble like drunken handicapped clowns at a 2 dollar circus all the damn time. Hearing about each new fail is like music to my ears. Lets drink to more upcoming fiascos, maybe we should all start betting which game will fail miserably next in a dedicated thread or something...

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • microtransactions
  • terrible writing
  • hand-holding gameplay
IMA stealing this and copy&pasting whereever I can.

Latelistener

Arcane
It's interesting that MS did postpone Starfield, although I'm 99% sure Toad & co were surely going to release it on 11.11.22 without their interference. Fans would most likely swallow it though.

So why didn't they postpone Redfall? It will never be a good game, but give it a year and maybe it could at least work properly most of the time.

Sarathiour

Cipher
  • microtransactions
  • terrible writing
  • hand-holding gameplay

This seems like a completely normal modern game. I first learned of its existence yesterday or perhaps the day before, skimmed (being generous here) the basics of the situation, and I genuinely can't fathom why this one's considered particularly bad by natives of the decline. It's sincerely become a mystery to me what differentiates slightly more playable unplayable garbage from slightly less playable unplayable garbage.
It's a matter of scale. Take your average modern city, you're going to run into plenty of filth and shit down the street. But if upon one of your causal stroll you end up running into something that could only be described as coming straight out of a pachyderm butthole, you're probably going to snap some pics to have a laugh with the boys later on.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Do we have any examples of people who praised Redfall in the preview and then roasted it in the review nine days later?

e:
Here's IGN with a positive preview:

and then a week later their reviewer calls the game bad:

What's up with that? And can we find an example where the previewer and the reviewer is the same person?

That happens because previews are done with pre-release review copies that devs provide with the disclaimer that some polishing is still being done and that issues will be fixed for the release version.

So I assume video game reviewers provide something of a pass for technical issues during the previews with the assumption that the developers are being honest about that. And heck, maybe the developers honestly do think they will be able to clean up many of the issues prior to release.

Also here is another youtube review. This time from a youtuber that is known for being very positive about the games he plays (he is even somewhat disliked by some codexers for defending Fallout 3 and 4) and finding something nice to say about them but who couldn't really find much of anything positive to say about Redfall.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You sure? As I understand Dishonored, Deathloop and Redfall are all part of the same world.

From watching a few videos for a short amount of time I have noticed quite a few objects (namely props like tools and storage containers) from Fallout 4 and 76.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's not a reference to dishonoered, they are just too lazy to create their own props.
You sure? As I understand Dishonored, Deathloop and Redfall are all part of the same world.

As I understand it, Deathloop is in the Dishonored setting, but Redfall is not (as you can find various references to the real world, including a globe). Unless they did some multiverse-type shenanigans.

That being said, I don't personally feel that the worldbuilding for the Dishonored setting is that interesting, so I don't really care.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's not a reference to dishonoered, they are just too lazy to create their own props.
"sure"? I couldn't care less about the arkane cinematic universe canon.

I'm just making a joke about how low effort the game is.
Are you sure you're not an Arkane Cinematic Universe Canon knower (A.C.U.C.K)?

(I'll show myself out)

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're part of the same universe. There's a video showing these "easter eggs" but they are more than just references, some of them have a place in some kind of museum with history (dishonored) about them. I'll post the video if I find it. Mostly speculation but I think that deathloop and redfall are some part of the consequences of the elimination of the intermediary between the Void and the world (the Outsider). Whatever.

agris

Arcane
Patron
dishonored 2 has more daily players than this turd, which is putting up Prey numbers one week after release...

1683751695131.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom