Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
Some SCLeaks:
  • "(Alpha 4.0) It's still on track for EOY (maybe not fully Live, but PTU like other EOY patches)"
  • "With pyro and meshing"
  • "Meshing has been in active testing for months. Mostly focused on client crash handling, server crash fixes, and friend list issues."
  • "Pyro is almost done, will probably get a "feature complete" announcement at Citcon"

Some copium.

there is absolutely no way in a million years that pyro is done by the end of the year.

Pyro was shown in detail last year at CitizenCon as well as its main station. It's pretty much done.
It's networking side that is holding them back.
Yes, and Squadron 42 was pretty much done in 2016, just a little more polish.

5 microissues left.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Pyro was shown in detail last year at CitizenCon as well as its main station. It's pretty much done.

Man, I bought SC in 2019 when it was a sure thing that SQ42 was going to launch in 2020. None of what CIG says regarding release dates or alleged progress on the game means jack shit. They always find something new to increase the scope with.

The Kickstarter was 11 years ago and we're waiting for them to release star system number 2. Of a promised 100 star systems.

Virgil Brummond

Educated
I weep for the state of Star Citizen and those that have been suckered into it at this point. But frankly that refund subreddit is equally fucking retarded. The complete lack of personal responsibility there is bordering on mental illness. I don't care how many dumb promises Roberts made. If you're spending 5 figures on a video game you need serious mental help for making expensive impulse buys without thinking of the consequences. That's money for a house. Not an early access video game.

Not everyone in the refunds sub gave Chris Roberts money. A lot of people are there for having a laugh at Chris Roberts, CIG and some of the more rabid fanboys.

Perkel

Arcane
As if they needed more feature creep. They are working ATM on converting normal audio to dynamic systemic one.

Star Citizen

Learned

Man, I bought SC in 2019 when it was a sure thing that SQ42 was going to launch in 2020. None of what CIG says regarding release dates or alleged progress on the game means jack shit. They always find something new to increase the scope with.

The Kickstarter was 11 years ago and we're waiting for them to release star system number 2. Of a promised 100 star systems.
Just be patient.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Just be patient.
I wonder how well that works with those 60+ folks with one foot in the grave

Perkel

Arcane
State of current patch. Went with friend:

- all box based missions (ups delivery, crash site searching, etc.) are pretty much unplayable as boxes tend to either stop responding, clip through, or magically come back to your hands after you put them.
- Lorville got rework. Previously around 50-70fps now 30fps on RTX3090/5800X3D/32GB ram lol. It looks nicer but yeah.
- Flying ship randomly loses sounds. Quantum stops producing sounds, your weapons despite firing them get quiet, main thrusters sound doesn't come
- Eating randomly breaks grabbing, so once you eat once you can't grab anything else.

Logged off after hour.

Probably worst patch state since i got access back in 3.9. 3.9 crashed every 30 minutes but at least basics more or less worked. This patch is inverse of that, no crashes but everything seems to break.

Myobi

Liturgist
Brah... it's an alpha, you got to be patient, soon as Box Tech is ready this won't be an issue anymore.

now 30fps
That's been good enough for console peasants for ages, so stop moaning! Plus, vulkan support is almost here! Also, the human eye can only see up to... ahhh... some frames anyway!

Flying ship randomly loses sounds
Stealth Tech.

once you eat once you can't grab anything else

Anti-morbid obesity tech... or something.... I guess.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just be patient.

A rare photo sent back from the future that shows all the Star Citizen backers on release day:

bone-664596_1280.jpg

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So I am genuinely curious, the few masochists left in this thread who like SC to some degree, haven't left yet, and have played Starfield, how do you feel about the two games? Outside of not having stuff like climbing ladders and parts of travel being replaced by loading screens. I went into SF pretty blind, and it's a lot more No Man's Sky stuff than I anticipated.

Perkel

Arcane
So I am genuinely curious, the few masochists left in this thread who like SC to some degree, haven't left yet, and have played Starfield, how do you feel about the two games? Outside of not having stuff like climbing ladders and parts of travel being replaced by loading screens. I went into SF pretty blind, and it's a lot more No Man's Sky stuff than I anticipated.

SF is No Man's Sky made by more than 4 people with all of it's problems.
SC is essentially arma in space + gta ? At least this is what they are attempting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom