Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Welcome to our new edition of EXTREME HORSE PARKING !

kcd015.jpg

Bring your horse to work day.

kcd016.jpg

Reaching new heights in horsemanship.

kcd017.jpg

Today's horse tricks brought to you by a wench having a nightmare.

kcd014.jpg

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Franko is really back and he doesn't fuck around.
20240625182529-1.jpg

Good to know that the Golden Train is near Szczecin.
20240625182925-1.jpg

I can confirm that we have NWO bar on Wały Chrobrego where elites gather and make plans to destroy Europe. Nice place.
Still, kind of shame that Wały Chrobrego level doesn't have the stairs and the Hercules statue. It would be an amazing place for some kind of arena fight.
20240625184328-1.jpg

Guess what sword you can use to kill the Boss of All Bosses. Yup. A single tear rolled down my face, then turned into a white crowned eagle and flew away.
20240625203913-1.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
uTRyON.jpg

IFYYmm.jpg

Rate my setup.

hrFEwt.jpg

e4D6df.jpg

Playing pool one-handed.

JEdiQb.jpg

k1hZ9f.jpg

dPfIft.jpg

ng37eq.jpg

TvRrBk.jpg

They should make a pure hoverbike racing DLC. That would have been better.

7lqS5C.jpg

LMG1qC.jpg

Flip a switch. Explosions.

UE8qyd.jpg

3rd person boss fight.

18h7n4.jpg

8O6waq.jpg

t2ErYM.jpg

JLFzXB.jpg

YyBQFg.jpg

This looks familiar...
sNMU8x.jpg

Hqp7M1.jpg

Pushover boss.

efyQ4P.jpg

x5FBk9.png

84KHrt.png

vBdqXN.png

............... :M :M :M :M ................ :M :M :M
:M :M ........... :M :M ...... :M :M ..... :M.....

8OJT8S.png

EzjZ6F.png

owZuiG.png

5kN8iK.png

N1ryCB.png

AACYn1.png

Free the kitties.

gCuOxP.png

POLffA.png

2EfTAK.png

tva64H.png

My modest collection of eggs.

spekkio

Arcane
Metroid - Zero Mission

Sorry 'bout the .pngs, but due to the shader used, .jpgs come out even bigger. :oops:

So, I had a blast playing the game and couldn't understand why some people criticize it. Until I killed the Mother Brain and reached the endga... Oh, wait...

:datass:

:roll:

:decline:

Stealth section? In a Metroid game?

Funny thing is, I've completed the game back in 2009, and still remember some "fun" parts of it. But I completely erased this new section from my memory. I was totally surprised when I've reached it. :lol:

Anyway, enabled some AR codes and waded through this shit ASAP.

:incline:

Time to take out the trash:

Notto disu shitto agen...

Fuck, not this shit too... :roll:

:yeah:

:bounce:

OFC I'm not autistic enough to get all the secrets the kosher way. I value my sanity and controller too much:

Esp. when there's the saner option:

cheats = 2

cheat0_desc = "Break Blocks With Beam / Bomb"
cheat0_code = "00000000+1C02C91E 000046C0+00000000 00000000+1E02C8F5 0000E001+00000000"
cheat0_enable = false

cheat1_desc = "Walk Through Walls"
cheat1_code = "00000000 18002C7D+0000E007 00000000+00000000 1A002C99+0000E007 00000000"
cheat1_enable = false

Next mission? Why not!

Nah, not you. You:

:dance:

Verdict:
  • Everything up to Tourian (section leading up to the battle against the Mother Brain): :5/5:
  • Tourian itzself: :2/5:
  • Stealth section in Chozodia: :0/5:
  • Chozodia with guns: :2/5:
Overall: :3/5:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
scrmap50000.png

EL DERP

scrmap70000.png

:shredder:

scrmap90000.png

scrmap90002.png

ALIEN BEANS!

scrmap90003.png

scrmap90004.png

men i'm not sure if we're still in egypt

scrmap100000.png

oy vey

scrmap100001.png

nice butt

scrmap100002.png

here comes SET

BE AFRAID

scrmap100003.png

because he jumps around the map like a fucking spastic and can jump on top of this central structure here and get terminally stuck

good that the buildgdx port has saving unlike the original's stupid checkpoints

scrmap100004.png

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA MOTHERFUCKER

scrmap100006.png

:yeah:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Monsters of Mican
611ProjectMMWin64Shippi.jpg
8f4ProjectMMWin64Shippi.jpg

What a beauty.
Despite how awesome this spell sounds it ended up being useless for me.
While it does combine all of your stats and skills into one character it doesn't combine their abilities. He/she/whaterthefuckisit also comes pre-equpped with a 200 damage sword in which none of my characters are proficient which resulted in it being useless.
Seems like you will need to have a high sword skill and the same armor skill on all of your characters in order to make the most out of this spell.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ghostware fizzles out after a handful of standard botmatches. The concept is interesting enough I suppose, that a corporation started developing a VR version when real-life bloodports between convicts were banned, and that you're escaping the matrix of the arena shooter out into the real world. It's badly executed though and instead of the breach into reality being a highpoint the level design gets worse and the game starts to play like a very unpolished corridor shooter, with entirely braindead enemies.

d2Rsngf.png

The soundtrack makes it seem like they were going for the opening of Unreal here, when you get out of the crashed prison ship and the game wows you with vistas as the tracker music swells, only in this case it's the game taking a dive to Prosper-town with worse level design than in the faux-multiplayer maps.

Ktqzbfk.png

At the start of the game you might think this will be some ensemble affair, a group of people thrown into the digital world of a dead multiplayer shooter, like an out there 90's TV show, but it doesn't stick to that and does little with the cast.

mXMtHmG.png

The plot is very disjointed and poorly delivered, can't say it hooked me, and I'm at a point in the game when you're expected to care about the story. It's also turning into a bit of a metroidvania now, with special abilities that let you access secret areas.

ekEWFVE.png

There's a rudimentary in-game browser with 90's styled websites and forums, which is neat.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Unreal 2 could've been so much more...
Digital Extremes had been what made the first game what it was but they were not interested in singleplayer games back then, kept milking the Tournament spin-off series instead. So the sequel was bound to be different being made by Legend, but right away it hits you how something went very wrong, the walking speed is that of a snail. But they didn't intentionally fuck it up, there's a lot of callbacks to the first game, the sequence of lights being turned off, monsters from the first game being used for target practice, with a comment by the tutorial guy how they weren't realistic.

Legend was truly great back when they were making adventure games and the concept of jumping between worlds in Unreal 2 echoes of Gateway, which is not very well remembered these days but it should be. It's a solid game concept, and it's the reason I returned to it, there is still no definitive version of the space cowboy bounty hunter idea out there. Personally I'd have preferred something like a mix of Hitman and Thief, a mission based game with 90's edge, not corridors but also not open world slop, in this sort of setting. Prey 2 promised to be this but for the console generation of shooters if Human Head hadn't been victims of the Altman milestone rejected scam. The Dark Forces games were some approximation of it, but being tied to the Star Wars setting and license they were limited in what they could do.

It's not a bad direction for Unreal to go in, a next logical step in some regards, after having been wowed with the one planet, now we got several and very varied ones. It's just the execution that falters, and a lot of cut content and a rushed release didn't help what was there. The intermissions on the ship with changing details is pretty cool, and the basic conversation trees between missions is a precursor to something like Mass Effect, giving you a taste of what is a staple in science fiction TV shows, the crew interactions.

GT Interactive had been acquired by Infogrames, and since they owned Legend they got shafted as well, and this really shows in the production. Conceptually it's great, going to a living planet for example to do recon, but when the mission starts you're hit with the undeniable fact that fundamentals like moving around and the act of shooting sucks. And although it's good on paper, the multitude of worlds removes the sense of the great journey you got in the first game, it's more disjointed. It's a shame, at least it gives me something to play while waiting for the next Fortune's Run update to drop, that's the only post-Prey 2 cancellation game trying to make the concept come alive that I'm aware of. Maybe this niche is just cursed.

I'm also starting a System Shock run.
I like it better than System Shock 2.
This one's a Cyberpunk FPS dungeon crawler.
It's high time it was recognized for what it was, the cyberpunk version of Ultime Underworld, a game with a strong RPG lineage that Ken Levine destroyed with his cinematic Hollywood slop that was SS2. People new to the series just don't conceive of it this way and think it was supposed to be Bioshock in space.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom