Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment So is Tides of Numenera actually worth a damn?

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Can someone translate this into people talk for me please?

Sorry, bro, but it's no surprise you can't comprehend basic English. Typical of Americans too.

Also, your "pretending to be Cleve" bit is really pathetic. But keep trying, it's fun seeing failures fail.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Sorry, bro, but it's no surprise you can't comprehend basic English. Typical of Americans too.

Also, your "pretending to be Cleve" bit is really pathetic. But keep trying, it's fun seeing failures fail.

Hey, bro! Surfs up, dude! You have, like, completely mastered English and shit.

This is getting really annoying. Not only have the people that actually like rpgs left, but all the people that could actually make a grown-up attempt at insulting have also left. I’m sure if I was the average 14 year old codex member this may have cut me deeply. I’m in my early 40s (almost mid now I guess). You comparing myself to Cleve is not an insult. I look up to him. I think he is smart, articulate, knowledgeable, and way, way more intelligent than all of you fucking retards. Plus, he has made one of the best blobbers in the whole of recorded history. He also can be really funny. Plus he realizes my people have much denser bones than lesser peoples and that is one factor in which I am far superior to you filthy, stupid children. You basically compared me to the Stephen Hawking of this site, but a Stephen Hawking with near-adamantine bones and a whole and hearty body.

Your insult was a very nice compliment. Insults should hurt. That’s their function. You suck at this even worse than most of your retarded, children compadres that make up the vast bulk of this community. And at least you can tell they don’t try too hard. You actually did and that is what is bothering me.

I’d like you to take another crack at it, but this time try using your brain more and your personality less.

Codex Year of the Donut
Why'd you fuckers all lie to me again.

Been playing this the last couple of days and having a lot of fun with it.

+M
gets progressively worse
eventually you'll get to the one combat sequence(you'll know it, everyone knows what I'm referring to), wonder how it even got past a playtest, realize you're playing a mediocre book full of ugly people and just quit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why'd you fuckers all lie to me again.

Been playing this the last couple of days and having a lot of fun with it.

+M
gets progressively worse
eventually you'll get to the one combat sequence(you'll know it, everyone knows what I'm referring to), wonder how it even got past a playtest, realize you're playing a mediocre book full of ugly people and just quit.
The shadow attacking the retards?

Wulfstand

Prophet
If the price is heavily discounted, then yes. I really enjoyed the Hive, but that's about it. 15 euros or less.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

This is getting really annoying. Not only have the people that actually like rpgs left, but all the people that could actually make a grown-up attempt at insulting have also left. I’m sure if I was the average 14 year old codex member this may have cut me deeply. I’m in my early 40s (almost mid now I guess). You comparing myself to Cleve is not an insult. I look up to him. I think he is smart, articulate, knowledgeable, and way, way more intelligent than all of you fucking retards. Plus, he has made one of the best blobbers in the whole of recorded history. He also can be really funny. Plus he realizes my people have much denser bones than lesser peoples and that is one factor in which I am far superior to you filthy, stupid children. You basically compared me to the Stephen Hawking of this site, but a Stephen Hawking with near-adamantine bones and a whole and hearty body.

Your insult was a very nice compliment. Insults should hurt. That’s their function. You suck at this even worse than most of your retarded, children compadres that make up the vast bulk of this community. And at least you can tell they don’t try too hard. You actually did and that is what is bothering me.

I’d like you to take another crack at it, but this time try using your brain more and your personality less.

Except, if you were not an illiterate American, you would have realized that I did not compare you with Cleve. Only an illiterate would call that a comparison.
What I did was tell you that you're desperately trying to sound like him, but you're failing. Because you don't have neither his intelligence or his sense of humor. What you have is a big mouth and an empty skull. Typical of the average illiterate American.

But sure, keep projecting and dodging and blabbering about good taste in RPGs while praising garbage like W2 and TTON.

You still didn't answer me how many women you saved from rape, by the way.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Except, if you were not an illiterate American, you would have realized that I did not compare you with Cleve. Only an illiterate would call that a comparison.
What I did was tell you that you're desperately trying to sound like him, but you're failing. Because you don't have neither his intelligence or his sense of humor. What you have is a big mouth and an empty skull. Typical of the average illiterate American.

But sure, keep projecting and dodging and blabbering about good taste in RPGs while praising garbage like W2 and TTON.

You still didn't answer me how many women you saved from rape, by the way.

Hey, dude bro!

I have no recollection of you asking me about any heroic exploits I may or may not have engaged in saving the ladies from the rape. When did you ask this and how the fuck did it come up?

I see I have angered you beyond reason. You seem to really hate me because I am from America, the greatest country the world has ever known. I did not ask to be born into the greatest country in the world, just as you did not ask to be born a savage barbarian in whatever shithole country you hail from. But savage barbarians gonna savage barbarically. I forgive you.

I can also excuse you for being a little child and not understanding concepts like history or chronology. I freely admit I look up to Cleve and enjoy his fantastic crpg greatly, but history and chronology shows I have always been like myself going back to the early days of rpgdot. Cleve is more likely smarter and is definitely more entertaining than I am. He is, along with Ghan BurgerKing and ESOETHING, one of the few people I know for certain I wouldn't destroy in any type of intelligence test. I think he would beat my handily. The truth is, even if I tried to copy his style I couldn't. No more than a retarded kid like you could copy mine.

Again, I forgive you for being so stupid and for being a savage barbarian from a really shitty and insignificant country, and for holding such enormous amounts of rage against me and my countrymen for being better than you, smarter than you, and from a way better and more important place than you. Your rage makes as much sense as being mad at the moon for controlling the tides so well, which means you are a crazy racist and a stupid piece of shit. But I still forgive you.

Will you be my online girlfriend please?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I figured this is the best place to ask. So is it?
The Crisis System was a brilliant take on turn-based tactics. Worth 1 play-through for that.

Just try to forget how Monte™ stunted it and the InXile team because they didn't like seeing Numa build too much acclaim outside the Tabletop/Storytelling format. Once these settings become more recognisable due to CRPG mechanics, the authors get increasingly obtrusive. (That's why Baldur's Gate never made it to 3)

Too bad for Monte™ though, cause without the Video Game, no one would've given a second glance to Numenera - the writing speaks for itself lol.

I'm aiming for "flawed gem"

I agree, in the sense than a lump of carbon is a gem whose only flaw is that its entire physical state must be radically and fundamentally altered.
I assume he's talking about the book, not Numenera.

The one and only, and brave.

rating_lulz.gif

HQbOwQQ.png

Last edited:
Is it possible for you to publish other numenera papers having thoughts of this kind, so when I have constipation problem I just read them and go right after to wc?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Is it possible for you to publish other numenera papers having thoughts of this kind
Haha go dig them up if you want, good for a laugh. Worst part isn't even the source material in this case, it's outweighed by how arrogantly the themes are projected to you - not an ounce of subtlety or doubt. The person who wrote it thinks it's prophetic/non-fiction, and so should you lol.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To answer the original question:

The game is perfect for you if you liked D:OS 2, but want even more exposition in a much shorter game.

The systems' depth and difficulty are at the same level.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Finally tried the game after repeating the don't-believe-everything-you-hear mantra about a 100 times. Didn't work, game is abhorrent in the most boring way possible. Terrible writing, swing-and-a-miss gameplay, anything-goes-world trivializes everything AND THE PC MOVES LIKE A FUCKING ICE-SKATER. Disgusting.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Everything else aside, all the cringe ignored, but by writing "presented just one option" you immediately fail at basic writing.
Who "presented just one option"? They did? They don't, nor do they limit, anything - even editing/content standards hahah. Nothing wrong with that. Just makes them niche.

"We often use words like "wife" or "married" or "gender" when writing about relationships and roles in the Ninth World, but those words aren't meant to be exact replicas of how we use them today. Instead , they are chosen to capture the flavor and parameters of a person's role within a relationship of their body."

..."Heaven's Gate" niche
rating_lulz.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom