Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

The hardest part of the game is the very first dungeon with all the soraks. After that, the game gets progressively easier.
I had no problem with that, but I had my first TPK against the flying lizard wizard of infinite nukes along with his 5+ bros. Looks like the fight might kick off with a cutscene too so I'm not sure I can even catch them flat footed, but it's possible the cutscene fired because I charged into the room instead of sneaking. Not quite sure how I'm even going to handle that, feels pretty rough at level 3.

But phantom spiders are sneaky to, don't worry.
Those damn assholes. Got my thief leaping and climbing around looting the bajesus out of that room and then all of a sudden surrounded by bugs. Fortunately the normal spiders are pushovers, the phantom ones are the only hassle.

Jinn

Arcane
Pretty impressed so far at 4 hours in. Great combat, excellent use of the ruleset, interesting character interactions with alignment and characteristics. Obviously going to continue to reserve my judgement until I play longer, but overall, I feel it's been a long time since I played something like this, and I'm happy with what I'm seeing.

In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever played anything quite like this.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Make sure you have someone with high athletics because you will need him to get loot because there is a lot jumping around without another way to get the loot.

OR jump spell/potion.

This is not something new. Menzoberranzan had parts which required fly/jump.

A combat that will take 5-10 minutes in another game it will take like 30-40 minutes in this shit.

Nope. Is more due 5E ruleset and slow animations than due verticality.

Тhis is the fight I complained about during early access too. This is the only fight in which the mobs do this, it is very annoying and wastes your time

If you hide and approach then from a privileged location, you can make the fight 90% easier.

V_K

Arcane
I had no problem with that, but I had my first TPK against the flying lizard wizard of infinite nukes along with his 5+ bros. Looks like the fight might kick off with a cutscene too so I'm not sure I can even catch them flat footed, but it's possible the cutscene fired because I charged into the room instead of sneaking. Not quite sure how I'm even going to handle that, feels pretty rough at level 3.
If you're talking about the Manacalon Ruin fight, you can totally stealth your way into position and get a surprise round. There are even some conveniently places nooks for your sneaky snipers. The cutsecene just plays during the first round then.

If you're talking about the Manacalon Ruin fight, you can totally stealth your way into position and get a surprise round. There are even some conveniently places nooks for your sneaky snipers. The cutsecene just plays during the first round then.
Oh, nice. I was going balls to the wall just because everything had been reasonable up to that point and I was figuring if there were enemies I could stealth (Similar to the cultists, had my warning and then got sneaky) so I was concerned I'd be on even footing each time. I'll give it another whirl tomorrow and take advantage of that camp for a full rest to recharge my spells, and that combined with a round of free combat should probably do it. Wizard will still be a fucker but if I can cut down most of the regular mooks before he arrives/flies over that'll make things a lot easier.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahaha the writing is so fucking bad lol. So i have to find lizard thing head,i do side quests and end up fighting two lizardtards,then on the way to the "head" i get ambushed by group of lizardtards,but nah,we need a special lizardtard head lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhhh that is what i am saying,slow animations + endless running around and jumping and climbing = a shit ton of waste time. Tho at least the speed hack does work fine with the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ahhhh that is what i am saying,slow animations + endless running around and jumping and climbing = a shit ton of waste time. Tho at least the speed hack does work fine with the game.

Why you don't put 200% damage taken and 50% enemy health? It would not make the game lethal as a 2E game, but will drastically increases the lethality of the game. You can also give bonuses to both(you and enemies) and make missing rarer. I will play authentic on my first run, but if I replay the game, I will do this changes to increase the lethality of the game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Reminder that the sneaky sack of shit who made the post about 'trans people' and is banning people left and right has been roaming around here as a patron and with a super-special tag.

image.png

Make me admin. It's time the Codex had some honesty.
No need. Just tell Resetera that he is a patron on Codex and see what happens..

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wizard will still be a fucker but if I can cut down most of the regular mooks before he arrives/flies over that'll make things a lot easier.
That piece of lizard shit is a real pain in the ass. I can't prove it, but I'm sure he is cheating somehow, he can't seriously have two hundred slots to waste on Shield and Counterspell. The best way to deal with him is to bait him into wasting his reaction on countering a weak spell and then throw everything you have at him while he can't use Shield. Usually a good arrow from a Ranger with Hunter's Mark is enough to break his concentration. Laughing at him while it crashes into the ground is a 10/10 feeling.

Buahahaha the writing is so fucking bad lol. So i have to find lizard thing head,i do side quests and end up fighting two lizardtards,then on the way to the "head" i get ambushed by group of lizardtards,but nah,we need a special lizardtard head lol.
The best thing about that part is that YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SORRAK BODY PIECES ON YOU, because they drop their stings and you can loot around three or four of those in the first dungeon.

Black

Arcane
This is unthinkable and cancelworthy. Only 3 sets of pronouns? What about the rest of them? Do you not feel for the marginalized victims? You are literally murdering all the troones that use different pronouns, erasing their existence.
Kinda based tbh.

V_K

Arcane
The best thing about that part is that YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SORRAK BODY PIECES ON YOU, because they drop their stings and you can loot around three or four of those in the first dungeon.
Yeah, that's the weakest point in the story. Thankfully, it gets better from there.
On the other hand, huge respect to them for the final chapter acknowledging that resurrection spells exist in DnD and even making it play a big role in the story.

Larianshill

Arbiter
That piece of lizard shit is a real pain in the ass. I can't prove it, but I'm sure he is cheating somehow
I AM NOT CRAZY! I am not crazy. I know he added more spellslots. Three level three spell slots, as in half the level. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just - I just couldn't prove it. He covered his tracks, he got those shields to throw me off. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That council meeting! You're telling me adventurers just kill mythical creatures, and happen to not bring proof?! No! They've orchestrated it! Soraks!

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

so, in your eyes, all LIzards look the same ?

:philosoraptor:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is unthinkable and cancelworthy. Only 3 sets of pronouns? What about the rest of them? Do you not feel for the marginalized victims? You are literally murdering all the troones that use different pronouns, erasing their existence.
Kinda based tbh.
Do the party members ever refer to one another with pronouns? Two party members talking about a third? I don't remember such a thing. That would be pretty difficult to implement with the personality tags I imagine.

jackofshadows

Magister
C78290D0A32DDDBB470E6FF9C491581CCE519C59

Yeah, it was a tough fight as some here were saying for a 2 lvl party. Were too many misses even with blessing and shit. Fortunately, my fighter did tank with his half-dead carcass quite well (used npc's stabilize cantrip like 5-6 times on him). This corpse-tanking reminded me of some other 5e based game... can't remember the title, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Playing on 4th difficulty btw, no extreme. Maybe will tune it up later if it'll become too easy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Torrents of misses aren't uncommon in 5E, that's why we've started experimenting with using 2d10 instead of 1d20.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom