Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine short men with beards achieving anything in 2021.

Maybe manboobs.

Fuck dwarves.

You're right, in 2021, only short women with beards can achieve anything.

It's a misconception about the place , there's people who play games, some expert at it ,you can easily identify them in threads , most of them like a good presentation ,to them graphics doesnt matter much . Very few amongst codexers really dont care of graphics at all ,thats less than ten people on the codex.

I was thinking more in the lines of codexers who frequent (and play) the stuff in the obscure rpgs thread. tbh, given the context and limitations of the systems, I don't consider GB games to be ugly. On the contrary, they're quite charming, and if we look at the Amiga ports there's even some pretty kickass monster portraits and whatnot.

Mortmal , go hang yourself, everyone remembers your butthurt in the KotC 2 topic...

About goldbox games, it's not the graphics but mainly the UI that prevents most people from enjoying them.
Also, there's a difference between not caring about mui graphics and not wanting to playing something with a disgusting woke artstyle or ugly 3 colors retro-look-alike-cashgrab.

Way more people than you think don't care about graphics, here on the codex, you just don't know what you're talking about.
It's not about graphics or GUIs, it's about the fact that for the last several years the discussion here is dominated in most threads by people who enjoy "discussing" politics rather than games. There were moderators here who at least marginally kept things on topic once. Now its Yeats all day, boys.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

I don't want to start a massive tangent on this, it has been discussed to death in other threads, but that said, have you ever thought that in most games there is way more "politics" to discuss in recent years?

A lot of those "politics" are having direct impacts on game quality. Should we no longer discuss the quality of games?

On topic:

Performance issues aside, I've heard that there are quite a lot of bugs in late game content that wasn't covered by the early access. Is that true or an exaggeration?

Mortmal

Arcane
Imagine short men with beards achieving anything in 2021.

Maybe manboobs.

Fuck dwarves.

You're right, in 2021, only short women with beards can achieve anything.

It's a misconception about the place , there's people who play games, some expert at it ,you can easily identify them in threads , most of them like a good presentation ,to them graphics doesnt matter much . Very few amongst codexers really dont care of graphics at all ,thats less than ten people on the codex.

I was thinking more in the lines of codexers who frequent (and play) the stuff in the obscure rpgs thread. tbh, given the context and limitations of the systems, I don't consider GB games to be ugly. On the contrary, they're quite charming, and if we look at the Amiga ports there's even some pretty kickass monster portraits and whatnot.

Mortmal , go hang yourself, everyone remembers your butthurt in the KotC 2 topic...

About goldbox games, it's not the graphics but mainly the UI that prevents most people from enjoying them.
Also, there's a difference between not caring about mui graphics and not wanting to playing something with a disgusting woke artstyle or ugly 3 colors retro-look-alike-cashgrab.

Way more people than you think don't care about graphics, here on the codex, you just don't know what you're talking about.
It's not about graphics or GUIs, it's about the fact that for the last several years the discussion here is dominated in most threads by people who enjoy "discussing" politics rather than games. There were moderators here who at least marginally kept things on topic once. Now its Yeats all day, boys.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

I don't want to start a massive tangent on this, it has been discussed to death in other threads, but that said, have you ever thought that in most games there is way more "politics" to discuss in recent years?

A lot of those "politics" are having direct impacts on game quality. Should we no longer discuss the quality of games?

On topic:

Performance issues aside, I've heard that there are quite a lot of bugs in late game content that wasn't covered by the early access. Is that true or an exaggeration?
Few bugs, i already reported some , but i remember some other glitch now. In lava forest where you get ambushed by elementals and skels after a few explosives traps. Two big elementals are stuck mid air , could be cause of casting guardian spirits with the cleric so they have no range attack and getting in melee damage them thus they are frozen unable to act.
Else it's in a much better shape than any rpg recently released.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm stuck on a quest in the kickstarter full version:
Has anyone managed to solve the puzzle to enter the Temple of the Lost God? I've tried positioning my party members on the pressure plates in line with the patterns shown on the wall, but nothing happens. Am I missing something, or is it bugged somehow?

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm stuck on a quest in the kickstarter full version:
Has anyone managed to solve the puzzle to enter the Temple of the Lost God? I've tried positioning my party members on the pressure plates in line with the patterns shown on the wall, but nothing happens. Am I missing something, or is it bugged somehow?
yes you find a manual by the wall, one hidden stone press ALT to highlight it , then you start by "drawing" a square on the bottom right corner by stepping on 4 plates, then you notice the figure highlight on the wall , with a few more next to it still dark . You then move one of the character of the plate and notice the figure stay highlighted, place this character on another pressure plate to start drawing the parrallelogram, then move a second character to another pressure plate . After this you have to procceed the same way , to slowly draw every figures.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm now looking for the stones and almost all my characters still only have armor for their tors. I've got to start making money, or should I try to craft stuff, instead?

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm now looking for the stones and almost all my characters still only have armor for their tors. I've got to start making money, or should I try to craft stuff, instead?
Some crafting items are very good , the items dealing elemental damage especially , else the antiquatarian have the best stuff, then if i'd pick another vendor its council for premade +2 items. If you want to make money just dont die and sell the resurect and revivify scrolls.

V_K

Arcane
I'm now looking for the stones and almost all my characters still only have armor for their tors.
AC generally only comes from torso armor and shields. The rest of the slots are reserved for special magical items - i.e you will find some but they are rare (don't be like me and remember to cast identify on anything that looks like junk with no stat bonuses specified). I don't think I ever found crafting recipes for these slots. Crafting is still worth it though (never thought I'd be saying that about any game) - it's very painless you can make some nice enchanted weapons. Otherwise, as Mortmal said, Antiquarians are your best friends, they sell some very fun stuff. Pretty easy to please too.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks guys. I'll remember that. I tried to get positive relations with the Tower of Knowledge and Arcaneum, but I will sell more of the relevant stuff to the Antiquarians.

I've done two background quests, but haven't found the other two in my party.

Party is level 5, and it is now that I feel that the cleric is getting really strong. Finally having two attacks with the fighter is also mighty useful.

Oh, and I did sell two magnificent items early on, until I wondered wtf was up with them and used the Identify spell. Boy, did I feel like a moron.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thanks guys. I'll remember that. I tried to get positive relations with the Tower of Knowledge and Arcaneum, but I will sell more of the relevant stuff to the Antiquarians.

I've done two background quests, but haven't found the other two in my party.

Party is level 5, and it is now that I feel that the cleric is getting really strong. Finally having two attacks with the fighter is also mighty useful.

Oh, and I did sell two magnificent items early on, until I wondered wtf was up with them and used the Identify spell. Boy, did I feel like a moron.
No you are not a moron , everyone made the mistake once, we aren't just used to good gameplay mechanisms anymore. it used to be norm to have to identify magic items, some even were cursed, i miss those times.

Harthwain

Magister
I remember playing the demo and it took me some time to figure out how to identify items via the ritual. Frankly, this alone makes a mage really useful, because identifying items on the go is fairly quick and you don't have to pay for it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turns out you can be a chatty killer.

I persuaded Aksha to let me through, then killed her. Although the battle is very very intense. You have to DPS her down fast.

Inspectah

Savant
Turns out you can be a chatty killer.

I persuaded Aksha to let me through, then killed her. Although the battle is very very intense. You have to DPS her down fast.
I did the same, but because I figured "How hard can It be to Just loot this one drawer" and ended up sending my thief to steal her shit while holding a torch.
This game is crazy good, just wish they would make a proper GUI, that floating, transparent blue phone interface Just looks so out of place
come to think of It, would the torch make any difference? She for sure has DV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Must be some kind of deformed ugly mutants that play them....maybe jews.

Elfwankers never change.

g87hSjr.png
Just saw this and gave me a laugh.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
She doesn't give a flying fuck. You can have all the advantages on Stealth, and the Elven cloak that gives disadvantages on detect, she still sees right through you.

V_K

Arcane
Ok, am I dumb or is the arena bugged?
I finished all 4 fights, including the optional one, in the arena section of The Id level and pressed the pressure plate, but the entrance stays closed. I don't see anything interactive in that room either. Am I missing something?

Mortmal

Arcane
I finished all 4 fights, including the optional one, in the arena section of The Id level and pressed the pressure plate, but the entrance stays closed. I don't see anything interactive in that room either. Am I missing something?
you have to climb up a bit and push a cube , past the passage that just opened up , path is not really obvious . Had the exact same though, as with the numerous botched releases nowadays you never know when you need to look further and when its a bug.

V_K

Arcane
you have to climb up a bit and push a cube , past the passage that just opened up , path is not really obvious .
Yeah, just found it. The dungeon being dark doesn't help either.
Had the exact same though, as with the numerous botched releases nowadays you never know when you need to look further and when its a bug.
Well, Solasta isn't exactly bug-free itself - I can't, for example, finish the lawkeeper quest because the sewer grate never became interactive for me.

Mortmal

Arcane
you have to climb up a bit and push a cube , past the passage that just opened up , path is not really obvious .
Yeah, just found it. The dungeon being dark doesn't help either.
Had the exact same though, as with the numerous botched releases nowadays you never know when you need to look further and when its a bug.
Well, Solasta isn't exactly bug-free itself - I can't, for example, finish the lawkeeper quest because the sewer grate never became interactive for me.
Was able to do this one luckily , but well solasta is in pristine state compare to king maker, i still have nightmares and wake up screaming cause of playing that at release.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
4 days till the launch of the best low level D&D game for us non backers. Did anyone finished the game here? There is a large boss battle? I really wanna fight large creatures with all verticality on Solasta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom