Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - sequel to Fallen Order

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I COULDNT GET PAST THE FIRST GAME FIRST LEVEL

A STAR WARS SETTING AND YOU HAVE TO KILL A BUNCH OF BUGS AND SHIT THAT WAS LAME AS FUCK

Larianshill

Arbiter
Scratch the part about no issues - I've encountered two freezes. Annoying, hopefully they fix it.

Trithne

Erudite
The problem is that they have to have Vader because otherwise it's not Star Wars enough for them. We have to show you the Things You Remember so you'll get excited. They don't care about plot consistency and characterisation, he's just a memberberry they throw at the fanbase that mostly eats it up, and shouts down the minority that points out the flaws in this approach.

Bob Feet is in the game too, btw.

I got this game for "free" with a purchase of an AMD CPU for a PC I had just recently built for myself. I was hoping this game would be a good enough showcase for it but alas, it appears to only be a good showcase for the state of AAA games on PC.

I liked the game well-enough as a mostly brainless exercise in hack n' slashing and only had a few stutters but after I got to the first world, the game got crash happy. Then, I got to the second world and I cannot progress at all without it crashing in the same spot.

Oh well, it was a fun enough 7 hours while it lasted. Guess I'll come back in a year when all these issues are fixed.

It is finally

Dead

If I never see Darth Vader again, it won't be soon enough. Comical how many uncharacteristically intense encounters he supposedly had between trilogies now. Sick and tired of this period in the timeline.

This shit again? With the exception of Rogue One, Darth Vader is shown to be this super powerful indestructible demigod wielder of The Force but you go back in the movies and he's this lumbering Frankenstein's monster who yells at everyone and, at most, cuts off Luke's hand and kills an Officer for being too uppity. I guess the original trilogy crew just got immensely lucky and caught him on his downtime. Either that or Lucasfilm will just forever validate their childish fanbase's obsession with this action figure.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Rogue One's depiction was stupid too, guy. Doing so much in close proximity was out of character for him. Whole thing felt like needless fanservice.

Last edited:
Rogue One's depiction was stupid too, guy. Doing so much in close proximity was out of character for him. Whole thing felt like needless fanservice.

It was, but out of all the appearances he's made outside of the original trilogy (that I've seen, I haven't seen Obi-Wan on Disney Plus but I'm not going to watch that), Rogue One was the most restrained and the only one I could plausibly see him doing. He made a shitty pun and just killed a hallway full of rebels. Compare that to Fallen Order where the guy essentially destroys an entire underwater base in a matter of minutes.

I also didn't like Rogue One very much.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Combat is awesome.
Fun combat
they nailed the combat side really well
Controls are unresponsive, most combat mechanics are unintuitive, mobs movement is weird and glitchy, mobs have unblockable attacks, enemies rotate on the spot or slide closer to the main character, parry doesn't work like in DaS, the poise system is trash, the powers are underwhelming and overall the combat is simply not fluid.

On the last difficulty tier the combat is completly broken and each fight is a mess. Basically it's impossible to feel like a powerful Jedi on the last difficulty because you die in like 5 hits from any mob.

Did you all play on Story Journalist mode?
Come home, friends.

maxresdefault.jpg

DemonKing

Arcane
Combat is awesome.
Fun combat
they nailed the combat side really well
Controls are unresponsive, most combat mechanics are unintuitive, mobs movement is weird and glitchy, mobs have unblockable attacks, enemies rotate on the spot or slide closer to the main character, parry doesn't work like in DaS, the poise system is trash, the powers are underwhelming and overall the combat is simply not fluid.

On the last difficulty tier the combat is completly broken and each fight is a mess. Basically it's impossible to feel like a powerful Jedi on the last difficulty because you die in like 5 hits from any mob.

Did you all play on Story Journalist mode?
Come home, friends.

maxresdefault.jpg
Not prestigious enough:

5989670-star-wars-jedi-knight-dark-forces-ii-windows-other.jpg

Larianshill

Arbiter
Got to Jedha. Liking this game a lot. Enemy variety is higher, the plot focuses on characters I actually like, they give you more Force powers, although I do miss Slow being a part of the puzzles, it felt like Cal's signature ability. Apart from two freezes, I still did not encounter any significant issues.

There was a funny bug, when a creature that is supposed to pursue you and instakill you if it catches up, suddenly fell over dead for no reason, and the game gave me exp for it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ever since he bought that pick-up landspeeder and hung the CIS flag in the back, he goes by Cletus Kestis
Hehe, I'm using the same haircut. Best one I found so far.

Been playing some more, and man, when you are fighting more than one enemy, the combat gets freaking messy. I unlocked a heavier lightsaber though, that actually feels like you are swinging a sword, instead of a baseball bat.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
The problem is that they have to have Vader because otherwise it's not Star Wars enough for them. We have to show you the Things You Remember so you'll get excited. They don't care about plot consistency and characterisation, he's just a memberberry they throw at the fanbase that mostly eats it up, and shouts down the minority that points out the flaws in this approach.

Bob Feet is in the game too, btw.
BRO IF BOBS FEET THIER CALL JARL FRANK

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Darth Vader is cringe yes but i flinched more at that ugly negress that looks like those hollow zombies in Dark Souls 1. The fuck is that shit lmao.

Elttharion

Learned

'Quality':
In the (default) 30fps resolution mode, resolution scales dynamically from 972p (45 percent of 4K) at worst to 1242p at best (looking directly up at the sky, 57.5 percent of 4K)
Frame-rates as low as 20fps in some cutscenes and some hitches when transitioning from scripted cutscenes and gameplay. Later areas, such as Koboh, fare worse in areas with bodies of water; here we spotted frame-rates in the teens and 20s. Overall then, the 30fps mode makes a good amount of sense, especially given its advantage in image clarity, but its performance profile could certainly do with some tweaks to solve the worst drops.
'Performance':
As you might expect, the 60fps performance mode uses a lower range of internal resolutions, with menus suggesting a 1440p target (in comparison to a 4K target for resolution mode), but actual pixel counts revealing numbers between 648p and 864p upscaled with FSR 2 to 1440p. It's rare to see sub-720p internal resolutions on PS5 as we do here, but cutscenes do at least switch to a 30fps cap and therefore run at higher resolutions.
In the 60fps performance mode, the first city area is problematic, starting at a solid 60fps but dropping down as far as the 30s in some sections ... Coupled with its low rendering resolution, the 60fps performance mode is a tough sell - and just feels like it's lacking optimisation. The mode does become better later on, where areas like Koboh often lock to 60fps, but with watery areas again causing issues.

TLDR: Game performance is ass on every platform.

Source

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BROS I COULDNT GET PAST THE FIRST GAME FIRST LEVEL

A STAR WARS SETTING AND YOU HAVE TO KILL A BUNCH OF BUGS AND SHIT THAT WAS LAME AS FUCK
Isn't killing bugs and shit the normal lifestyle of a SW hero?

C'mon it might be lame as fuck, but later you'd be riding on a horse with 2-3 m long legs.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I've just encountered a battle droid standing at the precipice on which Cal was hanging in stealth, talking to himself (the robot) about how awesome he is, how he gets the best of views while guarding the post, how nobody bugs him, and how it takes only one more enemy to catch or kill to get promoted, all in that fuzzy-funny battle droid voice known from the films. I felt sorry for him, when I pressed that prompted one-hit-stealth-kill attack.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've just encountered a battle droid standing at the precipice on which Cal was hanging in stealth, talking to himself (the robot) about how awesome he is, how he gets the best of views while guarding the post, how nobody bugs him, and how it takes only one more enemy to catch or kill to get promoted, all in that fuzzy-funny battle droid voice known from the films. I felt sorry when I pressed that prompted one-hit-stealth-kill attack.
I have always been a bit confused about droids in Star Wars, are the sentient or not? They seem to be, but everyone, including the Jedi treat them like shit.

lametta

Educated
dunno why everyone on the internet cooms when it comes to this game. I finished fallen order just last year and it was solid/fun, but nothing revolutionary. This one is probably the same, it's a one and done game. Instead of holding of ppl go and buy ea pro or the game for what reason exactly. This game doesnt look much much better than fallen order. well maybe ppl will smarten up if the 3rd game runs with 15 fps on top hw(but who am i kidding they wont)

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I have always been a bit confused about droids in Star Wars, are the sentient or not? They seem to be, but everyone, including the Jedi treat them like shit.
I believe you can read a good, extensive explanation here: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/185187/are-droids-sentient-or-not

Tl;dr depends on which one.

I think I understand what you are getting at with the treating like shit thing. There's a bit of a two-facedness going on here. It is kind of always okay to kill an enemy droid, but to kill a raider—albeit deserving—is a thing of moral consequence. Or that they send droids to do the dangerous stuff instead of sending humans. Things like that. On the other hand, it really depends. It's actually been stressed on several occasions in films that droids are to be treated decently or as friends (should they fall into that category), and to do otherwise is a display of questionable behavior somewhat similar to racism. It does happen, but generally, it should be a no-no for a good guy, much less for a Jedi.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
dunno why everyone on the internet cooms when it comes to this game. I finished fallen order just last year and it was solid/fun, but nothing revolutionary. This one is probably the same, it's a one and done game. Instead of holding of ppl go and buy ea pro or the game for what reason exactly. This game doesnt look much much better than fallen order. well maybe ppl will smarten up if the 3rd game runs with 15 fps on top hw(but who am i kidding they wont)
Probably because it is a big-budget single-player game with no MTX.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

A real next gen looking game finally arrives and everyone's shitting 'em selves. People are in for a rude awakening when the UE5 stuff starts shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom