Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kiste

Augur
I am getting the distinct impression that many Codexers aren't exactly fond of the members of the proud and noble negro race.

Am I just imagining things?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Been watching Synth....this shit ain't even worth pirating. Slop for the goys....but this time in planetary amounts of it.
Btw powerpyx site tells the story (link here spoilers obviosuly...for those of you unfortunate enough to actually care about story in a shiteshda game) and it has be one of the worst things I've ever read in my life.
It has to be chatGPT generated, there's no way. No actual human would write something like this.
Anyway thanks for coming to my TED Talk. And this place should do something about the shithesda shills, even 1 is too many.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I just found out it'll be out for free on gamepass, and I have a subscription. So I might try it there, but I'd never pay money to play that.

Wokeness and bad writing aside(I don't really know if it's woke or badly written) but the little I've seen of the gameplay, it screams generic and mediocre(looked like Borderlands in space).

Oracscube

Formerly known as Oracsbox
Patron
Hadrian..apparently a wombyn..or not

4SupdOGIWM2l.png

xHWAj2gOEVam.png

7xQxcDmC9AY3.png

bkeBUwK1Qjwo.png

Genderfluidsquids confirmed..(apologies for picture quality I'm on my tablet)

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
Are there at least ground vehicles in the game? It could make for a decent Star Trek simulator even with no transition from space to ground. Especially if they have events when traveling between systems that involve dealing with anomalies and shit.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This game looks absolutely miserable
It's depressing just looking at it
And every NPC is black or mixed so normal people can't even escape into a nice fantasy world
Is this a demoralization psyop?
Yeah, this is what I was saying earlier in another thread:

Big studios get all their money from an initial sale. They mainly care about the first 10 hours or so, since that's all people finish, and they heavily rely on big money and on the media machine for ads, reviews and buzz in general.

But then you have Japanese and Korean gacha games, which although complete rip-offs are funded by user purchases. Users need to like the game content and want additional content enough to pull out their wallets. Regularly.

Go to any gacha game and count the number of black women vs the number of white women. Real Princess and the Frog reality check. FGO, for example, has I think one actually black woman out of 375 characters.

The problem is, the whole world has gotten used to blacks being forced into every media. So, for an initial sale, where all you're seeing is a commercial and only start thinking about this stuff hours later, it's not a problem.

But if you really had to choose with your wallet the kind of characters you want in the game, you'd probably pick European, Asian or any other race first.
Yeah, the chinese gacha game I'm playing has only 1 black character. Didn't even know about it, had to check when I read your post.
Hopefully the modders will give us a game where the black women look like
3ilzkbuzw9u81.gif

and the white girls look like

maxresdefault.jpg
That's just the bare minimum to even consider playing this. I thought about pirating it but I feel sorry for the 90GB of space it will take. (compressed)

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
holy shit the retardation. if you have "increased lung capacity" you consume MORE oxygen. i know i did scuba diving, and having gigantic lungs my tanks emptied almost twice as fast. of course people go for fantasy, anything retarded it's justified "it just works".
fuck off todd, die today.
Indeed. When I was scuba diving, a bunch of guys were smoking cigarettes to conserve more oxygen or that was the excuse at least :) And the big athletic guy did consume air at literally twice the rate of your average man.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Morrowind didn't have anything in particular to make the exploration more meaningful than Oblivion or Skyrim. It's just that the setting was amazing.

In-world directions without a quest compass of any kind, fast travel (which only operates between appropriate stations) integrated into the world as paid transportation networks, pace of travel over the landscape was deliberately slowed by geography.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Fallout 4 has better combat, as insane as that sounds. More grounded.

- The game feels more like Fallout 76 than 4. If you have played both you may know what I mean. Otherwise, it just has this extra floaty feel (not gravity related) as if you arent 100% connected to the ground. Fallout 4 felt more like Skryim in that you were grounded. Heavier.

Glad someone else noticed this shit. It feels off.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This game is going to be savaged by steam reviews on launch.

:popcorn:
Haven't played it, but I saw enough on streams. Just watching 3-4 hours on my second monitor, with half an eye while working, I already was seeing repetition.
And the loading screens are even more common than I had anticipated, even though I was memeing about Oblivion gates for a year.

Cancer Clancy

Literate
So, what are the exploration maps like? What are the different varieties and what does each variety contain?

I've heard that some maps are predesigned, are they the size and design of something like Point Lookout? Whereas when you land randomly on a planet it is generated, are those more like Mass Effect 1's maps in terms of "level of detail" ?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Truly GOATed mod-platform.
Out of the three aesthetic Bethesda modding playgrounds: Skyrim fantasy, Fallout 4 wasteland and Starfield sci-fi, the last seems the least pleasing for the usual type of autism.
Chainmail, trees, and tents just seems to work better than Apple clean laboratories and computers.

Oracscube

Formerly known as Oracsbox
Patron

deuxhero

Arcane
Hadrian..apparently a wombyn..or not

Genderfluidsquids confirmed..(apologies for picture quality I'm on my tablet)
Changing a clone's genetics defeats the entire purpose of cloning someone unless you're trying to deliberately create a quasi-offspring, or just "improving" the original (super powers, removing genetic defects).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom