Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

pomenitul

Arbiter
The fact that she has the potential to become TN if you romance her clearly indicates that she's not intrinsically evil.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still, I'd take David Gaider's writing anyday of the week over the latest millenial shit. He had a great sense of humour as well.

So you're telling us you enjoyed Gaider's sense of humour?

Ok, so what you're really asking me is would I haved sucked David Gaider's dick in return for him writing SOD?.

No.

I'd think about it. Not for too long. But I'd have to pause.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck :lol::lol::lol:

Dp4WAtKW4AEOU-z

Well, on some level I'm impressed. If you want an Eternal Virginity Stamp, go big or go home.
Ah, fuck. At least it doesn't have EE characters. Bless him.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is the character furthest back his character or some companion I don't remember?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well initially she just offered herself in exchange for shelter. A whore offering her services. The story went that after a while she grew to trust to guy and let her guard down and that's when the rape happened.
she's lying, she's evil
evil has a specific meaning in D&D

Believe all women! #metoo #toxicmasculinity #shitlords

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
That Viconia’s story about her befriending a... farmer and then him knocking her (a priestess of Shar) unconscious and gang raping her together with his sons is either some lazy made up bullshit by Viccy or some of the cringiest writing I’ve encountered so far. A faint sign of decline yet to engulf the industry.
She's lying. Use charm on the flaming fist guy to find out the truth.
Codex's favorite waifu is a ruthless murderer and liar.
Nope, this story happened after she and Gorion ward parted ways. Furthermore, I’ve tried charming the flaming fist soldier in the vanilla, he doesn’t say that.
It’s either some stuff added in EE or simply a misleading information from the wiki page.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
That Viconia’s story about her befriending a... farmer and then him knocking her (a priestess of Shar) unconscious and gang raping her together with his sons is either some lazy made up bullshit by Viccy or some of the cringiest writing I’ve encountered so far. A faint sign of decline yet to engulf the industry.

I'm a bit late on my annual playthrough,
but used charm on the flaming fist soldier and he does indeed say he's hunting her for killing a farmer and his family. They probably used this in reference to the Drizzt novels where he was framed and obviously didn't do it. But Viconia did. Although I suppose it's up for interpretation on how old the farmer's child was.

vota DC

Augur
Eh, it’s not rape which seems cringe to me, but the fact that Viconia, arrogant evil fucking bitch and priestess of Shar befriended a farmer. How do you imagine her talking about harvest, flock and shit?

Can't use magic when you are tied up and away from your holy symbol.
Well that farmer had a good roll on that attack I suppose.
-It is almost harvesting season!
-I will drink from your skull!

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

but used charm on the flaming fist soldier and he does indeed say he's hunting her for killing a farmer and his family. They probably used this in reference to the Drizzt novels where he was framed and obviously didn't do it. But Viconia did. Although I suppose it's up for interpretation on how old the farmer's child was.
Which version is this?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

Which version is this?

Vanilla original CD version. I'd have posted a screenshot but I'm getting a black screen. So you'll have to take me at my word, my impeachable sense of honour, and my sense of prestigious and manly conduct. :incline:

Melcar

Arcane
Vanilla original CD version. I'd have posted a screenshot but I'm getting a black screen. So you'll have to take me at my word, my impeachable sense of honour, and my sense of prestigious and manly conduct. :incline:
Yep, from the original game. You could charm lots of characters like that to get some interesting info, but usually never useful. It was fun nonetheless. BG2 did away with that, restricting those charm events to only certain key characters. Can't remember if the EEs restored that behaviour from the original game.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi 9C using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom