Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The regions were so fucking awful, I want to see if my view of the game improves by skipping them completely.
Please, have your weird brain condition looked at, I think if it deteriorated further it could begin to impede basic bodily functions.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The most irritating I've seen yet is Fallow Mire. Whoever came up with the idea that walking into the water should respawn enemies and this would be fun, should be forced to play nothing but Fallow Mire for 5 hours.
Uhhh. Did it ever occur to you to stay out of the fucking water? I haven't finished the zone, but spent around 3 hours there already. Spawned stuff in the water twice in that time. Yes, using M+K. If you have cerebral palsy, I apologize and retract my criticism; otherwise, L2platform.

Deleted member 7219

The regions were so fucking awful, I want to see if my view of the game improves by skipping them completely.
Please, have your weird brain condition looked at, I think if it deteriorated further it could begin to impede basic bodily functions.

Care to explain why I am wrong about the regions?

Lhynn

Arcane

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I have to do what you people do? That doesn't make sense.
DA:I did not feel like a game that you would have to immediately replay with a different build to see what interesting things you missed (unless you really speedrun it on the first try), so your plan strikes me as masochistic. The only binary choice that does not have a immediately apparent alternate outcome is the mages/templars one at the beginning.

And for me the exploration is the one thing the game has going for it, the areas are pretty well designed (and I like autistically searching for random broken shards in winding desert canyons). The main story maps were several times worse, essentially a tunnel from plot dump A to plot dump B (may include a boss fight) with some of th emore annoying mechanics in the game (I hate the Fade).

Deleted member 7219

So I have to do what you people do? That doesn't make sense.
DA:I did not feel like a game that you would have to immediately replay with a different build to see what interesting things you missed (unless you really speedrun it on the first try), so your plan strikes me as masochistic. The only binary choice that does not have a immediately apparent alternate outcome is the mages/templars one at the beginning.

And for me the exploration is the one thing the game has going for it, the areas are pretty well designed (and I like autistically searching for random broken shards in winding desert canyons). The main story maps were several times worse, essentially a tunnel from plot dump A to plot dump B (may include a boss fight) with some of th emore annoying mechanics in the game (I hate the Fade).

Yep, the Fade was pretty bad. Not quite as bad as it was in DA1, but it looked like BioWare wanted to repeat their mistakes from DA1 - I almost expected having to go to the Derp Roads again. Thankfully those areas were small.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I can tell you teach English by your rich vocabulary. Using "fuck" here and there makes you all the more convincing. Ok, as I said, you'll be my go-to source for any questions I may have. Nice to have access to a philologist.

I can tell you were taught English using a UK style program, like most of Europe, because you think class and sophistication has anything at all to do with it. In America everyone says fuck, because we don't give a shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"all conversation options are open."

Not quite true. You can take conversation abilities using your influence levels that opens up new convos.

"Whoever came up with the idea that walking into the water should respawn enemies and this would be fun, should be forced to play nothing but Fallow Mire for 5 hours."

Don't go in the fukkin' water. There is also a quest to stop it. And, they're undead. Of course, they come back.

Deleted member 7219

"all conversation options are open."

Not quite true. You can take conversation abilities using your influence levels that opens up new convos.

This is correct, actually. I forgot about the Inquisition skills.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"nope. it implies it does, but it doesn't do shit to stop or even reduce it."

It certainly did for me. Only undead I saw after that were of the other type from the fade or from ones who were only spawned on me earlier that i didn't kill. Mind you, I only finished the quest as I was leaving the area since my mission was accomplished.

Deleted member 7219

"nope. it implies it does, but it doesn't do shit to stop or even reduce it."

It certainly did for me. Only undead I saw after that were of the other type from the fade or from ones who were only spawned on me earlier that i didn't kill. Mind you, I only finished the quest as I was leaving the area since my mission was accomplished.

They respawned when I went back to the area, though I had less trouble with them - probably because I had levelled up several times since then. But they still come back.

I don't find that to be a problem with the area though, there are respawning enemies everywhere.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finished the Empress Celene questline.

Although the concept is good, and there is a lot of political intrigues in there, the execution I feel is lacking (even so, for Bioware standards is a nice change of pace)

The "popularity" mechanic in this quest is badly handled, having almost no use for it. The only place where this mechanic is played is during the dance sequence, where you can loose a lot of points depending on your answer, but that's it, it's a game over mechanic, it has no effect on the investigation (it would be nice to have this mechanic attached to the clues you can gather).

Then, the dungeon crawling parts are a waste of everybody's time, as usual, but I expected some fight that doesn't feel like one of the random enemies groups that spawn in the big areas (this is something extremely common on this game. DAO wasn't preciselly good at encounter design, but Inquisition is even worse). The investigation bits weren't great either, with a lot of radar use to uncover useless secrets, and spying conversations the dullest way possible (go to this place, press X, done)

Also, despite the political nature of this quest, the main story keeps making it as uninteresting as possible, making another "main quest villain" extremely boring without any more motivation than "rule the world with Corifeus".

A lot of wasted potential. Still, it wasn't bad, just pretty straightforward when is detrimental to the type of quest they're trying to pull of.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Had a quick go at the game.

Surprisingly better than DA2. Almost on the par with DA:O.

The good:

Choices made in previous games do matter and change the plot significantly in many areas.

Lore from DA:O finally reintroduced and significant progress made towards explaining what really is going on. This was a real let down in DA2.

Combat feels way more fun than it was in DA2. Tactical camera actually works okay. It is still standard MMO fare, but encounters are at least not "wave" like in DA2.

Some areas are REALLY well done. e.g. Temple of Mythal.

Lack of focus on dating sim.

Story feels focused and organized unlike in DA2.

Some characters actually make sense. Morrigan, Solas and Flemeth, for example, have understandable and (gasp) sensible motivations in the plot. A new high for Bioware.

The bad:

Horrible writing. It feels like written by a 15 yo girl trying to outdo Shakespeare.

New characters are LAME. Who the heck wrote these Sera and iron bull things????

Open world encounters are boring. Feel repetitive.

Terrible voice acting for a game that uses this as a selling point. Kate Mulgrave and Claudia Black are good. Rest are crap.

Verdict:

Buy 50% off. If you are interested in DA lore, then skip DA2 and directly jump into DA:I.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well in DA:O Morrigan had sensible motive she didn't want to go to gutter. I'd find zero reasons why she would do that hysterical scene from soap opera I seen in one video.

Azarkon

Arcane
Some anon translated the original chinese news post from 3DM:

After 15 days of work, the 64bit version of Denuvo has been cracked, this hints at Fifa 15,DA:I, and lord of the fallen being ready for release in the near future. To be honest, this DRM was pretty powerful, and made me worried, because fifa 15 and DA:I weren't preforming very well(in terms of market sales?). Fifa 15 sold 5000 copies, DA:I about 3000 copies, compared to international sales of a few million, it's a drop in the bucket, a lot of ORIGINAL HEROES(basically fags that buy original) bitched about how we're destroying the market, but now we can see it, if there is no crack, would people buy? I think, judging from our country's cultural and buying patterns, uncrackable games are damaging to the PC gaming scene in china, it doesn't increase the amount of legit/original games purchased, and many PC gamers would rather not play the game(abandon it). Habits/tastes have to be slowly built, market environment has to be slowly cultivated, the government's attitude has to slowly change, you can't change everything in one fell swoop.

Actually, our actions throughout the years, isn't it just to enable PC gamers to enjoy video games? To be able to increase or maintain the amount of PC gamers, we're very open to increased marketing of video games, but to be able to breach the many layers of government bureaucracy and to create a price point more suited to the spending power of chinese citizen, if only games would do that in china, they could sell millions, then it would reason that the effect of our cracks in china would not be that impactful.

Skills are only a form of (natural)ability, we possess skills, so it is natural to want to use them for good.

Translation: we cracked DAI for the glory of China! Now Chinese everywhere can ride the Bull! This is the only way to get them addicted to consolized PC gaming and become bona fide Biodrones who'll buy crappy games later.

Shit, it's bizarro world all over again. In Communist China, crackers' ultimate goal is to get you to buy shitty games for great justice.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I watched some youtube videos of this and holy shit is so cringe-worthy. You just know everyone you come in contact with party wise is being presented as someone you may want to fuck. So fucking creepy. Oh and the game looks horrible too. I can't see WTF is going on with all that MMO style sizzle and flash.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I watched some youtube videos of this and holy shit is so cringe-worthy. You just know everyone you come in contact with party wise is being presented as someone you may want to fuck. So fucking creepy. Oh and the game looks horrible too. I can't see WTF is going on with all that MMO style sizzle and flash.
It gets better after Skyhold, mang.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I love how shamelessly they ripped off Game of Thrones with their "Playing duh gaem" stuff in Orlesian politics.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah, because GOT is so original. NOT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom