Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
No but it is hip and hip is money.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Strange, I don't recall saying GOT is completely original.

It's still funny that they lifted it directly from GOT, especially seeing as they said it was one of their inspirations.

Turjan

Arcane
"DOS is great!" 200 pages

"Dragon Age In before Retardo, is shit" 500 pages.

RPGCODEX does scale to your level!
I guess much of this talk is due to people not having the game, which means you obviously cannot spend any time playing the game - unlike D:OS ;).

I'm really thankful for these videos. The game seems to be composed of lots of déjà vus, elements simply ripped out of older (Bioware) games and other popular titles from the last years, and this combined with boring combat. I'm either getting jaded, or there isn't much more to it than a copy of a copy. My overall feeling is "been there, done that". I have trouble finding a single element that is unique to this game and would make me remember it.

What's also kind of jarring is all these gamist and mood-breaking elements. Like in this last video, where you have this actually quite nice environment in the Fade, but the same boring battles as most of those battles during "exploration" on the outside. Quest notes, supply chests or raw material mining in your Fade nightmare don't help.

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Actually, a massive plot twist occurred in those 200 pages as it turned out that DOS wasn't -that- great after all. And still, apparently not as shit-worthy as DAI, though. I guess the people wastes-of-oxygen at bioware really know their trade, when it comes to making meh games.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In America everyone says fuck, because we don't give a shit.

latest

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Shit, it's bizarro world all over again. In Communist China, crackers' ultimate goal is to get you to buy shitty games for great justice.
Considering it's a group that started as a voluntary translators of western games to Chinese, it makes sense.

It's something like VN translators, just into different direction.

Image related:
picard-putin-obama.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally had some time to play yesterday. It's an offline MMO. More so than any other single player game I can think of.

The formula fits perfectly. I'm not saying this to be edgy, cool or pretend that I hate BioWare or anything else like that.

It's an offline MMO with some quests scattered around like the Assassin's Creed games.

• Different, big zones that have their own quest line with other quests scattered around
  • Side quests and content scattered around, examine stuff for more lore, pick herbs, fight mmo style fights with cooldowns and stuff
  • some settlements that give you quests, reminds me of many MMOs, the latest I played was Archeage
  • the way progression works for your character, stronger loot and pick abilities, combat feels like MMO combat
  • loot tied to levels
This game more than any other feels to me that if I played this with other people and the world was inhabited by other players, it would all make sense. They took Star Wars: TOR, used the Dragon Age licence and made it an offline game.

I don't hate it, but it's no way near the levels of Dragon Age: origins (yes, I liked it). I see this as the game I will come back to when there isn't much else I feel like playing. I'm done with online MMOs due to time constraints, but if I ever get the urge, I can play Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Fun fact, Michael Kirkbride thinks DA2 was better. Not saying that DAI is a bad game, but DA2 is his favourite of the three.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Actually, a massive plot twist occurred in those 200 pages as it turned out that DOS wasn't -that- great after all. And still, apparently not as shit-worthy as DAI, though. I guess the people wastes-of-oxygen at bioware really know their trade, when it comes to making meh games.

Is the twist that the game has actually been commercially successful, so it must mean its shit?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only question is: is it better than DA2? :M
I need more time to decide on that. I was expecting a group based action rpg, and it's basically what I got. I never expected that they would go in the direction of Origins. DA2 was disappointing because I expected a more refined Origins but we didn't get that, plus repetitive environments and other poor things. (The demo made me not buy the game and I ended up playing it on my cousin's computer a year after it released when he was living at my place.)

For Inquisition, I knew what I was getting into. I was just not expecting it to be the closest thing to an MMO that I have played. People said FFXII was an offline MMO (I sort of agree but still like the game). Dragon Age: Inquisition takes it to a new level.

On the whole, I think I will enjoy Inquisition more than DA2, but not for the same reasons I enjoyed Origins. While Dragon Age 2 tried to be a mix of action rpg and tactical group based rpg, Inquisition feels like an action rpg through and through. I can also say that I'm not a fan of no manual stat distribution.
I knew what I wouldn't like about Inquisition when I bought it, and the biggest reason I did and not waiting for a price drop was that I wanted a role playing game for the PS4.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Yes, it is, if only because the main quest is entertaining and there are a few interesting ideas I would like to see implemented elsewhere better - specifically strategic map and C&C associated with it. Everything else, though, is kinda shit. A wasted effort, really.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I found that sarcastic hawke was a much better character than the inquisitor, also most of the cast in DA2 was more fun, especially Varic.

DA:I, if i had to label it, would be as "soulless".

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Sorry to interrupt RK's delightful vids, but I have to show this one to you guys, it has two classic moments that really deserve viewing:

You just need to watch from 1:27 - 3:05 (party companions unable to keep still and then physically pushing the PC around while in quite conversation, forcing the player to comment)

23:13 - 28:55 (an experienced RPGer tries tactically kiting a HP bloat bear from an advantageous position)

Crevice tab

Savant

Well it is longer or at least seems longer. Also far less repetitive and the writing is less disjointed. On the other hand it manages to be even more boring and has even less substance than DA2.

It is more MMOish than fucking Amalur and FFXII combined which is quite impressive when you think about it but certainly not what I'd call good. In short this game avoids being bad by being absolutely, utterly and totally mediocre. So it depends if you like having some minuscule quantity of good stuff mixed in with a lot of bad stuff (DA2) or mediocrity (DAI).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally had some time to play yesterday. It's an offline MMO. More so than any other single player game I can think of.

The formula fits perfectly. I'm not saying this to be edgy, cool or pretend that I hate BioWare or anything else like that.

It's an offline MMO with some quests scattered around like the Assassin's Creed games.

• Different, big zones that have their own quest line with other quests scattered around
  • Side quests and content scattered around, examine stuff for more lore, pick herbs, fight mmo style fights with cooldowns and stuff
  • some settlements that give you quests, reminds me of many MMOs, the latest I played was Archeage
  • the way progression works for your character, stronger loot and pick abilities, combat feels like MMO combat
  • loot tied to levels
This game more than any other feels to me that if I played this with other people and the world was inhabited by other players, it would all make sense. They took Star Wars: TOR, used the Dragon Age licence and made it an offline game.

I don't hate it, but it's no way near the levels of Dragon Age: origins (yes, I liked it). I see this as the game I will come back to when there isn't much else I feel like playing. I'm done with online MMOs due to time constraints, but if I ever get the urge, I can play Dragon Age: Inquisition.

So its banal shit boring game yet 10% percent of Traitors to the Codexia bought it at full price? :rpgcodex:

All you except Comrade RK-47 Kun who made the LP showing how shity this is deserve one way tickets to Watchwitz cause :d1p: like you are worse than Joos and Cancer.:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom