Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 182 24.6%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm, FalloutBG/style Might & Magic Remake? I've wondered what combat for MM would be like using the HOMM engine. There are encounters with hundreds of mobs in MM2 I could see being stacked per hex. I also enjoy the tactical but maybe bg/fallout/ssi goldbox would be cool. Sure, I love blobbers but seeing the same game done well differently piques my interest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Maximilian from Celestial Heavens sits down with Marcus Pregent, who was one of the Level Designers on some legendary games, including Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven.
Pregent also tells of his experience working within the gaming industry for companies ranging from New World Computing to Disney and Microsoft. He also takes us on a trip to the film industry, where he worked on titles such as Tales of the Crypt and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (The Movie).

Sit down with us for the first part of this series of interviews. Enjoy listening to stories from the past, but also hear Marcus teasing us about a fan made project and what he has in store for the future.

---Video Timeline---
0:00 Intro
01:18 Marcus' Background
14:58 New World Computing / Might and Magic VI
28:21 Heroes of Might and Magic III

Poseidon00

Arcane
All of mine are on GOG and I haven't had any issues.

Been about one year in game time so far for me in 7. Get the message related to that event, had completed the dwarves main quest and the Erathia/other place conflict before that started. Currently level 12 I believe.

Druids are cool. Having all those buffs on one character is nice. Monk seems interesting-ish and I may use em in the future.

zapotec

Liturgist
Well now i want play MM7 again, i remember finishing it with this party (Light path) and it was a bit hard:
Paladin, Thief, Ranger, Druid.

Now i want to do a Dark path walkthrough with this party:

Fighter, Monk, Priest, Archer.

Good / Bad / Shit?

jackofshadows

Magister
Well now i want play MM7 again, i remember finishing it with this party (Light path) and it was a bit hard:
Paladin, Thief, Ranger, Druid.

Now i want to do a Dark path walkthrough with this party:

Fighter, Monk, Priest, Archer.

Good / Bad / Shit?
Every hybrid class (+ thief) is significantly weaker than any "pure" one so it's no surprise that your first run was "a bit hard". Worse would be only various gimped parties like 4 rangers (the worst class in the game). Your new composition I'd describe as mediocre: only 1 dark magic user, 2 melee classes and 1 ranged. You will be fine of course anyway, but if you want a stonger party I'd recommend a focused approach: either on magic (4 dark magic users for example, rush for lloyd's beacon), melee (active hired npc usage needed) or ranged (mixing archers/casters, this one sets for real-time fun mostly).
Even pirates have to use a workaround? That's some shitty invasive DRM in that case.
Yes, because after completing the first chapter (or whatever it is called) the game were sending server request to activate specific dialogue option in order to continue the journey. That's also the reason why even by adding the game in steam it still required uplay to play. Some fucked up shit indeed.

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
Hmm i think i'll do
Monk, Archer, Priest and Sorcerer.

Maybe the early game will be a bit harder but it's ok for me.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
but there is a M&M 11 (as in the M&M 6 fashion) game in development by some M&M devs

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Please tell me JVC is working on MM11 or there is a spiritual successor in the works

Not by JVC but there is a M&M 11 (as in the M&M 6 fashion) game in development by some M&M devs (or at least one of them, the thread is buried here somewhere)
Yeah i believe that it was the lead of MM9. I am surprised that people here didn't knew about it. Tho it is not mm11 but a blobber like mm6-9. Don't remember the name,we should ask Infinitron .

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Yeah i believe that it was the lead of MM9. I am surprised that people here didn't knew about it. Tho it is not mm11 but a blobber like mm6-9. Don't remember the name,we should ask Infinitron .

We dodged a bullet here, M&M 9 lead designer and M&M 6+7 level designers are on a different plane of existence, Carcères for the former, Celestial plane for the latter.

DaveO

Erudite
I downloaded his demo for his game, but real life takes precedence. And it's not helping when my brother is trying to suck me into a timesink game.

Curratum

The game looks like all of it should be 4 gb, why is just the demo this big? Or is this the full build, just content-locked somewhere in the code?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It looks just like that Fantastic Journeys (?) game I bought last year. Both kind of mercy buys at this point. Fit and finish on both atrocious at this point.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The English box releases of Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen have freakish huge boxes, wasn't aware of that because on images you can't really see it. Damn I love them

(for comparison the small goldbox type boxes and normal sized one for ID)

E5sIEtuWUAc6iQw

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom