Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Black

Arcane
Oh joy.

Riskbreaker

I liek how he used dat dead dude's face to unlock da door. It was like in yo face suckaa!! lol He's so cool and edgy XDXDXD

catfood

AGAIN
Of course it comes out on may 13th because that happens to be a friday, hyuk, hyuk. Get it? Friday 13th, hyuk hyuk. I hate this company so much and anyone who supports them.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
338923-doom.jpg

Cover looks like these shopped pics where they merge two covers into one aka "mirrored".

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't want my birthday and one year anniversary of registering here to coincide with the release of fucking D44M.

Black

Arcane
Of course it comes out on may 13th because that happens to be a friday, hyuk, hyuk. Get it? Friday 13th, hyuk hyuk. I hate this company so much and anyone who supports them.
Wanna monitor Codex steam group and look who's playing it on release?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Will this be the Doom to doom them all - them Dooms?
If this end like Thi4f aka "faithful return to the roots of the series" that didn't sell well - then might die, also thanks to modern audience that stopped loving these shooters (and arena shooters) for the modern shooters.

But the biggest problem is the br00tal Doom morons - if they throw enough dosh they will keep Doom alive. Which is worst that can happ

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah this has nothing to do with the Doom series, it will be forgotten in a year or two.

Oh, I doubt it. Id software was all alone when Doom 3 was released in post Xbox 360 times. But now, while they are under Bethesda's umbrella it will sold millions. Because when it comes to marketing, Zenimax knows how to do it and produce raging fanboys like mushrooms after rainy week. Luckilly for us Doom has a massive modder community so every year it's like Christmas. Rage had a big problems when it comes to the graphics, but Doom 4 seems to be working good. Probably we won't see big areas but it's not needed obviously.

If only new Doom had some RPG elements, I'm sure many elite members of the Codex would make Day 1 Purchase :positive:

Riskbreaker

Wanna monitor Codex steam group and look who's playing it on release?
He should feel obliged to share their names with us.
Then a couple of gents could volunteer to take upon themselves that most noble duty of dealing with Bethesda-enablers.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Brutal Doom HD looks great guise, I don't know what you're talking about :shittydog:

I'm one of the most vocal critics of Brutal Doom here, but it must be pointed out that Brutal Doom still uses classic Doom as a basis.

This game basically looks like a Brutal Doom mod for Doom 3. Same shit shooter, now with moar try-hard.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I never liked the revenants, I wonder why they made them a centerpiece in their marketing (and multiplayer gameplay).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I won't pirate on day one, I'll at least wait a couple of days or a week.
:retarded:
What the fuck does it change if you get shit sooner or later if it's still shit, even free one.
Like...why the fuck not forget about it and waste time on something at least marginally better?

Protip - you don't need to play games to consider them shit.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

As a french, parisian, guy, this might be the worse Friday the 13th of my life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom