Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Sykar

Arcane
Since you guys are shilling so hard for the game and the developers seem really dedicated to it I bought it at full price and giving it a whirl. I love the old XCom games, like the newer XCom somewhat and played JA 2 a lot as well so I do have a soft spot for tactical games. I hope that this will be as enjoyable as you guys make it out to be.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
okay so I started this and the systems seem really promising, as in: personal GotY-promising. the weeaboo is what it is, i can live with it, the art style isn't even *that* bad for a weeaboo game, but... why does every anime game force us to play pre-teen male protagonists that make the cucks of r/incels look like alpha males?

i hope you can play the game without this dude because if he apologizes for something lame to a female character one more time i'm going to castrate myself and permanently withdraw from society to live as a eunuch in a cave in nepal for the rest of my life

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What is the "Extra effect" of a mastery?
When you get a Mastery set, some bonuses strengthen the existing effects of Mastery(ies) which form this set. But also new effects can be added.

And Albus is a freaking slayer when built offensively. Can destroy whole enemy forces by himself (but can also die relatively easily to enemy bosses). Traces of Blood Mastery set says it gives 70% chance to activate Bladestorm (attack again) on bleeding enemies. Well, maybe it's +70% in addition to base 25%...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Usually, this just means some extra bonus. Which mastery or set are you talking about?

Earth Resistance is an example. It says:

"Increases Earth Resistance by 1 point for every Character level."

then below that it says:

"Extra Effect
Increases your Earth Resistance by 50."

Oh, that's just its "base effect" without the level scaled bonus, which is added on top.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
When you get a Mastery set, some bonuses strengthen the existing effects of Mastery(ies) which form this set. But also new effects can be added.

And Albus is a freaking slayer when built offensively. Can destroy whole enemy forces by himself (but can also die relatively easily to enemy bosses). Traces of Blood Mastery set says it gives 70% chance to activate Bladestorm (attack again) on bleeding enemies. Well, maybe it's +70% in addition to base 25%...

I tended to use him as a bottleneck holder - with masteries for bladestorm and riposte together, he's really good for that role. The only trouble is if you build him for that, you lose out on some other quite juicy mastery possibilities that make him more powerful for offense.

Choices, choices :)

Damn, the memories are making me want to play it again :)

Zumbabul

Savant

Usually, this just means some extra bonus. Which mastery or set are you talking about?

then below that it says:

"Extra Effect

The devs probably should write 'and' instead of 'extra effect'. Or do not write anything.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

then below that it says:

"Extra Effect

Oh, that's just its "base effect" without the level scaled bonus, which is added on top.

Thanks, man!

Another question: Albus is level 9 and Sion is level 8. But their class levels are 10 Swordmaster and 6 elementalist respectively. Can anyone account for how that system works?

The fact that such a complete pussy has this power in the game mechanics only deepens the annoyance

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
And Albus is a freaking slayer when built offensively.

I remember the mission with Irene exam. I was against double jew team (Isaac and Albus). My Albus chained killed all my cops, and then used ultimate on my battle mage Irene. The bladestorm proced, and Irene died. I was WTF???

Zumbabul

Savant
Another question: Albus is level 9 and Sion is level 8. But their class levels are 10 Swordmaster and 6 elementalist respectively. Can anyone account for how that system works?

Each character has a character level and a class level. A character level determines your stats, equipment you can use, and the amount of available TP. If you play in challenge mode, the game will add additional levels to enemies if you overleveled the mission. Treat it like usual levels you have in RPG.

The class level opens up masteries and abilities. Masteries are opened at lvls 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16. Some masteries can only be obtained by leveling a certain class for a certain character. Also class level opens up abilities (like double slash, wind wail, lightning bolt etc). You have a limited number of ability slots, so you should choose which ones you will use.

Once you will reach character level 15 and class level 10, you can transition to advanced class. I recommend to train basic class up to lvl 16, to open up all abilities and masteries of the basic class. Each character has two advanced classes. Let's say it is class A and B. Each advanced class opens new abilities and masteries. Class A can use abilities from Class A, Class B, and basic class. But, class A cannot use masteries from class B. Only from class A, basic class, common, and human ones.

It may sound complicated. This is because it is complicated) But, there will be more complicated stuff later in the game). My advice would be to level basic class to max level, and then level to max level both advanced classes. After that you should figure out how this part of the game works.

Zumbabul

Savant
The fact that such a complete pussy has this power in the game mechanics only deeps the annoyance

Don't worry, this game has a good 'from zero to hero' path. You start as a pussy, and end as alpha slave master. Very often in the community, Albus is referred as 'Albus the Slavemaster'.

At the end of the game, some of the female characters that dominated Albus will become his slaves. They will work for you for free.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Incredibly useful, thanks a lot Zumba

EDIT: regarding the level-descriptions, not Albus' route to master chad :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"so, grunker, what's a grown ass heterosexual male with a serious job like special advisor for a political leader such as yourself doing with your vacation?"

"oh, nuffin' special really"

EtB6Dta.jpg
goddammit korea...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
"so, grunker, what's a grown ass heterosexual male with a serious job like special advisor for a political leader such as yourself doing with your vacation?"

"oh, nuffin' special really"

EtB6Dta.jpg
goddammit korea...

What I find interesting about playing East Asian games is that although they may look faggoty, there's a refreshing lack of many of the usual schmaltzy Hollywood tropes, and a refreshing presence of musings on things like loyalty, hierarchy, respect, consideration, "filial piety," courage, etc.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That can be done without the writing of a 10-year-old and all the silly aesthetics. Korea makes some of the best goddamned movies in the modern age. This was one of the best theater experiences I had the last few years:

(The trailer only tells half of the story - that it's a fantastic thriller - it is also incredibly funny)

Lhynn

Arcane
That can be done without the writing of a 10-year-old and all the silly aesthetics.
Heixin looks silly, but hes just eccentric, he stands out because of this. As for the writing, he has personal reasons to be there, you find out about his motivation later on, he is basically one of the most important members of the cast, second to Albus i would say (In terms of importance in the story).

Sykar

Arcane
That quest beating Roberto in the park is just plain stupid at level 13. Guy has almost 3 times my HP and one shots me with a sliding kick. Now my mission success rate is under 90% because of that overtuned fatso. Glad his quest is not vital but such crap leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
okay so I started this and the systems seem really promising, as in: personal GotY-promising. the weeaboo is what it is, i can live with it, the art style isn't even *that* bad for a weeaboo game, but... why does every anime game force us to play pre-teen male protagonists that make the cucks of r/incels look like alpha males?

i hope you can play the game without this dude because if he apologizes for something lame to a female character one more time i'm going to castrate myself and permanently withdraw from society to live as a eunuch in a cave in nepal for the rest of my life
By the end of the game, Albus has accumulated a harem of six women slavering over him, although you'll need to wait for the sequel for him to act on it.

X0AtO5m.jpg

vpfbjMo.jpg

oIsDI5Z.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you'll need to wait for the sequel for him to act on it.

I doubt he would know the meaning of your innuendo, but it only makes it more cuck that it's a fantasy of how even boys who spend their youth communicating to women through apologies can become uber-chads

Currently fighting my first massive battle, that was some retarded stuff. I must have spent 95% of the past hour just right-clicking to move. Hopefully that type of fight is not too prevalent

WhiteShark

Learned
Currently fighting my first massive battle, that is some retarded stuff. I must have spent 95% of the past hour just moving units. Hopefully that type of fight is not too prevalent
There are multiple 100+ enemy battles among the violent cases. I recommend turning up the animation speed to maximum.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Currently fighting my first massive battle, that is some retarded stuff. I must have spent 95% of the past hour just moving units. Hopefully that type of fight is not too prevalent
There are multiple 100+ enemy battles among the violent cases. I recommend turning up the animation speed to maximum.

I did. That's why it's "only" taken an hour so far. I can only imagine the hellscape on lesser speeds

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I played through the entire game without turning up the speed and there were definitely missions that took me 4+ hours

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom