Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
My energy shield blocks dick from the native. Do I need to switch to a low or a medium to deal with the crossbow bolts?
A. Can you fucking read? Bolts are low speed, makes sense to go low, no?
B. You cant deal with bolts. Dont get hit. Metal can. Chew antidotes.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
spoilerinos

Is psi crab armor absolute shit for psi points or what?
2 psi regen per turn is 10 looong turns to get 20 psi.
But the shitties beetle armor gives you 10% drop in cost when you burn through 190 psi in the first 2 turns, no problem.
And the cost reduction is instant but the regen drag-out is just painful.
Need Soyer, stat!

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Is the "Oldfield has an urgent message" quest bugged? I got that call from him telling me to come to the camp and speak to him immediately, went back to camp and saw the pirates were attacking, (I never got a subsequent call telling me the camp was under attack, but did when I radioed in) wiped out the pirates, but then when I went to speak to him and he just had the usual things to say.

Tygrende

Arbiter
sounds like cheap trick to have. Trigger opportunist if needed or use along with flashbang/crawler caltrops to delived powerful, long lasting cc effect
Thing is, you're much better off using toxic gas instead. You will deal more damage thanks to contamination than you would with opportunist, and chill is not that strong compared to it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That, and there's an extremely strong anti-bio gas mask to complement an anti-bio carrier vest armor.

If you still receive stacks of Contaminated, though, this is a risky strategy. I've actually been planning to try just that (mask + carrier vest and toxic gas grenades) in the very near future, but I can't speak from experience yet.

hell bovine

Arcane

Parabalus

Arcane
Adding even more power to PSI through the use of non-combat stuff is bonkers when he repeatetedly nerfs non-PSI stuff.
All builds are equal but some are more equal than others.
RlqTY8B.png

-edit-
I'm super glad to have started the base game as a stealth sniper that finished as AR very much organically.
And now playing PSI with all the great new psi additions =D

What are the requirements for getting the different tiers?

I got Philosophy III immediately upon first encounter, with high Persuade and 9 INT.

EDIT: you can ask about it afterwards... i wonder if i manage to steal it whether it will open more interesting options to talk
yeah, stole it and then felt like rubbing it in his face, I was rewarded with incline
may i ask what was pickpocket treshold?

You can also persuade him to give it to you when he's in the Hanging rat.

spoilerinos

Is psi crab armor absolute shit for psi points or what?
2 psi regen per turn is 10 looong turns to get 20 psi.
But the shitties beetle armor gives you 10% drop in cost when you burn through 190 psi in the first 2 turns, no problem.
And the cost reduction is instant but the regen drag-out is just painful.
Need Soyer, stat!

It's pretty shitty, only decent part is that the quality goes a bit higher.
The 10% even reduces upkeep (Force emission and precognition) so it doesn't even have that niche.

Bergblatstein

Novice
How do you know the exact number of rifts in the game? Also, where's the Pirate Bay one? I haven't seen anything in Port Ceto.

This guy found a few, dont know if thats all. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-incline-awakens.105387/page-399#post-6246667
The Pirate Bay rift is in a clever little spot, that is not exactly inside Port Ceto ;)
Exact Location:
One grid west of where Ferryman docks, before Psi-Grandma fence, hidden within a glowing plant of the same color.

Black Angel

Arcane
Adding even more power to PSI through the use of non-combat stuff is bonkers when he repeatetedly nerfs non-PSI stuff.
RlqTY8B.png

-edit-
I'm super glad to have started the base game as a stealth sniper that finished as AR very much organically.

I got Philosophy III immediately upon first encounter, with high Persuade and 9 INT.
7 INT. I only got 5 options to discuss with him at the time. Then I came back with a Hypercerebrix, able to pass another check and advance the discussion. At some point he asked me if I want to pause, so I did, and saw I got Philosophy II. Then I leveled up and increase my INT to 8, had another discussion and this time continued where we left off and upon exhausting his dialogue options, got Philosophy III. I think my dialogue option regarding True Death is bugged because I can attempt lower INT checks multiple times. So does the discussion about Passage of Time because I can't get him to re-explain it to me.

Also, have you succeeded in making him discuss about The Center with you? Even with a 8 INT pumped to 10 with Hypercerebrix, he still thinks I haven't grasped the basic and it's too complicated for me.
Mfw discussing philosophy and shit with the Ferryman
when-its-big-brain-time-yeah-this-is-big-brain-58298145.png

Parabalus

Arcane
RlqTY8B.png

-edit-

7 INT. I only got 5 options to discuss with him at the time. Then I came back with a Hypercerebrix, able to pass another check and advance the discussion. At some point he asked me if I want to pause, so I did, and saw I got Philosophy II. Then I leveled up and increase my INT to 8, had another discussion and this time continued where we left off and upon exhausting his dialogue options, got Philosophy III. I think my dialogue option regarding True Death is bugged because I can attempt lower INT checks multiple times. So does the discussion about Passage of Time because I can't get him to re-explain it to me.

Also, have you succeeded in making him discuss about The Center with you? Even with a 8 INT pumped to 10 with Hypercerebrix, he still thinks I haven't grasped the basic and it's too complicated for me.
Mfw discussing philosophy and shit with the Ferryman
when-its-big-brain-time-yeah-this-is-big-brain-58298145.png

I couldn't discuss the center, but got Philo III without it. Didn't try with more than 9 INT.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When do you get shield emitters? I'm almost done with
Depot A

I haven't seen a single one for sale.

Parabalus

Arcane
Depot A

You'll find them in core city. You can loot some early from Abram's 3rd quest, or craft your own.

Easy way to loot some in core city is from the
gangsters one are north of Gorsky and Jon the Beautiful.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Depot A

on my first playthrough i found my first shield emitter in the locked box near the end of Depot A.
Now i've found it only after reaching Core City.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted

Candide

Educated
Bilocation can fuck right off. I hate enemies/damage that I can't defend myself against*. Even if you kill the caster the doppelgangers still run around.

*the only psi skills I have is the new temporal manipulation cooldown reduction

ciox

Liturgist
Bilocation can fuck right off. I hate enemies/damage that I can't defend myself against*. Even if you kill the caster the doppelgangers still run around.

*the only psi skills I have is the new temporal manipulation cooldown reduction
You pretty much need Psi to be able to kill them (Neural Overload)
Other than that they are vulnerable to a lot of debuffs like Intimidate, Suppressive Fire, you'll have to experiment. Dunno if this shit still works but placing Bear Traps in their way can also make them lose their turn even if they're immune to them. (inb4 patch)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bilocation hasn't let me down so far. Best was when I used it on a melee enemy. I cast bilocation and then I cast Forcefield. I just watched them wreck each other.

Wurmheart

Barely Literate
Goys rate thsi spear build. Stat focus str/con.
no throw. riot shield+iron grip.
yNXqlG0.jpg

Focusing on sweep for offbalance then Impale. THrow got nerfed hard so whatever.
Due to stat requirement cannot into 18 str :(

I'd say focusing on block just isn't worth it for spear builds, especially since it only works for melee damage anyway.
That and you sacrifice 15% damage and a good amount of feats for a worse defense than what tactical vests or metal armor offer. I just don't see the point.
Spear guardian is still worth it though, it's quite reliable with its +2 spec.

Recklessness and Weaponsmith are also quite nice for getting occasional massive crits, especially since you have cheap shots and critical power already.

There's no need to max out Tailoring, Mechanics and Electronics. You can get a 15% bonus from your house so you'll want to reach 140 in those stats. (not invested, but total ofc.) Most crafts shouldn't exceed 160, but a few exceptions are possible if you get luckly on 150+ qualities.

I'd personally also highly recommend going part psi for Psycho Temporal contraction + Psycho Temporal acceleration feat for that sweet 3 turn +30 movement and +20 action points instead of sprint. Even if it lowers your max hp and requires some temporal skill points.

I didn't try high evasion / thick skull on this build yet, but those look extremely valuable given how often I got snared and stunned.

And bring a ton of grenades ofc, a few optional enemies in expedition can't even be meleed with a spear.

yNXqlG0.jpg

Focusing on sweep for offbalance then Impale. THrow got nerfed hard so whatever.

I'd say focusing on block just isn't worth it for spear builds, especially since it only works for melee damage anyway.
That and you sacrifice 15% damage and a good amount of feats for a worse defense than what tactical vests or metal armor offer. I just don't see the point.

Recklessness and Weaponsmith are also quite nice for getting occasional massive crits, especially since you have cheap shots and critical power already.

There's no need to max out Tailoring, Mechanics and Electronics. You can get a 15% bonus from your house so you'll want to reach 140 in those stats. (not invested, but total ofc.) Most crafts shouldn't exceed 160, but a few exceptions are possible if you get luckly on 150+ qualities.

I'd personally also highly recommend going part psi for Psycho Temporal contraction + Psycho Temporal acceleration feat for that sweet 3 turn +30 movement and +20 action points instead of sprint. Even if it lowers your max hp and requires some temporal skill points.

I didn't try high evasion / thick skull on this build yet, but those look extremely valuable given how often I got snared and stunned.

And bring a ton of grenades ofc, a few optional enemies in expedition can't even be meleed with a spear.
crawlers and knife homos are very annoying, this build is made to DOMINATE them. Also taking nimble and the veteran feat to reduce armor penalty so that with good boot springs its alright to move and stuff.
This build is more of a defensive build. Taking recklessness would be counter productive in that case.
Cheap Shots and Critical Power is to buff Impale and other occasional crits. weaponsmith would be somewhat lackluster, unlike for knives and swords. Also requires 6 int.
For the crafting; yeah i agree partially. but for making drugs/mk iv grenades in DC that much chem/bio is threshold i think.
I guess 25 PK for force field and 70 TM for Stasis si doable.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Sometimes I let out a silent prayer that there is no event that clears maps...
m4r7yGj.png

lel get fucked RNG
JZMnBWG.png

Underwater welding
Sj1LwH5.png

Parabalus

Arcane
yNXqlG0.jpg

crawlers and knife homos are very annoying, this build is made to DOMINATE them. Also taking nimble and the veteran feat to reduce armor penalty so that with good boot springs its alright to move and stuff.
This build is more of a defensive build. Taking recklessness would be counter productive in that case.
Cheap Shots and Critical Power is to buff Impale and other occasional crits. weaponsmith would be somewhat lackluster, unlike for knives and swords. Also requires 6 int.
For the crafting; yeah i agree partially. but for making drugs/mk iv grenades in DC that much chem/bio is threshold i think.
I guess 25 PK for force field and 70 TM for Stasis si doable.

With your 5 INT you can get by with 90 skill investment in crafting (outside of DC), what you put in is way overkill. Traps is also overkill by 80 points.

I'd def take Grenadier earlier than 22.

Paranoia is a waste, you won't see Death Stalkers either way, and you're spear block so they shouldn't be an issue, you also have thick skull. Nimble also seems pointless.

Adding TM would def strengthen the build, it's just OP.

Jezal_k23

What's up with insanely high Mechanics/Electronics/Tailoring? Do you really need them that high? I thought 160 was the effective level you needed, not base.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom