Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Hybrid FPP/Overhead Turn-based Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, I wasn't really paying attention to the lore, but mechs, robots, exoskeletons, cyborgs, kinda doesn't matter, for me that whole aesthetic is not what I show up for in a vampire game. Again that's just my taste.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, I wasn't really paying attention to the lore, but mechs, robots, exoskeletons, cyborgs, kinda doesn't matter, for me that whole aesthetic is not what I show up for in a vampire game. Again that's just my taste.
It's a cyberpunk game with vampires in them you glorified mosquitofag.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a cyberpunk game with vampires in them you glorified mosquitofag.
I mean yeah. But to me cyberpunk is more like this

1*cP-SxA_2i02jpJhAaRGGbg.gif

and less like this.

3829282173e9014f05a6cd8c5fb940e3.gif

I wanna play Neuromancer, not Gundam.

Again just my opinion.

Norfleet

Okay, so is this a game, or just more vaporware, and is this weeb shit that belongs in weeb jail like the other one? If there is a game, where is it? And if there is not a game, why is this not appropriately tagged as Vaporware?

Sykar

Arcane
Also why would vampires not be using this? It's not like they have much humanity left to lose.
Combination of hyper-conservatism from the older vampires and a quirk of the curse that governs all bloodsuckers. Vampirism in the setting is caused by a curse, itself produced as a side-effect of trying to imitate true immortality.

Attempting to make your already immortal flesh even more immortal triggers additional effects of the curse. Anathema such as attempting to upload your mind onto the net results in some crazy shit. It has a major impact on the story.

Power armor doesn't thrill me, either as enemies or as allies/player character options. Absolutely not what I would want to play a near future vampire game for. One zebra's opinion.

It's more of a full-body suit of prosthetics. So I think the original modeler was trying to make an Astartes/Starcraft marine power armor, but clearly there's not enough space for limbs, not even in the central abdomen, given that there should be a lot mechanical bits in there (and a power source).

But as a prosthetic I think it's kind of cool, especially since you can lower the head even further down into the chest cavity to further protect it.

But ultimately, in a gameplay sense the hyper-augmented route is for players who want to reject vampirism or even want to challenge the Vampire lineages as a mortal.

There will be options to betray/destroy the vampires and their syndicates.
nu-XCOM had an interesting idea for that kind of mechanization:
iu

Sort of modular prosthetics. Not sure if they carry or get replaced by the in field armor suit.

xcom__enemy_within___mec_trooper_fan_made_poster_by_mechpilot524-d97jmf7.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Okay, so is this a game, or just more vaporware, and is this weeb shit that belongs in weeb jail like the other one? If there is a game, where is it? And if there is not a game, why is this not appropriately tagged as Vaporware?

Chill bro. I started this thread a year ago. Seven years from now, Rusty can bump the thread every week and you can yell at him, as is tradition.

Sort of modular prosthetics. Not sure if they carry or get replaced by the in field armor suit.

Yeah ERYFKRAD mentioned that too. I vaguely remember the MEC dudes. At the time I assumed it was two bodyshells, one for out of combat (hanging out at base and jerking the robodick) and one for combat.

Zombra

Patron
Not my fault you can't differentiate between mecha, exoskeletons and powered armour.
It is your fault if you think what's important about the genre is the exact explanation of the technology, and not the general style. Really none of the things you just mentioned are cyberpunk ... soooo ... the distinction is meaningless here.

For the third time though, it's just my opinion, it's fine for this game to push into other genres, and I'm not the mayor of Cyber-Town. But whatever the setting justification, I'm simply less interested in a game that looks more like BATTLETECH than Snow Crash.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tyranicon already made 3 games (that I know of) so it's pretty realistic to assume he'll make this one too. So why would you want a vaporware tag?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
For the third time though, it's just my opinion, it's fine for this game to push into other genres, and I'm not the mayor of Cyber-Town. But whatever the setting justification, I'm simply less interested in a game that looks more like BATTLETECH than Snow Crash.

No worries, I'm sure a few things in the game will be different aesthetically, especially since they're assets made by different people.

Augmentations/gear that street gangs have will look different than what government agencies/corps/knightly orders will have.

I am excited about the the ultra-religious Slayer Order/vampire hunters. i'll have to make up some bullshit about why their armor is like it is. Mostly rule of cool.

01Slayer.jpg

Zombra

Patron
Haha, I love this guy. The visor is very c-punk imo. The armor is silly as hell but hilarious. Something about "well vampires are 1000s of years old and we've been hunting them all that time so we wear traditional combat gear", who knows. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. My favorite thing about this guy is that grim expression. There's nothing better than a straight man who looks ridiculous but is adamant about serious business.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Quick mockup of character creation before we add animations. Five seperate sub-pages for tweaking stats, background, factions, lineage, and anatomy (choosing between penis or vagina). This is a sex game after all.

aaaaaaa.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am excited about the the ultra-religious Slayer Order/vampire hunters. i'll have to make up some bullshit about why their armor is like it is. Mostly rule of cool
They probably subcontract to local gangs every now and then I suppose.

jungl

Augur
a5lclu2piqq21.jpg

Nonono mechs are cool in fact make the slayer leader be kira yamato jesus. Have him confront the player with the ultimatum if mechs are cooler then the hex girl scooby doo vampire sluts they been befriending.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Memoirs Lorebook is finished and delivered to backers. Will be available for sale in a few days.

Thinking of making one for the vampires at some point, will probably be a kickstarter reward.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Memoirs Lorebook is finished and delivered to backers. Will be available for sale in a few days.

Thinking of making one for the vampires at some point, will probably be a kickstarter reward.
I'm playing through one of your earlier games (from the same world though), Singularity: Tactics Arena and there is already much interesting lore there. Shapers fueling their magick with memories, these discarded memories later becoming sentient entities, different levels of reality, the heroic legends, Sunseeker, falling moons... so I'm definitely looking forward to the lore book. Good job you did on that front.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Neat. Have you considered licensing a ttrpg adaptation?
I've thought about it, but that's really a longterm idea. Currently the biggest draw is probably the lore, as I'm still converting the mechanics from JRPG to cRPG. I don't think anybody really wants a ttrpg with great lore but poor mechanics.

Also I'm basically unknown with a very small following.

Maybe eventually, after Vampires.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Neat. Have you considered licensing a ttrpg adaptation?
I've thought about it, but that's really a longterm idea. Currently the biggest draw is probably the lore, as I'm still converting the mechanics from JRPG to cRPG. I don't think anybody really wants a ttrpg with great lore but poor mechanics.

Also I'm basically unknown with a very small following.

Maybe eventually, after Vampires.
Plenty of popular and classic ttrpgs have poor mechanics and fans got invested purely based on the presentation and lore. The ttrpg industry actually has a huge brand loyalty problem that makes it impossible for new games to compete regardless of how well thought their rules are. So it’s very stagnant and quality standards from the big companies are pretty low.

Yeah, going into ttrpgs is not something you do if you want to make money. Or want people to read your work at all. If you don’t have industry connections, then it’s largely a hobby you do for personal vanity. Altho you might find some success on kickstarter, for reasons that still mystify me.

I wanted to make my own ttrpg once, but I gave up because it’s not a growth sector. So I decided to invest in crpgs because the market for non-fantasy crpgs is untapped and ripe for exploitation. It provides all the benefits of designing a ttrpg campaign, but there’s actually a market for it so you can readily get feedback and turn a profit.

Zombra

Patron
I never understood the market for tabletop games and boardgames adapted from computer games. Adapting tabletop rules and digitizing them makes sense but going the other direction feels like putting toothpaste back into the tube because computer games do so much more under the hood.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I never understood the market for tabletop games and boardgames adapted from computer games. Adapting tabletop rules and digitizing them makes sense but going the other direction feels like putting toothpaste back into the tube because computer games do so much more under the hood.

People want to play with their friends. Of course, there are cRPGs that let you do that, but there's something about the tactile feeling of dice and sitting around a table.

Plus, it's just an excuse to get drunk and talk about random shit. Video games don't offer the same.

Also, the kickstarter $$$ is in boardgames and ttrpg books, not video games. People got burned too many times.

:negative:

Zombra

Patron
People want to play with their friends. Plus, it's just an excuse to get drunk and talk about random shit.
Yeah, I get that and I get the boardgame experience of course. Just seems weird to try to force content from other formats that aren't a great fit. There are a million good RPGs already, I just don't see the need for bad adaptations, don't need the Super Meat Boy or Bayonetta turn-based TTRPGs but somehow everyone seems to want stuff like this. I don't get it. There are actual ground-up TTRPGs to play with good systems.

Also, the kickstarter $$$ is in boardgames and ttrpg books, not video games. People got burned too many times.
Now THAT makes sense.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Adapting tabletop rules in my experience is usually inferior or superfluous to just making up rules to fit the computer medium. They’re fundamentally different mediums with wildly different limitations (a crpg is basically a premade adventure path but without the flexibility of a live GM to modify events on the fly), so it makes little sense to adapt existing rules.

But I digress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom